New Content - Implemented June 2015 IotM: Yellow Puck

Bale

Minion
The Yellow Puck and Puck Man were already mostly added to KoLmafia. What was not added is that it can be zapped into a yellow puck with a bow on it that grows into a Ms. Puck Man.

Code:
zap yellow puck
--------------------
8304	yellow puck with a bow on it	215965896	msyellapuck.gif	grow	t	0
Item	yellow puck with a bow on it	Free Pull
--------------------
New familiar: "Ms. Puck Man" (197) @ mspuckman.gif
--------------------
8305	blue pumps	731653410	highheels.gif	familiar	t,d	75
# Item blue pumps: Causes your Ms. Puck Man to sometimes drop extra yellow pixels
--------------------

blue pumps are her familiar specific equipment.

The last thing to end will probably be the kill screen. I don't have one yet.

Yendor

Code:
--------------------
8288	kill screen	154508634	killscreen.gif	familiar		0
Item	kill screen	Random Monster Attributes: +1, Generic
--------------------

psly4mne

Yellow Pixels drop from using the familiars in the Crown/Bjown, with a limit of 25/day total. It would be useful to keep a count of that.

Bale

Minion
Was there anything left unimplemented on this familiar? I suppose it is jsut as well that the thread wasn't marked implemented yet because...

Announcement said:
Our friend Puck Man has been given a little mid-month boost. Changes include:
  • Several new items can be made with yellow pixels!
  • Power pills now drop directly from the familiar instead of coming from the Mystic.
  • The familiar now restores HP and MP after combat like a ghuol whelp.

Yendor

Code:
--------------------
The Crackpot Mystic's Shed	buy	15	miniature power pill	ROW734
--------------------
--------------------
8379	miniature power pill	721265969	minipowerpill.gif	usable	t,d	120
Item	miniature power pill	Effect: "Pill Power", Effect Duration: 30
--------------------
--------------------
The Crackpot Mystic's Shed	buy	10	yellow pixel potion	ROW735
--------------------
--------------------
8380	yellow pixel potion	439717634	yellowpixpotion.gif	usable	t,d	120
Item	yellow pixel potion	Effect: "WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
1906	WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA	puckman.gif	03830365a0602503275dae3707a14277	use 1 yellow pixel potion
Effect	WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA	Monster Level: +20
--------------------
--------------------
The Crackpot Mystic's Shed	buy	10	pixel lemon	ROW732
--------------------
--------------------
8377	pixel lemon	649933692	pixellemon.gif	food	t,d	120
pixel lemon	2	1	awesome	1-1	0	0	0	
# Item pixel lemon
--------------------
--------------------
The Crackpot Mystic's Shed	buy	10	pixel daiquiri	ROW733
--------------------
--------------------
8378	pixel daiquiri	539937581	pixeldaiq.gif	drink	t,d	120
pixel daiquiri	2	1	awesome	1-1	0	0	0	
# Item pixel daiquiri
--------------------

Both familiars give All Attributes +10 in the bjorn/throne.

Bale

Minion
Drop rates may need spading, but that doesn't matter since KoLmafia doesn't report the rates of familiar drops, only their limits.

It appears that the drop limit for pills is daycount + 1. On day 5 that is a limit of 6. On day 10, that is a limit of 11. I do not yet know if their is a maximum or a minimum.

Power pill dropped at 10, 12, 15, 14, 11, 15, 15, 14, 11, 13, 14, and then nothing for 50 turns. I've been in aftercore for about two months, so looks like a maximum of 11 a day.

Donavin69

Not sure if it should be added to this thread or its own thread, but the yellow submarine allows travel to the island, mafia tells me "That area is not available."

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Not sure if it should be added to this thread or its own thread, but the yellow submarine allows travel to the island, mafia tells me "That area is not available."

Did you make the submarine before getting r15950 (or newer)? The submarine should be handled already.

Donavin69

Did you make the submarine before getting r15950 (or newer)? The submarine should be handled already.

No, I was using 15975 yesterday, when I made the sub. It seems that the day 'after' I make it, it works. (I had the same problem the previous run, but chalked it up to not paying attention) I've tried exiting mafia and going back in and it didn't work, but today I'm able to get to the island OK.

If you want any additional logs, I'll be done with this run today or tomorrow, and start another one so I could run a puck fam for a 3rd run (although that will screw up my 100% fam runs, I'd do it for Mafia :) )

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
What exactly are you doing to get that message? I can't see any problems with the code that sets lastDesertUnlock when you receive a yellow submarine, and I would expect that to be all that's needed.

Bale

Minion
I think it looks good. If anyone disagrees they can start a new thread for the specific issue.