Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

Theraze

Eh... if they'll give me proper credit. Joy is all well and good, but without a receipt, how do I know that it's actually getting to the needy and not just being lost in the bureaucracy?

Bale

Minion
It's easy.

You find some Meat in the top drawer of the dresser and joy fills your heart.

Joy at the prospect of helping the needy!

Which you do, by giving them the Meat you just found.

See! No bureaucrats were involved. I just rounded up a few needy and gave it directly to them. I knew that they were needy because they were living in dumpsters in a sleazy back alley, wearing dirty gloves and drinking bad wine. That's pretty darn needy and it made me feel great about myself.

zarqon

You got duped, Bale. They were bureaucrats in clever tramp costumes.

And I'll probably add that fix, but I'm not in a hurry because I doubt very many people automate the bedroom.

Theraze

I rarely fully automate the bedroom... it's usually semi-automated for me. Clicking the 'auto' button in the relay browser so I don't have all that work of moving the mouse cursor up and down... only time it needs to move is to equip the spectacles, back to gCLI to adventure once so it realizes that they've been collected, then one override to pick up the quest item, back to gCLI to go back to non-spectacle gear, and... that's it. Besides running away from combat if the class/char is skill-poor.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Strange. I do the bedroom completely manually, and as soon as I get spectacles mafia automatically identifies dusty wines for me. I haven't equipped them since the KoL change made it unnecessary.

xKiv

They still need to be equipped if you want the item for the skill. Which (the item) is in the bedroom.

Theraze

Exactly... while I'm still low-perm-skill-ed, the extra Spookyraven skill is generally a nice benefit. I'll perm them eventually, but until then, an extra sphere helps against the sauce nemesis, another multi-hit delevel helps against... well, about everything for DBs, etc.

Bale

Minion
Strange. I do the bedroom completely manually, and as soon as I get spectacles mafia automatically identifies dusty wines for me. I haven't equipped them since the KoL change made it unnecessary.

Just thought I'd throw this out there even though it is only tangential to the current discussion: This is affected by the newbiesphere. If my_ascensions() == 0, then you need to equip the glasses to identify the wines.

Catch-22

I'd like to be able to prioritize the order of the familiars used with bbb_famitems enabled.

Anyone know an easy way for me to do this?

I don't think famitems is working in the latest version. It's getting aguas, absinthes, transponders, then stops. I also have a llama and a stomping boots.

After you stop it, you can change to the llama/rogue program. And bbb will get 5 of those drops. then it switches to the xenomorph again.

Last edited:

Catch-22

I don't think famitems is working in the latest version. It's getting aguas, absinthes, transponders, then stops. I also have a llama and a stomping boots.

After you stop it, you can change to the llama/rogue program. And bbb will get 5 of those drops. then it switches to the xenomorph again.

I noticed this too, I wasn't sure why the Xenomorph was being switched back (there's an odd line in there that seems intentional?) but I removed the line and it goes back to normal. FYI the stomping boots aren't going to ever be picked by the current version of BBB, it's not being tracked but I guess it could be added pretty easily.

The odd line is here:
Code:
496:   dfams[$familiar[li'l xenomorph]] = to_int(get_property("_transponderDrops")) - 5;
If you want to fix your BBB, just remove that line entirely, it still gets transponders.

The logic for tracking mini-hipster adventures seems a bit funky too, but I don't have a mini-hipster.

Edit:

If you want stomping boot support, add this in to the section around line 496.

Code:
dfams[$familiar[pair of stomping boots ]] = to_int(get_property("_pasteDrops")) - 2;

Note, that it's not going to stomp the creatures for you.

2nd Edit:

Ok I'm fairly certain that mini-hipster tracking IS borked and it should be:
Code:
dfams[$familiar[mini-hipster]] = to_int(get_property("_hipsterAdv")) - 2;
but as mentioned, I don't have one, so I can't confirm it.

Last edited:

Catch-22

The turtle taming craps out when trying to get a hedgeturtle if it happens to coincide with there being no adventures left to do on the frat/hipppy battlefield.

Theraze

So confused by your report... can you give specific as to what you mean? Are you saying that if you tell it to adventure at the battlefield in a side that has been emptied, it will still try to tame even though you can't actually adventure there, or are you saying something completely different?

Winterbay

I think that the thing is that if there are say 6 turns left on the battlefield but it will take me more than 6 turns to get the hedgeturtle it will still try to do so and fail in what appears to be a horrible way (judging by "crapping out"). Possibly...

Bale

Minion
I'm still trying to figure out how this script can cause KoLmafia to roll snake eyes on the battlefield. It isn't even a dice game!

Theraze

Not sure Winterbay... when I spend a single adventure somewhere that's a turtle taming zone with bbb_turtlegear on, it uses the pheromones. I don't see that as a problem, since it could end up giving me the turtle after a single adventure...

Since the turtle adventure could happen anytime from 0-7 adventures in without the nemesis gear, that means if you have 6 battles left that you have a 75% chance of getting your hedgeturtle, which goes to 100% if you're willing to adventure twice in the black forest if it hasn't appeared, at a total cost of 1 more adventure maximum, since you don't NEED to adventure again after your free turtle taming adventure. If you do have your nemesis gear, then by your fourth adventure you'll definitely have gotten it, so again, 100% hedgeturtle.

I'm still failing to see the problem that was so eloquently expressed.

Winterbay

Fair enough. I was just trying to decifer the message as I've turned off automatic turtletaming while I do fist-runs :)

What's the best way to change what items will cause a dolphin whistle to be used? I don't see anything affecting it in vars_charname or zlib vars in my cli. I'm hoping to have a list of specific items it gets, or being able to adjust the formula for determining what's worthwhile.

Theraze

Doesn't it just go based on mall_price? Ah, and goals.
PHP:
      if ((has_goal(to_item(get_property("dolphinItem"))) > 0 && get_property("dolphinItem") != "sand dollar") || (no_goals_here() &&
           mall_price(to_item(get_property("dolphinItem"))) > 2*(min(mall_price($item[sand dollar]),mall_price($item[dolphin whistle])) + get_property("valueOfAdventure").to_int()))) {
         if (item_amount($item[dolphin whistle]) == 0 && mall_price($item[dolphin whistle]) > mall_price($item[sand dollar]) && retrieve_item(1,$item[sand dollar]))
            visit_url("monkeycastle.php?pwd&action=buyitem&whichitem=3997&quantity=1");
         vprint("Whistling for a "+get_property("dolphinItem")+"...","blue",2);
         if (retrieve_item(1,$item[dolphin whistle])) use(1,$item[dolphin whistle]);
      }
If you want it to auto-whistle for something specific, set it as a goal.