Thread: CLI displays corrupted HTML

Default CLI displays corrupted HTML

From time to time when I execute something in the CLI that produces HTML output, it shows up as corrupted. Here's an example. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix it? It seems to be intermittent.

Developer

That is trying to display more than there is room for. Either make the window wider or use a more specific modtrace, such as modtrzce muscle experience, so fewer columns are generated.

Yes. Java's built-in HTML renderer doesn't seem to want to wrap things within table cells. Last time I looked at that issue, I couldn't see a way to make it Do the Right Thing.

Ah, a bug in the renderer makes sense. It doesn't just happen with modtrace, I've seen it with almost anything that displays HTML. Are there any plans to add a horizontal scroll bar to the CLI? That would help some. In the mean time I guess I'll just deal with it.

Is it maybe possible that this work-around https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2...refref-command could also be applied to the modtrace tables?