Bug - Fixed Mafia still thinks I am in BM

lidden

Mafia thinks that I am still in hardcore even though I have freed the King.
r8366
Code:
> ash in_hardcore()

Returned: true

> ash in_bad_moon()

Returned: true

Most stuff still works but the modifier maximizer refuse to equip any IotMs (it happily removes them).
Restarting mafia did not fix this, it made mafia recognize my recalled skills which it did not do before the restart.

jasonharper

Developer
Hardcore status is detected in one of two ways at login:
* Presence of the text "You are in Hardcore mode" on your character sheet.
* Presence of a "Drop Bad Moon" or "Drop Hardcore" button on your account page.

Which of these is true? What exactly is your charsheet showing as your current status, between "Turns Played/Days Played" and "Advancement:"?

Is it possible that some of this text is matching a familiar name or your profile quote?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Wouldn't it be easiest to just search for "<b>Hardcore</b>" on the character pane? After all, that page is refreshed pretty darn often.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

Just because you freed the king doesn't mean you want to drop BM. I know someone that decided not to drop it because the hey deze skills made for better farming than they could otherwise do (on their way to a basement dive, I believe).

lidden

Which of these is true? What exactly is your charsheet showing as your current status, between "Turns Played/Days Played" and "Advancement:"?

Is it possible that some of this text is matching a familiar name or your profile quote?

There is a drop badmoon button on my account page. Html from that part of the account page:
HTML:
<center>Drop Bad Moon:<div class='tiny helpbox'><div style='text-align: left'> If you drop Bad Moon, the following terrible things will happen to you: <ul style='padding-left: 20px'><li>You will be ejected into a Hardcore Pathless run.</li><li>All of your familiars and hardcore permanent'd skills will return to you (as well as your terrarium, if you hadn't already purchased one this run).</li><li>You will not be able to reap the benefits of having a moon sign.</li><li>Some effects specific to Bad Moon will be removed, leaving you with a slightly violated feeling.</li><li>Additionally, any skills which are only learnable during Bad Moon will also be removed, reinforcing the above feeling.</li></ul>If you want to also drop Hardcore, you may do so after you have dropped Bad Moon.</div></div><p><form action=account.php method=post><input type=hidden name=action value="unbadmoon"><input type=hidden name=pwd value='30aadb11528a360cac449b19c293eb4f'><input class=button type=submit value="Drop Bad Moon"><br><input type=checkbox name=confirm> (confirm)</form></center>
Copy paste of that part of my charsheet:
Days Played (this run): 13
Sign: Bad Moon

Advancement:

edit:
I don't have a profile quote and cannot see a familiar name that could cause this. I am Fandral in game.

Last edited:

Winterbay

In a similar but not exactly the same story: Mafia cannot detect my telescope. I got it this run, which was at the start a badmoon run (still stated as such under sign on the profile page) and when you actually get the telescope in BM you can use it as well.

jasonharper

Developer
So you've recalled your past skills, yet it's still giving the option to drop Bad Moon? That seems a bit strange...

Somebody please tell me what it says on your charsheet, between "Turns Played/Days Played" and "Advancement:", when you actually are in a BM run (king not freed yet).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
<tr><td align=right>Turns Played (this run):</td><td><b>1,494</b></td></tr><tr><td align=right>Days Played (this run):</td><td><b>15</b></td></tr><tr><td align=right>Sign:</td><td><b>Bad Moon</b></td></tr><tr><td align=center colspan=2 class=small>You are in Hardcore mode, and may not receive items or buffs from other players.</td></tr><tr><td colspan=2 height=1 bgcolor=black></tr></table><p><b>Advancement:</b>

jasonharper

Developer
Ok, it looks like the charsheet check for being in hardcore is definitive, so let's see what fails horribly without the drop button checks - r8369.

Winterbay

Is there any way to let me use my telescope in BM? You do have access to the telescope if you get it during the BM-run, which I did this run :)

Code:
> telescope

Your telescope is unavailable in Bad Moon

StDoodle

Minion
Well, without parameters (ie "telescope high") that command is used to get a list of items needed to pass the tower. So you did a lv500 basement dive in BM before doing the NS quest? I highly doubt support for this scenario is at the top of the agenda. ;)

Winterbay

No I actually did it after the NS quest, I'm hanging around in aftercore doing fun things with my guild and getting some trophies. Since this was the first telescope part I got I wasn't sure on how to use the command.

