Bug - Fixed launch_ui() doesn't do anything?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
When editing the wiki, I came across the function launch_ui(), which had just about no info on it. So I looked at RuntimeLibrary.java, and what do you know...

PHP:
public static Value launch_ui( final Value title, final Value serverFunc, final Value listeners )
{
	//new ScriptUIFrame( LibraryFunction.interpreter, title.toString(),
	//	serverFunc.toString(), listeners.toString() );
	return DataTypes.VOID_VALUE;
}

Basically, the lines that would possibly do anything... are commented ou, so the function just returns void. I'm assuming this function is still a work in progress, so just a tiny reminder that it's still kinda floating around.

jasonharper

Developer
Yeah, that's a leftover from an earlier attempt of mine at doing scripted user interfaces. It was the same basic idea as relay scripts, but running in the internal mini-browser instead of the relay browser. It would have been more powerful in some ways (since it would have been possible to have multiple open script windows, which could automatically be refreshed in response to changes in player state), but less powerful in others (due to Java's half-assed HTML support). I kept running into little snags, always some minor detail that shouldn't have been a problem at all, so never made much progress with it. I suppose it's completely dead now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I suppose it's completely dead now.
Since I am a firm believer in code cleanliness and the ability of source code trees to help recover from mistakes when cleanliness is not a virtue, I'll try and eliminate the lines of dead code.

Removed as of 8377.

Last edited: