Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: My personal Meat farming script

I have considered allowing configured moods.

As a workaround for now, have you considered a KingLiberated script? I have one which pulls/closets/visits LTT and Detective Precinct to get cowboy boots/badge, etc. It does not set mood, CCS, or recovery options, although it could and should.

I'll have to think about maximizer. Might be useful for others, but personally I am willing to sacrifice some Meat Drop in order to equip certain items that passively drop stuff.

I had not considered a KingLiberated script. That would certainly address some of my concerns. I shall investigate.

By using your script I am explicitly and very willingly delegating decisions to the script. If we have the same items that produce passive drops I would accept your decision that the drops are more important than extra meat. Since teh script will swap outfit pieces conditionally (voted sticker and mutant limbs come immediately to mind) perhaps a similar mechanic that is unconditionally triggered would work and not be difficult to implement?

Thank you.

Dumb question - how do I configure the script to tell it I don't have a hobo monkey?

Set VMF.Familiar =

Set VMF.Familiar =
    Originally Posted by txrangersxx View Post
    Despite doing that, it's still getting stuck on not having a hobo monkey.

Code:
    > Set VMF.Familiar = Trick-or-Treating Tot

> call scripts\VeracityMeatFarm.ash

Validating configuration.
    VMF.FamiliarEquipment: 'ittah bittah hookah' may not be the best item for your Trick-or-Treating Tot; ignoring.
    All is well!
    dontStopForCounters => true
    Acquiring necessary adventuring gear
    Using the Time-Spinner
    autoSatisfyWithStash => false
    autoSatisfyWithStash => true

Visiting Snojo Control Console
    Submitting option 3 for choice 1118
    Flushing out wandering monsters
    You don't have a Hobo Monkey for a familiar.
    dontStopForCounters => false
    Net income = 0 Meat in 0 turns. Meat/Adventure = 0
    Cumulative income = 155,565,213 Meat in 36,730 turns. Meat/Adventure = 4,235

Yeah, you can set your "meat Familiar":

set VMF.MeatFamiliar=leprechaun

for example. But if you don't, it will use a Tot, a Hobo Monkey, or a Leprechaun - in that order, depending on what you have.

The problem is that there a number of places in the script where it specifically says to use your Hobo Monkey, rather than your Meat Familiar.

I'll fix that. Soon. Off to work right now.

Revision 177 will use your meat familiar, whatever that happens to be, rathan hardcoding HOBO_MONKEY in various places.
    In particular, Snojo, Witchess pieces, flushing out wanderers in a Shrine...

Revision 177 will use your meat familiar, whatever that happens to be, rathan hardcoding HOBO_MONKEY in various places.
    In particular, Snojo, Witchess pieces, flushing out wanderers in a Shrine...
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Thanks Veracity! I'll try it out once I finish this run in a day or two. I appreciate you taking the time to address this.

Since I haven't said it before, I really appreciate your meat farming script and I am so glad you continue to help out the community.

Developer

I have considered allowing configured moods.

As a workaround for now, have you considered a KingLiberated script? I have one which pulls/closets/visits LTT and Detective Precinct to get cowboy boots/badge, etc. It does not set mood, CCS, or recovery options, although it could and should.

I'll have to think about maximizer. Might be useful for others, but personally I am willing to sacrifice some Meat Drop in order to equip certain items that passively drop stuff.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Yeah. The calculation becomes even more complicated when you consider the value of drops (most notably from Screege's which do translate directly to meat).

Well, I'm glad to get you going, but thee are subtleties here.

For pure Meat Drop, Tot is better than Hobo Monkey is better than Leprechaun,'(Robortender is probably the best, I hear, but I've not tested it, although you can configure VMF to use it,)

Aside from having a higher Meat Drop rate, Hobo Monkey can "steal" meat from your opponent even in otherwise Meatless zones. That is why I was explicitly using my HOBO_MONKEY for Snojo, say.

I'll adjust the code further to stasis with Hobo Monkey if you have one, but requiring to to have one.