Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Crazy Random Summer

Default Two Crazy Random Summer

Since this thread apparently doesn't exist yet.

Reward is this ring, though it seems to be affected by a path modifier that keep changing according to Ezandora, maybe based on current class/sign/something.
    --------------------
    10252 ring 170559868 dcring.gif accessory 0
    ring 0 none
    Item ring Single Equip
    --------------------

The path also changes all equipments, foods, boozes, spleen items and potions, this seems to be seeded by class and moonsign.

Data collection is already in progress: http://plasticlobster.com/summer/

For mafia to properly support this path, it probably needs to keep that info in a datafile somewhere, though I'm not sure what would be the best way to handle that. (And ideally, mafia also learns to recognize the modifications on items not present in these datafiles for future-proofing).

Equipment modifiers and food, beverage and booze quality and size seem directly related to the modifiers, but effects and effect durations seems to be unrelated. The effects themselves seem to be coming from the same list used by the hookah and other random effect sources.

Modifier spading seems to me mostly done: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._aY/edit#gid=0
    Last edited by the dictator; 05-17-2019 at 12:41 AM.

It would be helpful for scripting to initially add my_path() support so my scripts can know they are in Two Crazy mode.

It would be staggeringly helpful if the "you obtained an item" parser stripped off 2CRS prefixes and suffixes, mostly so quest items are tracked properly. This... might be ambiguous in some cases (e.g. "blue blue potion"), but even being correct most of the time would be a big improvement.

Example of a consequence of this:

> acquire 2 turtle totem

Placing items into closet...
    Using 1 chewing gum on a string...
    Unrecognized item found: cyan turtle totem
    You acquire an item: cyan turtle totem
    Finished using 1 chewing gum on a string.
    Purchasing chewing gum on a string (1 @ 47)...
    You spent 47 Meat
    Unrecognized item found: huge chewing gum on a string
    You acquire an item: huge chewing gum on a string
    Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
    You need 1 more chewing gum on a string to continue.
    Removing items from closet...
    Unrecognized item found: cyan turtle totem
    You acquire an item: cyan turtle totem
    Unable to acquire 1 sewer items.

Developer

For mafia to properly support this path, it probably needs to keep that info in a datafile somewhere, though I'm not sure what would be the best way to handle that. (And ideally, mafia also learns to recognize the modifications on items not present in these datafiles for future-proofing).

Equipment modifiers and food, beverage and booze quality and size seem directly related to the modifiers, but effects and effect durations seems to be unrelated. The effects themselves seem to be coming from the same list used by the hookah and other random effect sources.
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    I'm hoping that in reasonable time the seeds are worked out, like they were for Noob. Otherwise it'll be a huge amount of spading and work, such that we will be faced with either not supporting it, or supporting it by doing a hit on itemdesc for all items during the path each session or something crazy like that.

I'm going to try to raise enough enthusiasm for making it not break too badly, but the level of coding needed to make everything work well is pretty daunting unless we can find a simple relationship.

That would be ideal, but might not be feasible without implementing php's randomizer function or something, but would definitely be the easiest to handle and the most future proof.

Alternately, mafia learns which names map to which modifications, then it only has to look at the inventory page (though I don't think that works for potion effects, so you would still need to look at all those descriptions).

That said, keeping something like 2CRS-Seal-Marmot-modifiers.txt in mafias internal data with the alternate modifiers in that seed would require only 54 files and reduce the need for those server hits to just once to fill out the data files.

Developer

Alternately, mafia learns which names map to which modifications, then it only has to look at the inventory page (though I don't think that works for potion effects, so you would still need to look at all those descriptions).
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    Mafia needs to know the modifications of everything you can make or buy, as well as everything you have.

I shudder at the prospect of managing 54 new data files within the mafia code base. At the very least I'd prefer one file that had to be read and processed to extract the relevant information :-) I wonder if this is the time to expand the price sharing idea? Users discover new information, it is added to a file, the file is uploaded (and processed) at Kolmafia.us and downloaded at the next session. This, of course, assumes the discovery process can be reliably automated.

Mafia needs to know the modifications of everything you can make or buy, as well as everything you have.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Ugh, good point.

Developer

I shudder at the prospect of managing 54 new data files within the mafia code base. At the very least I'd prefer one file that had to be read and processed to extract the relevant information :-) I wonder if this is the time to expand the price sharing idea? Users discover new information, it is added to a file, the file is uploaded (and processed) at Kolmafia.us and downloaded at the next session. This, of course, assumes the discovery process can be reliably automated.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I suspect it has been automated, and is looking up each item using itemdesc.php. So 'all' that is needed is 54 characters that start the path and then run a few thousand server hits to grab the data then process it. I suspect that is what the files that the dictator links above is.

Mostly yes, I think for now, plasticlobsters script only considers standard legal items, but that's easy to expand upon.