Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: My personal Meat farming script

Would you be willing to explore the addition of using the Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase buffs to VMF? If the meat buff is known then it's, potentially, an easy source of +meat.
    Originally Posted by Magus_Prime View Post
    I have the following IOTMs on my "to do" list:

// Clan fortune teller
    // Boxing Daycare
    // KGB Briefcase buffs

I expect I will get to them, by and by.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Finished KoE run. Ran a couple of scripts but did nothing that burned adventures. Tried to run VMF and it failed, looking for grapefruits. Upon investigation that was the expected behavior because the island was unavailable and thus the Hippy Store was unavailable.

Arguably a mafia bug since marking the Island unavailable could have been done by mafia when the King was freed, but reporting here because it could be an opportunity to make VMF even more robust. Thanks.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I don't think you can "mark the Island unavailable". Instead, KoLCharacter.mysteriousIslandAccessible() will "mark it available" based on the presence of certain items. Acquisition of those items, finishing certain quests, seeing the island on the main map, etc. will all similarly "set it available".

The setting is "lastIslandUnlock".

NPCStoreDatabase.canPurchase() will return false for "hippy" if !KoLCharacter.mysteriousIslandAccessible().

How did it "fail, looking for grapefruits"? I assume it was trying to retrieve_item() on a drink which could be created using grapefruits? What does your session log say?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

In the log VMF is started, does it consumption price checking

drinks 6 perfect cosmopolitan
    and then
    You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze (-3)
    outfit Filthy Hippy Disguise

buy 1 grapefruit for 66 each from Hippy Store (Fratboy)
    > Net income = -45,608 Meat in 0 turns. Meat/Adventure = -45,608
    > Cumulative income = 133,899,790 Meat in 65,617 turns. Meat/Adventure = 2,040
    This tells me less than I remembered since I am pretty sure something in the gCLI clued me into to the problem being with the Hippy Store.

I should note that I cannot recall seeing this, or something like it, again. It may have been because this was a HC KoE run.

Somehow KoLmafia thought you had completed the Orchard sidequest as a fratboy.
    Weird.

I don't recall seeing this behavior before but, today, the script did, or tried to do, many things at the end of the day that I normally see at the beginning: Snojo, Deep Machine Tunnels, Fighting copies of a FAXed monster, etc.. Unfortunately the number of turns available to do things like the Spacegate, Gingerbread City, etc.. weren't sufficient so it didn't go there.

I didn't see any errors in the session logs it just went right in to adventuring in Pirates of the Garbage Barge for all available turns. The script usually adventures in Barf Mountain.

I uploaded a copy of the session log to Pastebin if it helps.

Any ideas on how/why this might have happened?
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 10-03-2019 at 11:17 AM.

OK, that's really weird.

It goes there to get the li'l pirate costume.
    It got one and equipped it.
    It then busted a ghost.
    And then back to the Pirates of the Garbage Barges?

You seem to have a between battle script. I see this:

Code:
    cast 1 Spirit of Peppermint
    You acquire an intrinsic: Spirit of Peppermint
    > Recommended Combat Rate: +0 (now: -10)
    > Recommended Initiative: +0 (now: 75)
    > Recommended Item Drop: +0 (now: 130)
    > Recommended Monster Level: +635 (now: 76)
    What is that?

I'll look at VMF. There is a loop to get the li'l pirate costume, since a wanderer could show up and you'll not get it first turn. If it busts a ghost in that loop, was it perhaps looking for the costume to be in inventory, but it was equipped?

That was surely it. Revision 205 will stop the loop if the costume is in inventory OR is equipped on the tot.

It also closets sand dollars after combing the beach. My farming outfit now includes a lucky gold ring and rumor has it that it will only give you sand dollars if you have some in inventory. I don't want more sand dollars. I want charter currency.

(Untested in the context of running the whole script, since I'm currently using the Robortender as my Meat farming familiar.)

I did do this, however:

Code:
    ash import <VeracityMeatFarm.ash>; get_pirate_outfit()
    and it did go to get the outfit, at least. No busted ghosts, so didn't really reproduce your situation.

The between-battle-script is zarqons MercenaryMood. Thank you for the prompt response.

Unfortunately, for those of us who drop down to the default food check but don't have charters or such things that make adventuring great rather than just good, the mall has currently priced all of the 3-size items out of profitability. Due to how the check works, it then tries to eat a null (-1). I've worked around this by putting a quick check to make sure that our 3-size food has actually returned an item before we eat it.
    Code:
        if ( !calculate_optimal_consumables ) {
    	// *** Strategy: eat acceptable 3-full foods until you have less
    	// *** than 3 fullness available, then finish with acceptable
    	// *** 1-fullness foods.
    	int foods = full_remaining / 3;
    	if ( foods > 0 ) {
    	    item_set choices = $items[ super salad, beer basted brat, whole roasted chicken ];
    	    item food = find_profitable_consumable( choices, 3, mpa ).it;
    if (food.to_int() > 0) {
    	    eat_food( foods, food );
    	    current_full = my_fullness();
    	    full_remaining = max_full - current_full;
    }
    	}
    	foods = full_remaining / 1;
    Beginning line was 5557, ending line was 5569. Additional lines lack indentation to make them more visible.