New Content - Implemented Summer 2019 Challenge Path - Kingdom of Exploathing

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Since you have access to town_right and town_left, why not your clan? Og, wait - I am thinking the guilds.
Something I noticed is that you have access to some container zones - like those, but not others - like the mountains.
You do get Mount McLargeHuge, but not the Huggler Memorial Colosseum, near as I can tell. I expect that will elicit whining.

I have ascending into it, but will not actually do much to evaluate it until later today. Like the afternoon.

King Dave

Running breakfast results in an infinite loop of attempting to use the VIP Mr Klaw machine that I could not stop by hitting Esc.

Edit: Oops can't read.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There sure are a lot of places you can't get to. Logging in, I get this, for example:

Retrieving campground data...
Unhandled redirect to place.php?whichplace=exploathing

A lot of coinmasters are not available:

Visiting Bounty Hunter Hunter...
Visiting Armory & Leggery...
Unhandled redirect to place.php?whichshop=0
Visiting Hermit...
Visiting The Shore, Inc. Gift Shop...
Visiting Vending Machine...
Visiting The Swagger Shop...

(There are others that may just not be unlocked yet, since I have not completed the quest:

Visiting The Trapper...

And others which I know will not be accessible:

You need 1 more reinforced beaded headband to continue.
You need 1 more bullet-proof corduroys to continue.
You need 1 more round purple sunglasses to continue.
Unable to wear outfit War Hippy Fatigues.

Visiting Dimemaster...
Requests complete.

You need 1 more beer helmet to continue.
You need 1 more distressed denim pants to continue.
You need 1 more bejeweled pledge pin to continue.
Unable to wear outfit Frat Warrior Fatigues.

Visiting Quartersmaster...
Requests complete.

Thise errors messages came from the "equip" method of the coinmasters.

I wonder why the "Visit" button on the coinmaster frame didn't check the "accessible" method?

A lot of Coinmasters need an "accessible" method which says "nope" if you are in this path.

Also also also, it looks like a some quests need to be marked as started. for example:

Code:
[color=green]> get warProgress[/color]

unstarted
But my charpane says:

Resolve the Hippy/Frat War. Remaining soldiers:
300hippy, 300 frat boys.

The quest log says:

Code:
<p><b>War, What Is It Good For?</b><br> Resolve the Hippy/Frat War.  Remaining soldiers: 300hippy,  300 frat boys.
I'll submit the initial "new path" support, and will take a look at Cosmic Ray's bizarre, which is a Coinmaster with 3 currencies (we support Coinmasters with multiple currencies, like Mr. Store) and an item you can buy for Meat (like the General Store or the Black Market).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've got a Coinmaster coded up. Haven't fully tested purchasing yet, but it handles multiple currencies.

coinmaster.png

To be done:

- List all the currencies in the window title
- Account for the fact that this is an NPC and therefore Five Finger Discount applies to the item priced in Meat.
- Actually try out buying things with the various currencies.

I'll submit what I have. Unfortunately (?) I'm going to be out of town until Monday evening, so will not be able to do further development until I get back.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19488 makes Coinmasters that trade items for meat correctly display the current discounted price and properly charge the current discounted price when you buy one.
Also added recognizing the Kingdom of Exploathing path from api.request. :)

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Revision 19489 acknowledges that a SOCK/rowboat are not needed in KoE (and is also my first entirely independent revision as a contributor!)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19489 acknowledges that a SOCK/rowboat are not needed in KoE (and is also my first entirely independent revision as a contributor!)
Cool! Now, about not needing the model rocketship to go to the Hole in the Sky? :)

(This path has a whole mess of locations that you simply can't go to and a lot of places you can go to immediately.)

gausie

Staff member
I know, I just did this one cause it would literally find the request to adventure invalid, so it can't be worked around with a script!

Magus_Prime

It seems that the Hidden Tavern isn't accessible in this path. I used a book of matches and, while the tavern appears on the map in the Hidden City, I get "Invalid place" when clicking on it in the relay browser.

