Make.meat.fast

Bale

Minion
That looks like a valid, albeit outdated, version of bafh. I was using an origin_clan() function before KoLmafia added et_clan_id() so I could use native functionality.

Winterbay

It is very possible I haven't updated my local copy of Bafh in quite a while and so probably still have origin_clan in it :)

Bale

Minion
I recommend that you simplify your life by adding those functions into the public version of the script. Feel free to copy/paste them from bafh if you add my name as a credit in the comments for whatever you steal.

GGWithrow

Forgive my ignorance, but is there someway I can designate an item never be sold by the script even if its been farmed for?

Winterbay

Yes.
OPen up the script and add it to the "dontsell" map. YOu need to manually edit the script though which may be less than optimal. I could look into changing that to a datafile instead.

Winterbay

r13051 breaks farm.ash due to the new droptype for accordions. I'm aiming to have a fix up soon. Need to get to a svn-able computer first though.

b_pyrite

Apologies if this was somewhere obvious but is there a rundown of what Winterbay's version of the script does? I started looking at it but after a while I went cross-eyed. I searched for the "sim" variable as indicated in the old OP, but it doesn't seem to exist in the svn version of the script. I did notice that the main calls a "simulate farming" function, so if I run this script will it just provide a sim of what it would do, or does it actually try to burn turns? And if it's the latter, how do I make it the former? Again, apologies if this was covered but at 59 pages, I actually did look forward and backward a bit in the thread but the answer to my question didn't jump out at me.

Winterbay

If you call the script with the argument "true" it will just simulate and suggest an area to go to (and just before that print the sorted list of locations to go to in descending meat gathering order).
That said, the script is a mess and I only have a rough clue since I've been poking so much as it as I have :)
ALso, the difference between "my" version and the original is that the SVN version is more sea friendly and have some other small optimisations.

b_pyrite

Cool, thanks for the reply. That worked. =+)

I've been working on my own spreadsheets, but there are so many damn items out there, not to mention mimic farming, that it's been hard to even choose where to start to look. I'm going to play around a bit with this hopefully to get a bit of inspiration.

My first runthough came back with sort of an odd result - it suggests that I farm an absinthe zone mob (the bellhop in the mouldering mansion for his bell, a +20% musc, -20% myst buffing item that goes for around 6k in the mall, but according to coldfront doesn't really have a high market volume throughput). I did a quick search of your script for "absinthe" but didn't come up with any results, so I'm guessing the script doesn't realize that adventuring there technically costs meat to gain access. I suspect I probably won't be farming those, but it's a nice start.

Winterbay

Yeah, the absinthe-zones are a bit of a pain in the bum and not really well handled at the moment. And also the script does not currently take sales volume into account. It probably could but it doesn't :)

You can add zones to avoid by adding entries like
Code:
farm_skip_Knob_Shaft    true
to your <user_name>_vars.txt file in the /data-folder

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
And also the script does not currently take sales volume into account.

CFStat was my attempt to cache sales info (price, volume) from Coldfront so that multiple scripts could share the cache rather than always hammer Coldfront. I'd be more than willing to work with you to make CFStat suitable for both of our purposes or adopt your solution if it is better (as opposed to just different) :)

paronomasiac

I hate to ask what I'm certain is a stupid question, but if I want to adventure in areas that are less safe, do I set my threshold up or down? I could certainly experiment, but thirty minutes of searching this forum later, I haven't found an answer. Everyone apparently already knows except me.

Bale

Minion
Not a stupid question. For this script, the setting to tell it not to be safe is altered by copy/pasting the following line into the CLI:

Code:
zlib farm_staySafe = false

Here's an even better answer, if you look at the beginning of the script farm.ash you'll see some lines that set the variables controlling the scripts behavior. (This is the secret everyone else knows!) Those lines look like this:

Code:
//only recommend areas that you can safely adventure (as decided by zlib.ash)
setvar("farm_staySafe", true);

The line beginning with the double-backslash is a comment explaining the setting.The next line calls setvar to set the variable, the parameters are the name of the setting and its default value. By searching for all instances of "setvar" you can find all the variables that control the script's behavior. Note that altering the script will not change their current values. You need to issue a zlib command to do that (as described in my initial answer) since they are saved "permanently" in your data directory.

Another way to find the variables connected with this script is to issue the following command in the CLI:

Code:
zlib farm

Do that! It's fun and informative!

Last edited:

Winterbay

While that setting is great if you want to avoid all unsafe areas you can also use the threshold setting. The lower the threshold is the less safe you will be forced to be. You can even set it to negative values in order to go to areas you are completely under-moxied for, but in that case you are probably better off just turning off the safety alltogether.

paronomasiac

Oh, very thank you both. I've accepted long ago that scripting is not my forte, but damned if I can't learn enough to understand some of what I'm looking at.