Good point. Not home right now, but I’ll see what I can do when I get home. I won’t be able to test it, though...
Probably the best way to do it is as a RelayRequest “warning” when you click on King Ralph.
Last edited by Veracity; 09-23-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Revision 19565 will pop up a warning if you attempt to break the prism with rare Meat isotopes in inventory. Untested.
questL11Palindome never changes from "unstarted" until you equip the Talisman and adventure in the Palindome once yourself.
Also not sure if this is a KoE related change but we appear to have both questL12HippyFrat and questL12War now. The former tracks the war (in KoE at least, haven't tried any other paths), the latter is set after the war is over and you visit the quest log or do refresh quests. Is this intentional?
Yes deliberate. Not sure whether you are reporting a problem or just asking a question but now you know what I do :-)Add questL12HippyFrat to track progress of Hippy/Frat conflict in Kingdom Of Exploathing.
Unfortunately, when you finish it, the quest log says you finished the regular war.
Therefore, having progressed the regular island war is no longer an indicator that the island is available.
Visit the council and whichplace=manor1 before calling user's PostAscension script
In regular KoL, you can't even see the Palindome until you equip the Talisman and visit the plains.
In Kingdom of Exploathing, you can see it ... some time. When can you see it? Do you have to have created the Talisman?
In neither version can you actually adventure there until you equip the Talisman.
These are the situations in which we set the quest to "started".
- Seeing palinlink.gif on plains.php
- Having the Talisman and trying to adventure (via automation) in the Palindome in Kingdom of Exploathing
- Trying to adventure in the Palindome (in Relay Browser) and getting redirected - fight or choice
- Trying to adventure in the Palindome (presumably via script) and getting "That place isn't accessible to you right now". Not wearing Talisman, we assume.
I see this comment:
I suppose we could look for ... whatever the exploaded Palindome image is ... when we look at the place.php?whichplace-exploathing and assume that if we can see it, the quest has been started. Is that realistic?Code:// In Kingdom of Exploathing, the Palindome is in place.php?whichplace=exploathing, // not in plains.php. It is visible whether or not the Talisman is equipped
- Is it visible from the start, in which case, it's not really started?
- Does it become visible when you make the Talisman and then look at the place.php?
- If you make the Talisman and then try to adventure there via script before looking at the Exploded Kingdom, does it work? Or do you need to "unlock" it, as we do for regular KoL by visiting plains.php?
What did you try that did NOT work, prompting you to write this bug report?
The fix depends on a couple things:
- Is the Palindome visible before you make the Talisman - whether or not you equip it? (What is the image name?)
--> If so, simply seeing the Palindome is not good enough.
- If you make the Talisman, it is visible. Can you automate an adventure there before looking at place.php?
--> If not, we can automate a visit to place.php, just as we do for normal KoL.
--> If yes, we can mark the quest as "started" when you make the Talisman in KoE.
It is intentional. That's just how the quest works in KoE.Also not sure if this is a KoE related change but we appear to have both questL12HippyFrat and questL12War now. The former tracks the war (in KoE at least, haven't tried any other paths), the latter is set after the war is over and you visit the quest log or do refresh quests. Is this intentional?
In regular KoL, the quest log shows you "Make War, Not... Oh, Wait".
In KoE, the quest log shows you "War, What Is It Good For?" - until you finish the war, at which point the questlog shows "Make War, Not... Oh, Wait" in the Completed Quests.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.
According to the WIki:
While in a Kingdom of Exploathing run, the Palindome is visible at all times. However, attempting to adventure there without a Talisman o' Namsilat equipped results in the following message:
You find yourself unable to get near the Palindome.
Revision 19599 will mark questL11Palindome as "started" as soon as you make the Talisman in KoE.