Referencing other sections in .ccs

Sandiman

Today is the Feast of Boris and I find myself a level 27 TT adventuring without a weapon (trust me, there's a reason).

I'm more than capable of killing the Boris monsters with Spectral Snapper, but I'd like to be able to easily change the action when I have a weapon again. Here's what I'd like my .ccs to look like:

Code:
[ boris monster ]
skill spectral snapper

[ tofurkey ]
boris monster

[ yam golem ]
boris monster

[ stuffing golem ]
boris monster

... and so on. Currently, all the "boris monster" entries will change to "attack with weapon," which will prevent me from killing the monster in under 30 rounds when I don't have my weapon. Is this possible, or do I need to create a consult script for this behavior?

jasonharper

Developer
Currently, the only way to switch sections within a CCS is "default", which of course can only switch to the [default] section. I think you've got a good idea here, although the syntax would have to change - there would have to be some keyword on the redirection lines to distinguish them from a skill or item use. The problem would be in detecting loops of redirections, which would otherwise hang the program.

Bale

Minion
I would like to second this feature request. I've often desired the ability to have multiple default-type settings so that I can create a "type" of action and then reference it for multiple monsters. I'd also like to be able to do something like this:

Code:
[ tofurkey, yam golem , stuffing golem ]
1: moxious maneuver
Should we make this a feature request for CCS improvement?

Sandiman

@jason: Loop detection is a valid point. I can obviously see the use for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that portion is non-trivial and would take a bit of reworking. If it came down to that, I think I'd rather see .ccs sections implemented sooner with loop detection as a later feature request.

I would like to second this feature request. I've often desired the ability to have multiple default-type settings so that I can create a "type" of action and then reference it for multiple monsters. I'd also like to be able to do something like this:

Code:
[ tofurkey, yam golem , stuffing golem ]
1: moxious maneuver

That functionality would be great. I was recently making a ccs and found myself wanting to do both of these things.

Bale, did you ever submit a feature request for these ccs modifications?

Bale

Minion
Yes. And the feature request was answered, albeit in a slightly different form. You can now do this:

Code:
[ default ]
consult SmartStasis
special action
attack

[ Holiday Monster ]
skill shieldbutt

[ candied yam golem ]
section Holiday Monster
[ malevolent tofurkey ]
section Holiday Monster
[ possessed can of cranberry sauce ]
section Holiday Monster
[ stuffing golem ]
section Holiday Monster
[Cadáver]
section Holiday Monster

Now you can create various strategy sections that are referenced by various groups of monsters so I can change my fighting strategy for all holiday monsters by updating a single section.