Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Rollover Management

I wish there was some way Mafia could tell that things are out of Standard (maybe there is and I just don't know it). Then you could just not check those if in ronin/hc.
    Originally Posted by Terrabull View Post
    You need to use is_unrestricted(). A character in aftercore:

Code:
    > ash is_unrestricted( $item[ X-32-F snowman crate ] )

Returned: true
    A Plumber:

Code:
    > ash is_unrestricted( $item[ X-32-F snowman crate ] )

Returned: false
    Plumbers can't get overdrunk, but you tell them to.
    Also a Plumber:

Code:
    > ash can_drink()

You can't pray to the Barrel God, check for Defective Tokens, use your Chateau, or use the Chess Set.
    Those are all checkable via is_unrestricted(). You also need to check whether you have access to them, even in aftercore. There are ways to check all of that.

My Meat Farming script is aftercore-only, but works with almost all IOTMs. Therefore, it doesn't worry about is_unrestricted().
    This script can work in-run OR in aftercore, as I understand it, so it needs both kinds of check.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

You probably want to look at and use is_trendy()

Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    Does anybody do Trendy runs any more?

We currently have:

is_trendy() - works only in a Trendy run
    is_unrestricted() - works in any run which is under Standard restrictions.

Seems like there should only be the latter, with the meaning "can I use this thing right now in my current run - Trendy, Standard, neither, aftercore, ..."
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

One wrinkle with that is this:

Valid types for Trendy: "Items", "Campground", "Bookshelf", "Familiars", "Skills", "Clan Item".
    Valid types for Standard: "Items", "Bookshelf Books", "Skills", "Familiars", "Clan Items".

I mean, sure - "Bookshelf" <=> "Bookshelf Books" and "Clan Item" <=> "Clan Items", but Standard does not have "Campground".

Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    Since I speculated about a vocabulary issue, the issue was mine. is_unrestricted() is the way to go.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I'll have to show you on Monday, it was on my work computer. I just encountered another thing, in Plumber it's trying to use the Snojo and with 0 adventures it just spams "Ran out of adventures." until I manually kill it.
    I wish there was some way Mafia could tell that things are out of Standard (maybe there is and I just don't know it). Then you could just not check those if in ronin/hc. Most of the problems I hit are from depreciated items.
    There are a lot of things it tells you you can fix, but in Standard you can't do any of it. Plumbers can't get overdrunk, but you tell them to. You can't pray to the Barrel God, check for Defective Tokens, use your Chateau, or use the Chess Set.
    Originally Posted by Terrabull View Post
    1.16 - 3/6/20 Fixed bug with Deck of Every Card, and Snojo locking script in Standard runs

I will look into the rest. There's likely a simple fix for this I don't know about.
    Scripts I have written:
    Unlock Dread A Script to save you a bunch of clicks.
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.
    Zap Wand A Dungeon of Doom ZAP WAND getting script.

Does anybody do Trendy runs any more?

We currently have:

is_trendy() - works only in a Trendy run
    is_unrestricted() - works in any run which is under Standard restrictions.

Seems like there should only be the latter, with the meaning "can I use this thing right now in my current run - Trendy, Standard, neither, aftercore, ..."
    I know about the is_unrestricted(), but since I don't play KOL anymore, I'm only doing script support at this point. I fixed the issues of my script trying to run Barrel God, check for Defective Tokens, Chateau, & Chess Set. The script however tells you of things you can still do, such as get over drunk.

Perhaps mafia still thinks that inebriety_limit() for plumbers is higher than my_inebritey()? I use this code:
    Code:
    if(my_inebriety() < inebriety_limit()) { print_html("You have " + (inebriety_limit() - my_inebriety()) + " <font color=FF0000>Drunkeness</font> left"); }
    	else if(inebriety_limit() == my_inebriety()) {	print_html("You need to get <font color=FF0000>Overdrunk</font>"); }
    And apparently in Plumber, this still says you can get Overdrunk.
    Scripts I have written:
    Unlock Dread A Script to save you a bunch of clicks.
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.
    Zap Wand A Dungeon of Doom ZAP WAND getting script.

Yes. That is your bug.

Code:
    > ash inebriety_limit()

Returned: 0

> ash can_drink()

Yes. That is your bug.

Code:
    > ash inebriety_limit()

Returned: 0

> ash can_drink()

I'm pretty sure I understand. Thanks!

I somehow knew that the issue wasn't mafia.
    Last edited by Pazleysox; 03-06-2020 at 08:29 PM.

I get this now.

Cannot apply operator && to ( have_familiar() && have_familiar() ) (boolean) and get_property() (string) (Rollover Management.ash, line 73)