Code:
> telescope high

Your telescope is unavailable in Bad Moon

Still nothing though :)

Bale

Minion
I have now made the criteria depend on the king being freed as opposed to recalling your skills. Check out build 8380 (or higher) and let me know if this fixes your problem or not.

That isn't quite right as I understand it. A character does not get access to the telescope just because he frees the king. In Bad Moon, you only get access to the telescope if you recall your ancestral skills or else if you cash in a telescope coupon during Bad Moon. Obviously the second is pretty rare, but that is what happened this time.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah. I'm thinking that a possible fix would be storing lastTelescopeUpgrade as one of the preferences (value would be an integer corresponding to the ascension number). Of course, then the BM check for telescope availability would be "does lastTelescopeUpgrade return the current ascension?"

DoctorRotelle

Developer
That isn't quite right as I understand it. A character does not get access to the telescope just because he frees the king. In Bad Moon, you only get access to the telescope if you recall your ancestral skills or else if you cash in a telescope coupon during Bad Moon. Obviously the second is pretty rare, but that is what happened this time.

Basically, once the king is freed, bad moon isn't a criteria for denying access to a telescope. As noted, bad moon telescopes exist. Not having a telescope is the relevant error message once the king is freed. (As you can decide to recall your skills at that point, and bad moon isn't actually stopping you, at all). Mafia doesn't retain a preference for haveTelescope. The order in the code was to deny based on bad moon before any further evaluations, then to deny if you didn't have a telescope. Hopefully the change I made will allow folks to use their telescopes now or get a proper error. Of course, there's still a flaw in this logic, as one can get a telescope certificate without freeing the king, while in bad moon...

-=DoctorRotelle

Additional: when you free the king, your telescope is returned to you. you do not have to recall skills to regain access. i checked it today to make sure.

Last edited:

Aankhen

Wasn’t sure whether to create a new thread for this. in_bad_moon() still returns true in BM aftercore while in_hardcore() returns false, so things like Bookshelf skills don’t show up even though they can still be cast (have_skill($skill[Summon BRICKOs]) returns false, for example). Obviously, this person is still under the BM sign, so maybe in_bad_moon() needs to be separate from under_bad_moon_restrictions() or something?

Last edited:

Winterbay

My bookshelf skills show up just fine in Bad moon aftercore (currently level 30 and running around in Hobopolis). It took a relogin for it to work though. Fact is that you are still under some bad moon restrictions even after you recall your memories and so on. For example, I can't use Mr. familiar hatchlings, which annoys me no end atm because I can't play around with my newly acquired one.

If you want to check for things in a script a combination of in_bad_moon() and !in_hardcore() works fine.

Also: That link does not work as it is a relay browser link ...

actually it fails with the following error:
Code:
Request from bogus referer ignored
Path: "/showplayer.php?who=658121"
Referer: "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?3921-Mafia-still-thinks-I-am-in-BM&p=31498"

Aankhen

My bookshelf skills show up just fine in Bad moon aftercore (currently level 30 and running around in Hobopolis). It took a relogin for it to work though. Fact is that you are still under some bad moon restrictions even after you recall your memories and so on. For example, I can't use Mr. familiar hatchlings, which annoys me no end atm because I can't play around with my newly acquired one.
I’m familiar with the Mr. Store hatchling restrictions (no pun intended :p). As far as the skills are concerned, well, I had him log out, log in using a browser, log out, and log back in using Mafia… it’s only Mafia that thinks he doesn’t have those skills. I’ll ask him to post here with more details; he told me he was using 14.1, but since you’re saying it works fine for you, maybe that needs to be checked again. Just to confirm, does `ash have_skill($skill[Summon BRICKOs])' (or any other Bookshelf skill) return `true' for you?
If you want to check for things in a script a combination of in_bad_moon() and !in_hardcore() works fine.
Yeah, that’ll do fine for a script.
Also: That link does not work as it is a relay browser link ...
Ah yeah, sorry about that. `/whois OgreCrusher' in chat should get you there.