Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Summer 2019 Challenge Path - Kingdom of Exploathing

Reading additional skill books now increments the skillLevel counter. Thank you.

I have all the monsters in Manuel.

Code:
    New monster #2137 found in Manuel with name 'invader bullet' image 'invaderbullet.gif' attributes ='Scale: ? Cap: ? Floor: ? Init: 10000 P: construct'
    New monster #2136 found in Manuel with name 'skeleton astronaut' image 'astroskeleton.gif' attributes ='Atk: 100 Def: 100 HP: 100 Init: 100 P: undead'
    New monster #2138 found in Manuel with name 'the invader' image 'invader.gif' attributes ='Atk: 1000 Def: 1000 HP: 1000 Init: -10000 P: construct'
    The thing is, I am confused by the invader bullet. I was unable to determine what scale factor it has, if it really scales. It's an oddball, in any case, since its Attack is meaningless: it doesn't attack at all for 2 rounds and then it insta-kills you.

We can set up automation for the vast majority of choices, which are invoked like this:
    choice.php?whichchoice=XXX&option=YYY
    Unfortunately, there are a handful of choices which aloow or require an additional parameter. This is one of them.
    choice.php?whichchoice=1391&option=1&tossid=XXXXX
    Perhaps we could set up a new mechanism, like a "choiceParameters1391" property which could have "tossid=XXXXX" as its arg, but don't count on it...
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Thinking about this a bit more, could we allow some property choiceAdventureXXX=URL, so if the property is set to something that is not an int, Mafia would just follow that URL.
    So setting
    Code:
    choiceAdventure1391 = choice.php?whichchoice=1391&option=1&tossid=10320
    would allow users to set automated choices to anything when certain choice adventures come up. This could be generic enough to allow handling of many of these KoL choices with multiple parameters.

I am confused by the invader bullet. I was unable to determine what scale factor it has, if it really scales. It's an oddball, in any case, since its Attack is meaningless: it doesn't attack at all for 2 rounds and then it insta-kills you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I worked it out successfully this time:

Manuel in the quest log says:

Attack: ?
    Defense: ?
    HP: 300

Manuel in combat says:

Attack: 256
    Defense: 191
    HP: 143

Me:

Mus: 76 (66)
    Mox: 141 (88)
    ML: +95

Using scaling rules:

Attack = 256 - 141 (moxie) - 95 (ML) = 20
    Defense = 191 - 76 (muscle) - 95 (ML) = 20
    HP = 191 (defense) * 0.75 = 143

So Invader Bullet is Scale: 20. I don't know the cap or floor; neither applies to my current state.
    Does the fact that Manuel say that HP is 300 imply that the cap (based on defense) is 400?

Maybe not; other scaling monsters have "?" for HP.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Revision 19532 adds the three monsters. invader bullet has unknown Cap and Floor

Other than Cap and Floor for Invader Bullet, I think all that remains is tracking daily uses of Implode Universe in _universeImploded, daily use limited by skillLevel188

Revision 19537 allows automation of the Exploaded Battlefield non-combat, as requested earlier in this thread and moved to a Feature Request.

Add ability to specify extra fields when automating choices:
    set choiceAdventure1391=1&tossid=10320
    ash run_choice ( 1, "tossid=10320" );

Revision 19538 tracks Implode Universe in _universeImploded.

I've been through 12 Kingdom of Exploathing runs. I can't think of anything that _I_ am missing. This looks done to me.

Is the Invader fight (and win) tracked? It would be nice to track that with a Mafia property.
    This would save a server hit to check.
    Last edited by ckb; 09-16-2019 at 04:47 PM.