Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Standard Rollover Bonus

This has been a generally useful script. It found for me an item that I forgot I had and added it to my overnight outfit.

However, for some reason it insists on swapping my familiar gear to "itty bitty bathysphere" even though this doesn't have anything to do with rollover adventures
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    That's a mafia issue. Perhaps you don't have any equipment usable for your familiars for rollover? The script doesn't look at/for the "Little bitty bathysphere". The only way I can see it looking is when it maximizes your rollover turns, and then mafia picks an arbitrary item.

Rather than "maximize adv" by itself, might I suggest "maximize adv, -tie" instead? If you don't explicitly avoid the tiebreaker, mafia will randomly shuffle your gear for no benefit to rollover adventures due to improving your item drops, meat drops, and other such things that don't matter while you're asleep. While it doesn't directly hurt, it slows down script execution as well as wastes server hits making changes that you'll only roll back when you log in later.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post

Rather than "maximize adv" by itself, might I suggest "maximize adv, -tie" instead? If you don't explicitly avoid the tiebreaker, mafia will randomly shuffle your gear for no benefit to rollover adventures due to improving your item drops, meat drops, and other such things that don't matter while you're asleep. While it doesn't directly hurt, it slows down script execution as well as wastes server hits making changes that you'll only roll back when you log in later.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    Pulled from line 18:

Code:
    cli_execute("maximize adv -tie");
    It has been in there since Theraze suggested it. Next time you should make sure your advise is sound before repeating what has already been said, and fixed.

Did a major overhaul of this script today. It will work for Standard, and Non-Standard runs. Now it will list equipment in a much easier to view format. It will tell you if you have an item equipped, in your inventory, or in storage. It will tell you how many pulls are remaining, so you can make the best decision possible to maximize your turns.

standard rollover.png

Here's a sample image of what the script will look like.

I would recommend having it not display pullable items while in hardcore, just for ease of viewing what's actually available. Really neat to see the full list of what I've got, though!

Developer

You'll note that the accessory readout mentions that you have gear equipped for +3, +1, and +2 adv, and then lists a bunch of things for +1 and +2. Also, there are a bunch of cases where the script suggests that you could pull items you already have equipped (psychic's circlet, shoe ad t-shirt, etc)

That leads me to this usability suggestion: only show gear if it's an improvement.

I would recommend having it not display pullable items while in hardcore, just for ease of viewing what's actually available. Really neat to see the full list of what I've got, though!
    Originally Posted by Laserrobotics View Post
    I can do that.

You'll note that the accessory readout mentions that you have gear equipped for +3, +1, and +2 adv, and then lists a bunch of things for +1 and +2. Also, there are a bunch of cases where the script suggests that you could pull items you already have equipped (psychic's circlet, shoe ad t-shirt, etc)

That leads me to this usability suggestion: only show gear if it's an improvement.
    Originally Posted by heeheehee View Post
    I had noticed that myself. I will work on it. Thanks for the input.
    Scripts I have written:
    Unlock Dread A Script to save you a bunch of clicks.
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.
    Zap Wand A Dungeon of Doom ZAP WAND getting script.

Ok, I've updated the script again.

I'm not in HC, but I set it to not show items in storage if in hardcore. 2 of my clan members verified it works in HC.

Then, taking heeheehee's advice, I set the script to ignore items in storage if you already have one equipped. I will set it so that if you have one in your inventory, it won't tell you that you can pull one.

Also on heeheehee's advice, it SHOULD only tell you what you can pull if it's beneficial for you. With the exception of accessories (I need to work on this). It worked when I tested it at least.

There was an issue with having a coffin instead of a "Regular" dwelling.
    Scripts I have written:
    Standard Rollover Bonus A Script that shows best items to pull/equip for bonus turns.
    Standard PVP Bonus A Script that shows the best items to pull/equip for bonus PVP Fights.
    Rollover Management A Script that does all the daily deeds you might have forgotten, or might have missed.
    Chatbot A Chatbot script. Simple start for those who want/need one for their clan.

Developer

(There are accessories and weapons that give +adv which can be equipped multiple times, e.g. time sword or gold wedding ring.)

(There are accessories and weapons that give +adv which can be equipped multiple times, e.g. time sword or gold wedding ring.)
    Originally Posted by heeheehee View Post
    Is there a setting to look at for this? Like a multi_equip()?
    Scripts I have written: