Boy Howdy, there would be a lot to get this to work correctly.
We should be able to recognize items correctly as they come in now, but:
- item enchantments are not what they seem
- consumables have different sizes and quality
- potions give different effects.
As a result
- the maximizer is useless
- the green sidebar isn't close to giving accurate data for ML, item drop, etc.
- the food and booze section of the Item Manager are useless and/or dangerous
- things like magical sausages and milk of magnesium are not what they seem.
As an AT under the Vole sign:
- anodized cold-filtered spinning milk of magnesium grants 63 turns of Educated (Kinda) for Spooky Resistance +5
- frozen quadruple-deionized super-spiky hair gel grants 33 turns of Got Milk
I wonder if the same set of adjectives always results in the same potion transformation? Ie. a "frozen quadruple-deionized" potion always gives "Got Milk"?
I wonder if you can derive potency & size from consumable qualifiers
I wonder if you can derive equipment modifiers from their enchantments.
For monsters in OCRS, we have a "random_modifiers" field which is set for each monster when we see it. MonsterData:
We store that for a specific instance of a monster that we encounter.
// The following apply to a specific (cloned) instance of a monster
private String randomModifiers;
I suppose we could do something similar for items in AdventureResult or a map in ItemDatabase or something.
Or would it just be easier to munge the Modifiers (and size/quality & expected adv/mus/mys/mox range) for items we know about - either because we have the configuration data stored somehow or we can derive it from item number (or something) or because we've acquired (or looked the descriptions of) the items.
If we munged modifers/size/quality/(expected consumption ranges), Maximizer and green side pane and Item Manager might "just work".
The "use milk" button would need coding to figure out which potiion actually gives you Got Milk.
Just musing, after two days of playing in this path, since I'm missing KoLmafia features I am used to having available.