New Content - Implemented Pantsgiving

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So far,
Lets you cram in slightly more food.
means that

Code:
You groan and loosen your overtaxed belt.  Y'know, you're full, but you could probably make room for <i>one more thing</i>...

will show up at the end of combat with Pantsgiving equipped and give +1 stomach capacity, but only when you are full. There might be more to it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I got that exact message a second time, so this probably needs to be tracked in something like _pantsgivingFullness.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My guess would be that you have to win the fight to get the extra fullness (not sure on that yet), so the FightRequest code could be moved a bit lower.

Darzil

Developer
r13029 - Add Pantsgiving skills, some Pantsgiving items, Pantsgiving banish tracking (_pantsgivingBanish) as well as moved it to win fight section (looked like other stuff could also move, but I haven't.

Darzil

Developer
Food spading so far :

Deviled Egg - 5 Adv, 3 all stats (1 sample)
High Calorie Sugar - 4 adv, +22-26 Mys (2 samples)
Pat of Butter - 3-4 Adv, +20-25 Mox (8 samples)
cold mashed potato - 4 Adv (3 samples)
can of sardines - 4 Adv, +25 Mus (2 samples)
whole turkey leg - 4 Adv (1 sample)

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r13031 adds support for Black Day effect (10% reduction buying from NPC stores, 1 purchase only). Untested. I imagine it'll drop off when you buy something. As long as Kolmafia notices this then it should work ok.

Darzil

Developer
More items :

Unknown item found: old-school beer pull tab (6871, 354368969)
--------------------
6871 old-school beer pull tab 354368969 pulltab.gif none, combat t,d 1
# old-school beer pull tab
--------------------
Looking at item #6870...
Unknown item found: old love note (6870, 795402177)
--------------------
6870 old love note 795402177 document.gif usable t,d 1
old love note Effect: "Memories of Puppy Love", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
1411 Memories of Puppy Love candyheart.gif 424a6a1f2a5a555e58210d67e99f19bf use 1 old love note
Memories of Puppy Love Moxie: +20
--------------------
Looking at item #6866...
Unknown item found: whole turkey leg (6866, 847918903)
--------------------
6866 whole turkey leg 847918903 bigturkeyleg.gif food t,d 1
whole turkey leg 1 4 awesome 0 0 0 0
# whole turkey leg
--------------------
Looking at item #6861...
Unknown item found: can of sardines (6861, 724707278)
--------------------
6861 can of sardines 724707278 sardinecan.gif food t,d 1
can of sardines 1 4 awesome 0 0 0 0
# can of sardines
--------------------

r13031 adds support for Black Day effect (10% reduction buying from NPC stores, 1 purchase only). Untested. I imagine it'll drop off when you buy something. As long as Kolmafia notices this then it should work ok.

Looking at that change, I'm not sure it's going to work correctly.
It looks like if I had 1 turn of Black Day, and bought 2 Hermit Permits in a single request, the expected price would be 180 meat.
In fact the expected price should be 190 meat, as each turn of the effect only counts for a single item (according to the forums).

Darzil

Developer
Looking at that change, I'm not sure it's going to work correctly.
It looks like if I had 1 turn of Black Day, and bought 2 Hermit Permits in a single request, the expected price would be 180 meat.
In fact the expected price should be 190 meat, as each turn of the effect only counts for a single item (according to the forums).

You are right. However, looking at the code I'm uncertain on the best way to handle this. I experimented briefly with adding a getPrice( quantity ) function, which should work, but then when I looked at the number of places that was called, or called functions that called it, and some are set to log actuals (which would mean it should be 180 and 200, not 2 for 190 for your example). Also, when Mafia prices up something made from one of each of several items, it'd still be wrong in it's estimations, as only one would get the purchase discount. I'm actually quite tempted now to remove the r13031 code entirely, to avoid underpricing things, which is most likely to be a cause of grief. I suspect it's an item that'll be used mainly for buying expensive trophy items in the end.

Just got this message:
Code:
You groan and loosen your overtaxed belt. Y'know, you're full, but you could probably make room for [i]one more thing...[/i]
Mafia r13055 is unaware of this - it still shows "15/15" for me. As later versions seems didn't change pants fullness, I think, there is still some problem somewhere.

Darzil

Developer
An assumption had been made that this only occurred after a fight that was won. Did you win the fight?

Hmm... I won, of course, but I am not sure how exactly. :( It was with boots, so I could stomp them too. But is it not enough to have message itself?

Darzil

Developer
We already check for that message (and it's been working for me), the issue is probably when we check for it. I'll do some testing with boots later to see if I can replicate. We don't check for all messages all the time for performance reasons, we only check for messages when they'll appear.

Can you do "get _pantsgivingFullness" in CLI for me ?