Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lag issues and timeouts

allowSocketTimeout was apparently true for me as well and I never changed it.

I just completed an entire day's worth of interactions w/o seeing a single request fail.

I think it originally defaulted to true, but I changed the default many years ago, so old players who had it set to the original default didn’t automatically get the new default.

I probably should just remove it, since I think it is generally a bad idea.

My apologies, folks. I misinterpreted a bunch of stuff to mean that the errors were purely due to mafia (something CDMoyer said, a graph he posted, the fact I couldn't replicate the errors myself, and the complaints only ever seemed to happen when using mafia itself).

If it hasn't been already, I will bring it up in /dev, and I will also correct the misinformation in the next next patch notes. My understanding is that it's an issue with 2 of the 4 KoL servers?

Really sorry about that!

My apologies, folks. I misinterpreted a bunch of stuff to mean that the errors were purely due to mafia (something CDMoyer said, a graph he posted, the fact I couldn't replicate the errors myself, and the complaints only ever seemed to happen when using mafia itself).

If it hasn't been already, I will bring it up in /dev, and I will also correct the misinformation in the next next patch notes. My understanding is that it's an issue with 2 of the 4 KoL servers?

Really sorry about that!
    Originally Posted by Aenimus View Post
    Thank you for the apology.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Thanks, Aenimus.

Revision 19533 disables allowSocketTimeout. I left the code, as an example of how to do it, but the option is ignored and is always treated as false.

While I can't say which fix helped, I no longer have such bad trouble. I've seen a few things that look like lag timeout, but less than once a day per character, which is something I can comfortably live with. Thanks, everyone!

It's possible to mitigate the issues by editing your /etc/hosts file, to only connect to a "stable" server
    Originally Posted by Ezandora View Post
    Thank you Ezandora! I was timing out every couple of minutes for the last few months. After applying this fix, I've only timed out once in the past week.