Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hewn moon-rune spoon

Having the hewn moon-rune spoon equipped disrupts mafia's ability to identify when you are using wink at (from reanimated reanimator)
    Code:
    Round 2: taltamir casts WINK AT!
    Round 3: You appoint a finger at Stonjamin, then cat shore opponent. Stonjamin nods and pins calculating yow much glow-juice he'll need to reanimate him.
    As you can see, the hewn rune spoon randomly replaces words in the text which throws it off.

====
    Also hewn moon... seems to mess with mafia's ability to track the use of chest x-ray from lil doctor bag
    Last edited by taltamir; 08-09-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Developer

Yeah, use it at your own peril, as with all text manglers.

Yeah, use it at your own peril, as with all text manglers.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Fair enough. I guess there are no easy solutions for mangled text.

Hmmm, I just had an idea. is it possible to, when wearing the moon spoon specifically, capture the player making the attempt to wink at instead of whether the result was success or failure (since some monsters are uncopyable the attempt doesn't always succeed) and assuming that if you attempted it with the moon spoon equipped that you succeeded?
    Since the mafia log seems to note that I have used the skill wink at so mafia is aware of what skills you try to use even with the rune spoon equipped. Its the results of the attempt that are garbled by the rune spoon.

For x-ray, failure to instant kill the enemy still consumes the x-ray usage does it not? dealing small HP damage instead of instant death? ill have to test it after dayroll
    Last edited by taltamir; 08-09-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Fair enough. I guess there are no easy solutions for mangled text.

Hmmm, I just had an idea. is it possible to, when wearing the moon spoon specifically, capture the player making the attempt to wink at instead of whether the result was success or failure (since some monsters are uncopyable the attempt doesn't always succeed) and assuming that if you attempted it with the moon spoon equipped that you succeeded?
    Since the mafia log seems to note that I have used the skill wink at so mafia is aware of what skills you try to use even with the rune spoon equipped. Its the results of the attempt that are garbled by the rune spoon.

For x-ray, failure to instant kill the enemy still consumes the x-ray usage does it not? dealing small HP damage instead of instant death? ill have to test it after dayroll
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    Yes, we could probably make that type of change for each of the 200 things we track. Is it worth doing? Seems unlikely.

Developer

We could add a textMangled Boolean that we set when any text mangler is present, and then do it. Big pain first time, but most of the affected stuff is in fight request. Not all of it, though, so the rest would be a bigger pain!

We could add a textMangled Boolean that we set when any text mangler is present, and then do it. Big pain first time, but most of the affected stuff is in fight request. Not all of it, though, so the rest would be a bigger pain!
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Oh, great idea! such a bool will thus apply to all future manglers as well (since I am sure more are coming).

Also, having such a bool doesn't mean you have to go and change all things that could be affected by it immediately.
    Start out by just using it for new things going forwards. As for old things, they can be done on a case by case basis if someone has the time and patience to work on them, or not at all, no rush to redo everything just because that bool exists.