Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mercenary Mood -- choiceadv adjustment as you go, modifier maintenance, etc.

Feature Request (or an opportunity to tell me why this is not the good idea it seems).

Have MM verify that a specific outfit (default seems like a good name) is being worn before doing anything else.

Even if MM then decides to equip a specific other outfit or run the Maximizer, the unspecified slots will be filled with what I thought I wanted. This also protects me in the relay browser when I forget, for example, that I no longer care about Clownosity and thus should change into something else.

This works for me because MM is already doing most of the outfit changes for me and I would gladly help debug MM if there are cases where it could choose an outfit but doesn't (and thus the FR overrides changes I want).

I can also see that in practice this might be a lot of server hits even though it would not be worse than doing it manually.

Something, which I think is MM, wants to change outfits, which is good, but doesn't know Plumbers must wear boots to adventure, which is bad. So MM probably needs to know more about Plumber runs than it does. I specifically saw this in two of the Crypt locations, I think the Alcove and the Cranny.

Also, does SimpleSmack know about Plumber skills/attacks?

MM does almost nothing with outfits. Outfits are usually set prior to adventuring (by your calling script, be it some large omnibus script or something else). Equipment changes as you auto-adventure (for example, equipping additional Surgeonosity items as you acquire them) are handled by BBB.

None of my scripts know anything about plumbing, yet. I'm finishing up some Standard runs first before whipping out my monkey wrench. If anyone would care to submit code (or update batfactors) in the meantime, I'd be happy to review and add it, otherwise I'll be adding full support (or as full as I can manage) when I get there in a few weeks.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

MM does almost nothing with outfits. Outfits are usually set prior to adventuring (by your calling script, be it some large omnibus script or something else). Equipment changes as you auto-adventure (for example, equipping additional Surgeonosity items as you acquire them) are handled by BBB.

None of my scripts know anything about plumbing, yet. I'm finishing up some Standard runs first before whipping out my monkey wrench. If anyone would care to submit code (or update batfactors) in the meantime, I'd be happy to review and add it, otherwise I'll be adding full support (or as full as I can manage) when I get there in a few weeks.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    :-)

At this point I only run BBS because MM works better with it but as a consequence I remain blissfully clueless about what script is actually doing things. Indeed a previous concern with outfits was traced to CanAdv.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

BBB handles equipping items to increase surgeonosity in The Hidden Hospital but I've never noticed changes in the cyrpt.

Not a whole lot in the session logs but none of this was me, before the Cranny :-)

maximize -combat, ml 50 max, equip gravy boat, effective

equip hat ratty knitted cap

equip weapon disco ball

equip pants psychic's pslacks

equip acc2 dorky glasses
    > Recommended Combat Rate: -∞ (now: -10)
    > Recommended Initiative: +0 (now: 70)
    > Recommended Item Drop: +0 (now: 90)
    > Recommended Monster Level: +50 (now: 20)
    Easy to blame MM because I thought that was what produced the Recommended lines.

MM does generate the Recommended lines, but doesn't switch equipment except in a few special cases which I'm of a mind to move to BBB to improve separation of responsibilities.

If you increase your verbosity to 8 you'd see which script to blame. Regardless, consider the issue reported!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!