Feature - Implemented List stat as well as adv gain by fullness etc ?

Darzil

Developer
I am considering making stat gain also appear by fullness/inebriety/spleen when per full/drunk/spleen is selected. Is there any good reason not to do that?

I might also then consider adding pvp fights as a data field in the datafiles, and making a radio button for sorting those things by adv, mainstat or pvp fights (defaulting to mainstat in slowcore, but otherwise adv). Assuming I can work out how sorting works, because it's doing my head in at present !

Thoughts?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I don't much care either way since I have delegated my consumption decisions to EatDrink but it doesn't seem like it can hurt and may open up opportunities. Gopher it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The default sorting won't change when someone enters or leaves SaS, or switches characters. That seems fine, but I expect at least one bug report based on that eventually.

Maybe better as a separate option to toggle this behavior, perhaps add a preference setting? This is ideal for the one current challenge run, but that's a niche case, so it would also be opt-in (not set as default).

I started to think that this made it more difficult to pick items by adv per fullness and then maximizing stats, but it turns out that the sort order is still adv per fullness, so it'll take a bit of getting used to, but it seems ok.

But wouldn't S&S want to sort by stat per fullness? Doing that might add value, in which case a toggle is needed, because that certainly wouldn't fit with usage in other paths.

Darzil

Developer
I've not changed sorting at all. As I said in the first post I'm not sure how to do that.

The ideal would probably be to sort by adventures, then mainstat, then offstat, which would work in pretty much all paths, rather than adventures, then fullness, then mainstat, then offstat, as I think it does now ?

Or is that just me?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The ideal would probably be to sort by adventures, then mainstat, then offstat, which would work in pretty much all paths, rather than adventures, then fullness, then mainstat, then offstat, as I think it does now ?
I depend on adventures then fullness. I use the creation queue, so if I have an inebriety limit of 19 and queue four 4-inebriety drinks, I like the list re-sorting to put the 3-inebriety drinks at the top.

Darzil

Developer
Oh, it should definitely put the things you can actually still consume first. I was more meaning that if you have two foods, one of size 6 that gives 12 adventures and 12 mainstat, and another of size 3 that gives 6 adventures and 30 mainstat, when you have per fullness on, and have 6 fullness left, it'll show the first one first, even though both give 2 adv/pull, but the second gives better mainstat. If you have 5 fullness left it shows the second one first.