Jeparo

Feature request: in ASH, `gnomads_available()` and `canadia_available()` should return false in KoE, since (I think?) their zones, the microbrewery, the cafe, etc. are unavailable in this path.

gausie

Staff member
Feature request: in ASH, `gnomads_available()` and `canadia_available()` should return false in KoE, since (I think?) their zones, the microbrewery, the cafe, etc. are unavailable in this path.

r19492

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I made the PIXEL creation method unavailable in Kingdom of Exploathing.
I made the "Vending Machine" inaccessible in that path.

Ideally, Cosmic Ray's Bazaar will be chosen instead, since I have 3 fat loot tokens and 47 white pixels.

However, on the "creatable" tab, the digital key, and Boris, Jarlseberg, and Sneaky Pete's keys are not listed.

Code:
[color=green]> acquire digital key[/color]

[color=red]You need 1 more digital key to continue.[/color]

[color=green]> acquire Boris's key[/color]

Verifying ingredients for Boris's key (1)...
[color=red]The vending machine exploded[/color]
In the first case, we know that you can "create" a digital key at the mystic - but that method is not available, and it doesn't bother looking for the coinmaster.
In the second case, it knows that you can creat it at one coinmaster, but when that one is not available, it doesn't look for the other one.

Looking in the "Purchases" tab, I see:

Boris's key (unlimited @ 1 fat loot token) Vending Machine.

If I can get it to register two Purchase Requests - one for each Coinmaster, perhaps "acquire" will work?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In the first case, we know that you can "create" a digital key at the mystic - but that method is not available, and it doesn't bother looking for the coinmaster.
In the second case, it knows that you can create it at one coinmaster, but when that one is not available, it doesn't look for the other one.

Looking in the "Purchases" tab, I see:

Boris's key (unlimited @ 1 fat loot token) Vending Machine.

If I can get it to register two Purchase Requests - one for each Coinmaster, perhaps "acquire" will work?
Both of these come down to a Concoction having exactly one "mixingMethod".

For the digital key, it is PIXEL - although there is a Coinmaster which can do it.
For the legend keys, it is COINMASTER - but there are two possibilities.

The first case is an example of the "concoctions can have multiple recipes" problem. I spent a half day experimenting with an idea I had for that, several months ago. I ran into some issues and abandoned it, intending to think more about it, eventually.

For the second case, we COULD register every potential CoinmasterPurchaseRequest. Both would show up on the Purchases frame, and you could attempt to use either. But automated creation would need to pick the one which was actually possible, given path.

Or we could do a TCRS thing and modify the 4 concotions to do something different, while in the path, and restore them when you leave.

Or, just modify the "Tower Door" built-in quest script to know that it should just use the appropriate "coinmaster buy SHOP ITEM" functionality for the four keys if the Kingdom is exploded, rather than "acquire" - just like any user can do manually by using the Coinmasters Frame.

For my usage, that last one is acceptable and less work: I used the GUI this time, only because I couldn't use the script.

Speaking of resetting things, I finally finished my first run (being out of town with no computer for 4 days slowed me down. :) and I am not surprised to see that I can't get to the Island (since I never built a dinghy) and that if I talk to the Mystic, he wants to talk, rather than offering to trade pixels (although his shop is available programmatically, just not in the browser). I have a beanstalk and can see the airship, castle, and HitS. I can automate the HitS - because I happened to get the rocketship while on the top floor. What if I had not done that? Would it still be visible above the beanstalk?

There are a lot of completed council quests in the guild log, so we should use all those appropriately, but I wonder if there are other cases like the island and the HitS.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And something I noticed from last run: apparently, it did not automatically read Lady Spookyraven's telegram when I ascended, so the Haunted Kitchen was locked until I read it manually.

Code:
		if ( Preferences.getBoolean( "autoQuest" ) )
		{
			RequestThread.postRequest( UseItemRequest.getInstance( ItemPool.get( ItemPool.SPOOKYRAVEN_TELEGRAM, 1 ) ) );
		}
Perhaps the telegram is not available immediately on ascension, unlike every other path? When does it become available?

I'll take a look when I ascend.

Magus_Prime

I noticed the "telegram problem" last run and paid attention today, after ascending. The telegram did not appear in my inventory after ascension. At turn zero I had no telegram.

