Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deep Dark Visions should not have a daily limit

Are there any other skills that use the “dailylimit” field for limits that aren’t really limits? It would probably be better to hardcode the behavior in when casting (like a warning saying you won’t survive it, which is trivial to determine), rather than being inaccurate.

Jesus. How long have you gone without ascending‽
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    It takes about a month to hit level 256.

Are there any other skills that use the “dailylimit” field for limits that aren’t really limits? It would probably be better to hardcode the behavior in when casting (like a warning saying you won’t survive it, which is trivial to determine), rather than being inaccurate.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    Zombie Master skills are limited based on current meat. AoJ companion skills are limited to 1 if you can cast them, 0 otherwise. Turtle Tamer blessings are limited to 1 when they make sense to cast. There are a few other cases also.

So really, dailylimit should be renamed to limit. Except that would break backward compatibility. And splitting up code to make limit versus dailylimit separate things seems ridiculous; I'd rather break existing scripts by renaming the field to be accurately named than work on that.

It takes about a month to hit level 256.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    That sounds a little high, unless you reject Weirdeaux.

Of course, on top of that, there's shypgmomayomanometer, the insane buff from dinsey's toxic dumps, and probably many other stat-superlative-ing ways that I forgot about.

Turtle Tamer blessings are limited to 1 when they make sense to cast.
    That only makes sense for turtle tamers, who get an intristic. Everyone else gets 10 turns of buff per cast. And I just checked that both blesing I have are actually multicastable in vanilla (and mutually exclusive).

Developer

xKiv is right; it takes about a week (~4k combat wins, give or take; you can get a 90%+ win rate) of Weirdeaux to get to 256. That multi, incidentally, is "only" around level 120. There's not much benefit of going beyond 100, other than more efficient MP restores and a larger MP pool for libram summons.