Diving Basement script?

hurdarr

Hey all,

I did some searches on the subject but didn't find what I wanted.

Is there a script to do basement diving, or at least making it easier? KoL Mafia is good my itself but it's still excruciating boring.

How do you folks do it?

Thanks.

StormCrow42

You can autoadventure in the basement. Mafia will automatically switch to outfits called muscle, moxie, mysticality, mpdrain, gauntlet, and damage(for combat) as appropriate, aborting if you can't pass a level with your current buff status.

StormCrow42

Nothing better than the relay browser's basement helper. There are far too many variables to make such a script workable I think. You can put the major potion buffs in your mood as you find you're needing them, but I find that except for my mainstat buff, the other stat buffs often expire a couple of turns before I want them again, so I just renew them as needed and save a bit of meat. If that doesn't matter as much to you, you can get a good distance off of just adding additional potions to your mood as needed.

bumcheekcity

Question: How does mafia manage the elemental tests? What should I name my elemental resistance outfit to in order that mafia equips it?

jasonharper

Developer
The first custom outfit with a name containing "element" is used for elemental tests. Name it "element f=parrot" if you have an Exotic Parrot and want to use it automatically.

bumcheekcity

Will the game switch back to a sandworm cunningly for the fights and all that? And is there further documentation on the basement?

jasonharper

Developer
You'd need to have an outfit named "damage f=sandworm" to do that.

The complete list of outfit substrings is "damage", "element", "muscle", "mysticality", "moxie", "gauntlet", and "mpdrain". That's all the documentation there is, really.

Bale

Minion
We should use the wiki more. I've added a few things to that site, but sadly it isn't as well organized or complete as it should be.

It seems that you've got some ideas how on it should be reorganized? Perhaps you should create a topic to discuss the wiki on this forum over here. I'd certainly love to hear what you think should be done with the front page.

I hate to bring this up from the dead, but mafia says I can't hit anything here and won't auto adv. What do I need to do or do I just need to keep manually doing it? I'm on my first run and on lvl. 311. It's getting slower to move up and a little help would be nice lol.

Winterbay

I think you can't autoadventure unless you buff yourself up (or well, use a CCS instead I guess which handles the combats and will allow you to bypass Mafia's internal stop). Or you can use the autobasement-script should you so want to. It can be found here.