I visited the council, got the King Ralph letter, opened the letter, and opened the pork elf goodies sack. I then used the Bastille Battalion, became level four, and I had a telegram in inventory.

There was nothing in the session logs about acquiring the telegram.

Last edited:

Crowther

I discovered today that visiting the council was required before KoL would let me examine my Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is required before other things happen.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Here are the monsters, together with their Manuel-reported data:

Code:
New monster #2136 found in Manuel with name 'skeleton astronaut' image 'astroskeleton.gif' attributes ='Atk: 100 Def: 100 HP: 100 Init: 100 P: undead'
New monster #2137 found in Manuel with name 'invader bullet' image 'invaderbullet.gif' attributes ='Scale: ? Cap: ? Floor: ? Init: 10000 P: construct'
New monster #2138 found in Manuel with name 'the invader' image 'invader.gif' attributes ='Atk: 1000 Def: 1000 HP: 1000 Init: -10000 P: construct'

skeleton astronaut drops skeleton bone and loose teeth. invader bullet drops 4 white pixels: I got them at ?%, 20%, 10% and 5% and Lyft (on the wiki, via Aenimus) got them at 40%, 20%, 15%, 5%. Can't say what the true values are: I plan on sabering them in-run anyway.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah. I turned on DEBUG logging before I ascended.

KoLmafia's postAscension method does this:

Code:
		// User-defined actions:
		KoLmafiaCLI.DEFAULT_SHELL.executeLine( Preferences.getString( "postAscensionScript" ) );

ValhallaManager.pullFreeItems();

if ( Preferences.getBoolean( "autoQuest" ) )
		{
			RequestThread.postRequest( UseItemRequest.getInstance( ItemPool.get( ItemPool.SPOOKYRAVEN_TELEGRAM, 1 ) ) );
		}

// Standard paths can change what is available, so check clan
		ClanLoungeRequest.visitLounge();
		ClanLoungeRequest.visitLoungeFloor2();

// Check hotdog stand, speakeasy, and floundry, if present
		if ( ClanManager.getClanLounge().contains( ClanManager.HOT_DOG_STAND ) )
		{
			ClanLoungeRequest.visitLounge( ClanLoungeRequest.HOT_DOG_STAND );
		}
		if ( ClanManager.getClanLounge().contains( ClanManager.SPEAKEASY ) )
		{
			ClanLoungeRequest.visitLounge( ClanLoungeRequest.SPEAKEASY );
		}
		if ( ClanManager.getClanLounge().contains( ClanManager.FLOUNDRY ) )
		{
			ClanLoungeRequest.visitLounge( ClanLoungeRequest.FLOUNDRY );
		}

//force rebuild of daily deeds panel
		PreferenceListenerRegistry.firePreferenceChanged( "dailyDeedsOptions" );
Notice that it calls the user's postAscension script before doing various other visits and before looking at the telegram.
We intentionally do not visit the council, to allow the user to do that at the time of their choice, so they can enjoy seeing what it says.
A postAscension script COULD start out with a council visit, if that turns out to be necessary to unlock things - and I will probably make my script do exactly that.

My post-ascension script calls Ezandora's briefcase script. Here is what I see in the gCLI:

Code:
You are currently a member of Hardcore Oxygenation
Session data refreshed.
Lighting first light...
Clicking left actuator...
Clicking right actuator...
Unlocking crank...
Setting dials to 000-000...
Toggling handle...
[color=red]Unable to charge flywheel, crank not unlocked.[/color]
Briefcase v2.1.8 status:
     Clicks used: 0 (11? remaining)
     Dials: 000-000
     Horizontal lights: ??????
     Tab configuration: 000000
     Mastermind lights: ???
     Handle: UP
     Last action results: You should really talk to the Council before you do anything else.
Unlocking crank...
Toggling handle...
Unlocking martini hose...
Opening left drawer...
Setting dials to 222-000...
[color=red]Unable to interact with the briefcase?[/color]
Pulling items from storage...
Pulling items from storage...
[color=red]You need 1 more telegram from Lady Spookyraven to continue.[/color]
Visiting Hot Dog Stand in clan VIP lounge
Visiting Speakeasy in clan VIP lounge
Visiting Floundry in clan VIP lounge
Looking at inventory immediately after ascending:

