Make.meat.fast

Winterbay

Should I add this to Scripts on SVN as an automation script? If so, you get to be co-author Winterbay. Willing to shoulder that?

Sure, why not. Idon't forsee any major updates to it though (unless KoL breaks something).

I must say that it's still one of the most confusing scripts I've ever worked witj. It's even worse than batbrain :)

Bale

Minion
I must say that it's still one of the most confusing scripts I've ever worked witj.

That's why I thought you might not want to be too closely associated with a script that will get more downloads once I put it on that list. The code is a freakin' nightmare!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well if it comes to that, I think there are several folks who have advanced spooky resistance who might be willing to tolerate a nightmare long enough to help. At the very least, now that it has a SVN home it makes it easier to collaborate and coordinate.

m00g

Thank you to WinterBay, THeraze and Frono for keeping up with this script. I am anxious to see if there are any advantages this script has over Harvest!

One question though, the script aborts with this error:
===============================
Function 'to_effect( effect )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (predicate.ash, line 60)
===============================

I now run the latest hourly build. I"m running the latest predicate.ash, zlib, log_lib and pageCache scripts as well (since they were released in 2009).

Any pointers would be most helpful! Thank you!

m00gam00g.

Theraze

Not sure where predicate.ash is, since I don't have it in my scripts, but wherever it does to_effect($effect[whatever]), just remove the to_effect() around the $effect[whatever]. That was set to be an error... a while ago.

Edit: If you have a problem with a script, posting in its thread will generally get you MUCH better results. And much less confused helpers.

m00g

Thanks Theraze and Bale. I will check out both options. Thank you.

Edit: For any of you in the same boat... I updated canadv.ash. Apparently the new version doesn't call predicate.ash anymore, solving this problem.

(What? Ignoring a problem is sort of solving it >=D I could never be a programmer. I should just leave it to the professionals. . . . or even the amateurs. I should just NOT try. )

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Actually, laziness is the key to being a good programmer. The trick is that you need to be productively lazy — that means figuring out the minimal amount of work that will save you work in the future. If you don't use predicate.ash for anything else, then this saves you work!

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Actually, laziness is the key to being a good programmer. The trick is that you need to be productively lazy — that means figuring out the minimal amount of work that will save you work in the future. If you don't use predicate.ash for anything else, then this saves you work!

the_general_problem.png

Bale

Minion
That last chart is basically the reason that it makes me happy to publish some of my scripts here. Even if I can only save X minutes for myself, I can multiply that by everyone who uses my script and I feel my time was well spent because it saves so much more time if I count the time saved by others as well. Can you imagine how much time I have saved with my OCD script if I count other people's time saved? Well worth every second I spent on it.

Crowther

That last chart is basically the reason that it makes me happy to publish some of my scripts here. Even if I can only save X minutes for myself, I can multiply that by everyone who uses my script and I feel my time was well spent because it saves so much more time if I count the time saved by others as well. Can you imagine how much time I have saved with my OCD script if I count other people's time saved? Well worth every second I spent on it.

:D

m00g

I"m pretty sure you've saved more time in player character hours than there have been player character hours played.

drakmor

Hey, this script looks really cool, and I finally sat down to try it :) However, even though I'm in aftercore, the script keeps trying to spend my turns in the Island battlefield, which doesn't work :/ any ideas? I'm using the current svn version with all other scripts up to date too. Thanks!

Winterbay

Try visiting the island in the relay browser and make sure that all sidequests that you completed are marked with either an F or an H. This should really only happen if Mafia has somehow forgotten which side of the war you did...

Theraze

Yeah... as Winterbay alluded to, mafia only updates its war completed check if you visit the island in the relay browser. Doing so should make it realize that it shouldn't try to farm the battlefield.