New Content - Implemented Summer 2019 Challenge Path - Kingdom of Exploathing

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Looks like the telegram kmail is triggered by visiting place.php?whichplace=manor1. I assume this is a special case since main.php (which would normally trigger it) is replaced in the path.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I inserted a visit to that in ValhallaManager.postAscension() before trying to use the telegram in revision 19497. I suppose I could do that only if KoLCharacter.isKingdomOfExploathing(), but it should be harmless.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I assume this is a special case since main.php (which would normally trigger it) is replaced in the path.
So, if I understand you correctly, since main.php does not unlock anything in this path (unlike every single other path), since it immediately redirects to exploathing.php, we should:

1) Not waste a server hit trying to connect to main.php in this path
2) For anything that we think will be triggered by main.php, we need to find some other visit that will actually trigger it.

For 2, we have found that place.php?whichplace=manor1 will do it for Lady Spookyraven's telegram.
What else are we missing?

(My opinion: KoL itself should make exploathing.php unlock everything that main.php used to unlock, since it replaces main.php in this path. But, as always, we do not control KoL and just have to work around whatever they throw at us.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I verified that if you didn't get the rocketship in the Giant Castle, the Hole in the Sky really is no longer accessible in aftercore after Kingdom of Exploathing.

And, unsurprisingly, my attempted visit to place.php?whichplace=manor1 before reading Lady Spookyraven's telegraph doesn't work in Kingdom of Exploathing (the only path that requires it) because you need to visit the council before going to any place.php. We could do this by visiting "place.php?whichplace=exploathing&action=expl_council" first, but doing so will trigger the council's initial message and start all your quests. Personally, I think that is convenient, but if you really want to see the initial Council message, you can't, since we took it away.

Thoughts?

(For now, I'll do it in my PostAscension script, which will also make by briefcase initialization work.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Maximizer suggests "uneffect xxx" (which requires a soft green thing) when you can't necessarily get that thing. It does it even if you have "on hand" selected. And in Hardcore, that will never be the case. In Normal, you COULD pull it - in which case, perhaps it should suggest it if you have pullable/buyable selected?

The noncombat on the battlefield needs to remove the item you fed to the hippies or frat boys from inventory.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19509 handles the non-combat in the exploded battlefield: if you toss an item, it removes it from inventory and increments fratboysDefeated or hippiesDefeated appropriately.

You defeated 18 hippies with some ghuol guolash
You defeated 21 frat boys with some space wine

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The Hippy/Frat war is a different quest than the Island War quest. It has a different name in the Quest Log and finishing it is not an indication that the island is available. This is why frono noticed that we think the Hippy farm stand is available after you free the king in Kingdom of Exploathing: when you defeat the war boss, we set the Island War quest to finished, which implies you can get to the Island.

I've started coding the Hippy/Frat quest, but I don't have the text from the council when you finish it, or the text from the Quest Log. Since I ascended today, I'll get those things tomorrow. I may release what I have before then, since we can set it "finished" without needing to look at the quest log, if we watch you finish it.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
This does not seem to be in monsters.txt yet

Code:
New monster #2137 found in Manuel with name 'invader bullet' image 'invaderbullet.gif' attributes ='Scale: ? Cap: ? Floor: ? Init: 10000 P: construct'

New monster #2136 found in Manuel with name 'skeleton astronaut' image 'astroskeleton.gif' attributes ='Atk: 100 Def: 100 HP: 100 Init: 100 P: undead'

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
From the Questlog:

HTML:
<p><b>War, What Is It Good For?</b><br> Resolve the Hippy/Frat War.  Remaining soldiers: 333 hippies,  333 frat boys.<p>

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hmm. After completing the Hippy/Frat quest, the quest log says:

Make War, Not... Oh, Wait
You led the Orcish frat boys to victory in the Great War. For The Horde!

Which is to say, it has the message for the normal Island War. And because of the, the QuestL12War is now "finished", and the Mysterious Island is - supposedly - available.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19511 attempts to handle all the Hippy/Frat war quest stuff. questL12HippyFrat tracks it.
Unfortunately, when you finish, questL12War will also be set when you visit your quest log.
Therefore, that is no longer an indication that the island is accessible. Having an appropriate boat will do.

Jeparo

Thanks for adding support so quickly! I've noticed a few glitches while trying to make sl_ascend work in the new path. They're not too hard to work around, but here you go:

1. adv1 called on "Inside the Palindome" fails, even when you have a Talisman o Nam equipped. I found that this is mitigated by setting "questL11Palindome" to "started", which (I speculate) turns off the "have you unlocked this area" check.

2. "acquire" CLI command doesn't work on rare Meat isotopes:

Code:
> acquire 30 rare Meat isotope

Verifying ingredients for rare Meat isotope (10)...
Don't know how to retrieve a Meat

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just ascended and verified several things:

1) You cannot go to place.php until you have visited the council. KoLmafia does such a visit before it calls your PostAscension script, and my script succeeded in setting my KGB Briefcase. Yea!
2) Having visited the council, you can visit place.php?whichplace=manor1. KoLmafia makes that visit right after visiting the council. That visit succeeds and I see the map of the first floor. Yea!
3) The map has an image & link to place.php?whichplace=manor1&action=manor1lock_kitchen. Which is to say, the kitchen is locked.

KoLmafia did not actually try to read the telegram, simply failing with "you need 1 more telegram from Lady Spookyraven". Thinking about it, that's because it magically appeared in inventory and we didn't know it was there, so UseItemRequest skipped the server hit - which would, presumably, have succeeded.

I will either need to refresh inventory, or force it with a GenericRequest, rather than a UseItemRequest.

So close...

Magus_Prime

I can confirm that both weapons: Jacob's rung, and the Haunted paddle-ball, work against both sides in the war. They only do the additional reduction in enemy count if equipped in the main-hand slot.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
$coinmaster[Cosmic Ray's Bazaar].available_tokens does not seem to be updating for item_amount($item[rare Meat isotope])

maybe because $coinmaster[Cosmic Ray's Bazaar].token = ""

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Maybe. Which is intentional, since there are four kinds of "tokens" it deals in.
I'll take a look.