Bug Bander runaways not tracking properly (possibly snokebomb and others as well)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How about "Rune Spoon breaks combat text everywhere".
Or, following Dijkstra, "Rune Spoon considered harmful". :)

Yeah, this is nothing really new, I even have a mood called 'unwantedtexteffect' that removes can has cyborger, dis abled, haiku state of mind and yes, can haz for me, but for the rune-spoon just not equipping it seems to be the answer.

Saklad5

I can’t think of a good solution to such effects beyond asking Asymmetric to help us out and include the original words in the HTML somehow (hoverbox text?) when replacing arbitrary words. They already do that for chat effects, more or less.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I can’t think of a good solution to such effects beyond asking Asymmetric to help us out and include the original words in the HTML somehow (hoverbox text?) when replacing arbitrary words. They already do that for chat effects, more or less.

Or ask for the ability to turn the Spoon text effects off.

There isn't, but the other text changing things are from effects (or locations), not items, so you can sgeea them away. (In the case of the katana, you can just not use the 17 cuts skill.)

Saklad5

Is there an off button for Haiku Katana or other IOTM's as precedent?

As far as I know there’s only an off button for things with mechanical impact like lovebugs. Mouseover text already exists for chat effects, though, and a KoLmafia relay script could undo the word replacements if the originals were exposed in the same way. Heck, the existing KoLmafia Java functions could even fix the text automatically before parsing.