New Content - Implemented Uneffect spading request

Darzil

Developer
So, Hot Tub can remove "all" removable negative status effects, as can Shake It Off (though presumably not Dread Cocoa only removable effects?). However, the Wiki is pretty quiet on testing. Is it true that they can remove all the effects listed below (from http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Category:Negative_Status_Effects, excluding those already handled in Mafia by other skills - and can those skills remove any of these?) :

•Curse Magnet
•Deadened palate - shake will remove (and hot tub may)
•First Eye Blind
•Hernia! - shake will remove (and hot tub may)
•Natural 1 - shake will remove (and hot tub may)

Confirmed:

•A Revolution in Your Mouth - both will remove
•All Covered In Whatsit - both will remove
•Barking Dogs - both will remove
•Beer in Your Shoes - both will remove
•Bloody Hand - both will remove
•Corroded Weapon - both will remove
•Flared Nostrils - both will remove
•Strangulated - both will remove
•Tangled Up - both will remove
•Temporary Amnesia - probably impossible with skill
•Temporary Blindness - both will remove
•Tenuous Grip on Reality - both will remove
•Toad In The Hole - both will remove
•Turned Into a Skeleton - both will remove

Note - some of these look like combat only effects that run out at the end of the combat, but might continue if you free run, which is possible in Pete as there are so many, so maybe we should exclude them. Some are pretty minor and I guess we may already have decided not to support them on that basis (eg All covered in Whatsit), but if so perhaps we should mention in the code as a comment.

Basically I looked at adding remove effect info for Shake It Off, but there seem to be a lot more unknowns that I'd expected.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I've already verified that both the Hot Tub and Shake It Off will cure all the Unhydrated effects: Barking Dogs, Tenuous Grip on Reality, Turned Into a Skeleton...

Lord_Kobel

Don't think it'll handle Temporary Amnesia, as you can't use the skill with that effect on. I second Bale on the unhydrated. If I get any of the other effects, I'll let you know.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Pretty well-known at this point I think that it removes once/twice/thrice-cursed. Coated in Slime is probably somewhat worth checking.

Does remove Bloody Hand.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Mafia actually attempts to cure Bloody Hand? Any means of curing that effect is probably more detrimental than the effect. How many MP should be spent to cure -1 Muscle?

Does it really? I just tested that Shake it Off removes bloody hand, since it was the easiest one on the list to check. I know I've tried to shake off Temporary Amnesia before but couldn't remember how to.

Crowther

Wow. That's harder to test than I thought. I had to pull -% moxie equipment just to get hit and I still only managed to spade one more fact.
Code:
Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You lose an effect: Toad In The Hole

Terion

Checked a few as I finished the Hidden City and fought frats on the battlefield, peeling out to keep them from wearing off.

Both Shake It Off and the VIP hottub successfully removed:

Tangled Up
Temporary Blindness (that white lightning tastes good good GOOD!)
Strangulated
Beer in Your Shoes
Easily Embarrassed (since an Elite Wartender insisted on giving me this on multiple combats, tested it with the others)

Wow. That's harder to test than I thought. I had to pull -% moxie equipment just to get hit and I still only managed to spade one more fact.
Shouldn't need to worry about getting hit, Toad in the Hole should be a special move that's not dependent on hitting you. Just stretch out combat.

Last edited:

Crowther

Shouldn't need to worry about getting hit, Toad in the Hole should be a special move that's not dependent on hitting you. Just stretch out combat.
I guess I just got unlucky, because another one I couldn't get even after extending combat to nearly 30 turns more than once. However, this was my ascender, so I didn't want to dally. My testing multi just ascended AoSP, so maybe later I'll test what's left. If anything is left.

Seeing Red ("use red eye") is useful if you need to get hit.
That's very useful to know. I pulled a red shirt which I discovered using the maximizer. I really can't keep up with all the new items.

Crowther

A few more.
Code:
Casting Shake It Off 1 times...
You lose an effect: Hernia!
You lose an effect: Flared Nostrils
You gain 43 hit points
Shake It Off was successfully cast.

You lose an effect: Natural 1
You gain 1 hit point

You lose an effect: A Revolution in Your Mouth
You gain 1 hit point

Crowther

Finally!
Code:
You lose an effect: All Covered In Whatsit
You gain 90 hit points
I wasn't able to get the effect until I used a red eye, then I got it next combat with the right monster.

Crowther

Code:
You lose an effect: Deadened palate
You gain 1 hit point

Terion

Code:
Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You lose an effect: Toad In The Hole

Just for confirmation in this thread, I removed Toad with Shake It Off.

Code:
You relax in the hot tub, feeling all of your troubles drift away as the bubbles massage your weary muscles.
You lose an effect: Flared Nostrils
You lose an effect: All Covered In Whatsit
Yeah, the Whatsit seemed to require the Commander being able to hit me. After several battles with her that I scepter'd out to 30 rounds, I didn't get Whatsit until I used the pirate insult book (and even that took a few tries over a few combats.) But there's the hot tub test to go along with your Shake test.