New Content New Year 2019 changes

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Nit - when you get the dictionary from the Library, in the relay browser it has a chasm link. That is IMO no longer helpful or useful. I could argue that it can be eliminated or replaced with a valley link, provided the checking to see whether the valley is available is not to fiddly.

AlbinoRhino

It appears Sweet Synthesis is also marked "That skill is too old for this path." while not appearing in standard.php. (So much for getting a huge bowl of candy for halloween.) Never received any kind of response when I reported "Fifteen Minutes of Flame".

Apparently, standard.php just can't be relied on as being accurate.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It appears Sweet Synthesis is also marked "That skill is too old for this path." while not appearing in standard.php. (So much for getting a huge bowl of candy for halloween.) Never received any kind of response when I reported "Fifteen Minutes of Flame".

Apparently, standard.php just can't be relied on as being accurate.
The main issue is that you keep blaming standard.php when that has nothing to do with it. Mafia actually checks standard.php?date=(year-2)-01-02 (because I noted years ago that standard.php isn't very reliable for December stuff), which does correctly show those skills. The problem is that the skills are on charpane.php.

I already wrote removeAvailableSkill years ago, when the Unpermery was around. That could probably be used to "forget" these skills, though that requires checking the exact timing of things being handled at login.

To preempt skills being listed one at a time over the next few months, typeii.php gives the list:
Ceci N'Est Pas Un Chapeau, Fifteen Minutes of Flame, Gingerbread Mob Hit, Licorice Rope, Stack Lumps, Sweet Synthesis

I did see your bug report, and brought it up in /dev. I guess I could have responded with "this will probably never be fixed".

AlbinoRhino

I wasn't claiming to know what mafia was doing. The main issue to me is that standard.php is what is provided to a player to check these things. I use it for that. It's not correct (and there apparently is no interest in making it correct.) And apparently, the issues with standard.php and mafia's issues do overlap...since the maximizer seems to believe the same skills, which standard.php fails to list, are usable. (Which is what I was reporting here.)

Thanks for the response, because I did believe the report was still sitting in a queue somewhere waiting for attention.

AlbinoRhino

I never even saw typeii.php before. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is it just showing the dates that have been placed on things?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
typeii.php exists for Type 2, the path where things more than a year old expire on a monthly rotating basis. It has player-viewable expiration dates, so it's useful even for people not playing the path, and it can even be used to see if things are properly listed to expire from Standard before their time comes.

AlbinoRhino

Ah...yeah..I haven't played a lot of paths. It seems odd that they can maintain an accurate list on that page but not on the other.

AlbinoRhino

Since the "?date=(year-2)-01-02" parameter works, why don't they just use that? (And also, how did you figure out that standard.php will take a date parameter?)