Equipment:

mariachi hat
vampyric cloak
astral shirt
stolen accordion
Kramco sausage-o-matic (grindable)
latte lover's member's mug (usable)
old sweatpants
Beach Comb (comb link works)
hewn moon-rune spoon
Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase (examine says "You should really talk to the Council before you do anything else.")
Lil' Doctor bag

Miscellaneous Items:

Bastille Battalion control rig (usable)
Clan VIP Lounge key
cursed microwave (usable)
cursed pony keg (usable)
genie bottle (rubbable)
garbage tote (rummageable)
mumming trunk (usable)
pantogram (usable)
boombox (usable)

astral hot dog dinner (usable)
20 rare meat isotopes

I visited the Council.

Code:
The members of the Council of Loathing are floating aimlessly around the interior of the Council building. As one drifts near you, you yell "Hey, what happened?"

"The Kingdom blew up! It was that stupid..." He floats away before finishing the sentence, so you're forced to wait for the next one to float near you to conclude "space invader thing!"

"What should we do about it?" you yell to the third guy to float past.

He gestures toward a list labeled "ADVENTURER CHORES" and shrugs. Another one floats by and flips you a letter.

letter from King Ralph XI	You acquire an item: letter from King Ralph XI
You look at the list of chores:

Even after all this, they want a mosquito larva from the Spooky Forest for some reason.

The explosion apparently didn't solve the rat problem at the Typical Tavern.

The Bat Hole somehow survived all this nonsense, and still has the Boss Bat in it.

Cobb's Knob is floating around menacingly and you should probably kill the king before they try something funny.

Even though the Deep Fat Friars are now floating in an endless void, they're still asking the government of that endless void for help.

The Cyrpt is evil, and what's even worse is that now it's SPACE EVIL. You grab an Evilometer from a box next to the list.

Evilometer	You acquire an item: Evilometer
The trapper, unperturbed by the fact that his mountain is no longer connected to the world, needs some help.

The Highland Lord has sent us another one of his "emergency" requests.

There's a tremendous amount of space junk floating around. The astronomers thought it was really close but it turns out it's just really large. Probably the giants. Deal with 'em, would ya?

Near the bottom of the chore list is a note about a package that arrived for you. No, wait, it's not for you, it's for Bramlet Abercrombie. My mistake.

There's only like sixty square feet of the Mysterious Island left, and the hippies and frat boys have gone to war for control of it. That needs to be resolved.
A bunch of stuff appeared in my charpane for outstanding quests.
"prefref quest" shows that every single "quest##XXXXX" quest is "unstarted".

The quest for the war still says "Remaining soldiers: 333hippy, 333 frat boys." Notice the lack of a space between "333hippy" as opposed to "333 frat boys". I expect they'll fix that blemish, by and by.

Back in inventory under Miscellaneous quest items, I now have:

Evilometer (usable)
letter from King Ralph XI (usable)

When I use the latter, I get:

pork elf goodies sack
disassembled clover
note from Clancy

I went back to the Council.

"You look at the list of chores".

I used the Bastille Battalion and popped to level 4.

I went back to the Council.

"You look at the list of chores".

Still no telegram from Lady Spookyraven anywhere.

I went to Spookyraven Manor and attempted to enter the Haunted Kitchen.

"You approach the open door to the kitchen, but before you can enter, there is an ear-splitting screech and the door slams shut in front of you.
Hmm. Apparently somebody doesn't want you going in there."

There is now a telegram from Lady Spookyraven in inventory.

Conclusion:

- Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase is a special case "you must talk to the Council first"
- I didn't get the telegram until I tried to go in to the Hanunted Kitchen - and there is, literally, nothing to send you in that direction when you start out.

Wiki says:

"Upon reaching level 5 as a new player, you will receive the following KMail"
and
"If you have ascended at least once, the KMail (and the telegram) are triggered when you enter Spookyraven Manor."

And yet, we used to be able to use the telegram immediately upon ascension.

Perhaps KoLmafia's onAscension method just needs to visit the manor before trying to use the telegram.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Heh. "using" the KGB goes to "place.php?whichplace=kgb". You need to visit the Council before you "visit" a "place"...