Clarification requested please :)

Spiny

Can I get a little clarification on what mafia advises about with regard to the NS tower?

Upon entering the tower in my current BM run, mafia acquired me a hair spray. I have buy from NPCs enabled so I'm fine with that. I've already made my Wand of Nagamar so there was no advisory regarding that. The 2nd level of the tower I needed an NG... I don't have one and will need to backfarm a lowercase N or risk a 2nd zap from the zap wand, not knowing what else I might need for this tower without a telescope.

My friend is post-ronin of a softcore run and she started the tower and mafia prepped by grabbing a bronzed locust from the stash and hair spray for her. I'm guessing she had everything else possible.

I'm not looking for mafia to change anything regarding what it does. I'm merely looking for clarification in regards to what does mafia due to aid the relay browser adventurer in BM/HC/SC with regard to tower prep? Could or should there have been an advisory window that popped up saying, you might need these items that you don't have, proceed at your own risk?

Bale

Minion
It sounds like you know exactly what mafia does and need nothing clarified about that.

What you want is for mafia to provide a list of the up to 25 possible items that you don't have, right? That sounds like a feature request, not a request for clarification.

jasonharper

Developer
Mafia attempts to retrieve every Tower item you could possibly need, on your initial visit - this will be a much shorter list with a level 6 telescope, and presumably exact with level 7. Retrieval sources include your closet, NPC purchase, creation from ingredients on hand, and possibly storage or the stash. No warning is given for unretrievable items, since you aren't necessarily going to need any given item on the list.

I think that a warning would annoy more people than it helps - if they're still missing an item at that point, they would probably prefer to find out if they actually need it before spending turns backfarming for it.

Spiny

Actually, Bale, it was clarification I was looking for. Jason's response yielded info I wasn't aware of or certain about. It's all good :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have no telescope and am happy with the status quo. Last run it auto-made the NG, used it in the Tower and then warned me I needed an N when I was about to fight the NS. What's not to like now that it has been clarified?