Feature Breakfast: Use the warbear breakfast machine again if it gave a breakfast miracle.

Terion

Not sure if this would be considered a "bug", but it's definitely a feature request on my part, so let's go with that...

When you use the warbear breakfast machine, if it gives you a breakfast miracle, you can use it again for a breakfast mess.

This is mentioned on the wiki, but since I know how V trusts that as a source of information, I'll add my experience. I noticed a breakfast miracle in my Session Results after logging in, and no breakfast mess, so I checked the gCLI log:

Finished using 1 Trivial Avocations board game.
Using 1 warbear breakfast machine...
You acquire an item: breakfast miracle
Finished using 1 warbear breakfast machine.
Using 1 festive warbear bank...

And then /used the machine from the chat window, and got a breakfast mess:

Using 1 warbear breakfast machine.

You acquire an item: breakfast mess

Another use attempt got the "Give the machine a rest, will you?" message.

I don't know if you get yet another use in the improbable event of getting another breakfast miracle on your second use. I also don't know if this is working as intended or the ability to use it again after getting a miracle is a KoL bug.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Fascinating. First I've heard of this!

Of course, looking at Storage, I see 431 breakfast messes and 3 breakfast miracles, so I'm not sure how heartbroken I am at not having 3 more breakfast messes. ;)

I suppose this is as simple as changing the following case in UseItemRequest.parseConsumption:

Code:
		case ItemPool.WARBEAR_BREAKFAST_MACHINE:
			Preferences.setBoolean( "_warbearBreakfastMachineUsed", true );
			return;
to look at the responseText and only do that if you got a breakfast mess.

Well, that would be required but not sufficient; "breakfast" could have to learn that it could iterate for this specific item.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well, that would be required but not sufficient; "breakfast" could have to learn that it could iterate for this specific item.

I'd almost prefer that the breakfast command just try once but the Daily Deeds button and any other things that answer the question "is breakfast done?" just use the value of the preference. It may just be me but most days, hobbit like, I end up with a second breakfast anyway because of MP boosts that allow me to cast skills or items pulled from the display case.

That said, if we are going to iterate should we perhaps consider iterating guarantee Summon Sandwich succeeds? Not quite the same because MP is consumed but similar enough to consider, IMO.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'd almost prefer that the breakfast command just try once but the Daily Deeds button and any other things that answer the question "is breakfast done?" just use the value of the preference. It may just be me but most days, hobbit like, I end up with a second breakfast anyway because of MP boosts that allow me to cast skills or items pulled from the display case.
You can manually run breakfast again (I sometimes do with the CLI command) even with breakfastCompleted set to true. You could add your own Daily Deeds button that doesn't care about that setting, if you want to run it from there. As far as gaining MP goes, my mood is just "cast * [libram of choice]" to cover that.

That said, if we are going to iterate should we perhaps consider iterating guarantee Request Sandwich succeeds? Not quite the same because MP is consumed but similar enough to consider, IMO.
That's why I didn't add that skill to breakfast years ago, because I didn't want to deal with that.