Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

zarqon

Anyone know if it's uncool to post something to add to BBB that will keep Boredom under 40%? In the past making it easier to automate Crimbo has been frowned upon.

Well, at least, here's a matcher to get your current boredom:

PHP:
matcher f = create_matcher("Boredom.+?([0-9]+)%",visit_url("charpane.php"));

Do with that what you will. More specifically, do with f.group(1).to_int() what you will.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Anyone know if it's uncool to post something to add to BBB that will keep Boredom under 40%?

Under 50%, not 40%. Just sayin'.

I'd say you might add that to BBB if Veracity decides to add the zone. Otherwise, definitely not.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Also, to work for weirdos who have the compact charpane, the regex input string should be "Bored.+?(\\d+)%". :D

Theraze

Appears Veracity got the go-ahead to integrate, since there was a major update putting in Crimbco bits today.

Winterbay

She went with "kolproxy automates this, the developer of that is in /dev on kol, if jick says nothing about that...". It will go away if Jick asks though.

Theraze

Yeah... today was mostly spent running adventure 100 cubicle, manually running one adventure to be sure to kill the BGE, then sets of use 2 workytime and adventure 50 cubicles. Fun bits. :)

Winterbay

If you didn't ad the accessory to make them scaling it was no problem to just run all adventures gettign scrip and BGE-forms as it went along. :)

zarqon

As of CDM's approval of Veracity adding Crimbo 2010 to mafia, it is now safe to add Boredom maintenance support to BBB.

However, as of Veracity adding Crimbo 2010 to mafia, it is now trivial to do this. I had hunted down all the URLs for things which now can be done using regular ASH commands.

So, I'm not going to spin a new BBB release, but I will post this in case you want to add it to your local bbb().

PHP:
   matcher f = create_matcher("Bored.+?([0-9]+)%",visit_url("charpane.php"));
   if (f.find() && f.group(1).to_int() > 45) {
      print("Unboring yourself...","gray");
      if (item_amount($item[workytime tea]) < 1)
         visit_url("crimbo10.php?pwd&action=buygift&whichitem=4866&howmany=1");   // buy tea
      visit_url("inv_use.php?which=3&whichitem=4866&pwd&ajax=1");              // use tea (does mafia use ajax by default?)
      print("Unbored!","blue");
   }

And Bale, I was going with 40 due to the "50" on the wiki actually being a "50?"

Theraze

If you didn't ad the accessory to make them scaling it was no problem to just run all adventures gettign scrip and BGE-forms as it went along. :)

Except that after your first BGE-form, the question comes whether you'd rather get more BGE forms or up to double scrip. Since combat after 50 may involve the 'bored' combats, where you only get 5 scrip instead of 10. Depends on what the forms get used for eventually, I suppose. :)

Winterbay

TRue, but since noone knows what the BGE-form will do I thought I might as well get some extra. I now have 6 and think that is hopefully enough :)

zarqon

Okay, I'm using this now. It uses more of mafia's built-in stuff:

PHP:
   if (my_location() == $location[CRIMBCO cubicles] && item_amount($item[BGE merchandise order form]) > 0) {
      matcher f = create_matcher("Bored.+?([0-9]+)%",visit_url("charpane.php"));
      if (f.find() && f.group(1).to_int() > 49) {
         print("Unboring yourself...","gray");
         if (retrieve_item(1,$item[workytime]) && use(1,$item[workytime])) print("Unbored!","blue");
      }
   }

Yes, I know, return value of use(). Uh oh, it might not print! :)

You might want to change the number for the BGE forms, or remove the check entirely.

Theraze

Yeah... I want to try to pull as many of the BGE items as possible. At least until I get a set of shirts. :) And the tattoo.

Rinn

Developer
You don't have to equip the pool cue in the billiard room anymore so you should probably update BBB before it screws someone by equipping it because I guess kol is currently only checking your inventory not equipped items for it.

Fluxxdog

We might want to wait for this to be spaded out first before we assume we can complete the pool challenge without the pool cue. The announcement just said "The pool game adventure in the Haunted Billiards Room no longer requires you to have a pool cue equipped." not "The pool game adventure in the Haunted Billiards Room no longer requires you to have a pool cue equipped to get the key."

Bale

Minion
Good point Fluxxdog. I was assuming the later, but there isn't a single post on the forums about this yet so I'll just have to wait and see if that guess was right.

Winterbay

Being in the position to test this today I can confirm that you do not need the cue to get the adventure, you also do not need it to get the key. I tested with handchalk on though so can't say anything about if you still need that or not.

Theraze

Just checked and it does need handchalk, but not equipped cue. Winterbay, were you saying that you didn't even need to own a cue to get it? Basically, I'm wondering if the line should be:
Code:
            if (item_amount($item[pool cue]) > 0 && have_effect($effect[chalky hand]) == 0 && item_amount($item[handful of hand chalk]) > 0)
               use(1,$item[handful of hand chalk]);
or this:
Code:
            if (have_effect($effect[chalky hand]) == 0 && item_amount($item[handful of hand chalk]) > 0)
               use(1,$item[handful of hand chalk]);

Winterbay

No you still need to have the cue. I just listened to the radio show where they changed it (on air) and it was changed to a has_item-call in order to get the choice adventure.

Theraze

So... scrap the equip line, use the first chalk example. Which is what I'm currently doing, so... good until whenever the next BBB comes out. :)