EoD Softcore Ascension Script

Zen00

It will fail on Picky Path at the Black Market because it wants the Reassembled Blackbird familiar, though on picky you only need it in your inventory to work (and it will fail if it's the first time through the black forest without a blackbird as well instead of going ahead and getting the items to make one).

Zen00

Hmm, it opted for overdrinking with Ye Olde Meade, instead of Psychotic Train Wine which is twice as good as the meade. Oh well.

Zen00

Oh yeah, the problem with the no-healing comes from using "ash set_property("EoD_Ascend_Day", "X")" to set the ascension day, then it doesn't set up other properties as well with it.

Zen00

It should probably do the Trapper quest finish before trying to farm The Giant's Castle for meat to buy the forged documents.

My current HP is 81, my max HP is 100 and I will restore from .8. (In this case if HP is less than 80 try and restore it to 100). I put on a fancy new hat and it does +20 to HP. So I have 81 HP, max of 120 and because .8 * 120) is 96 any automated healing is going to kick in. In this case if the healing is done up to 120 then when the hat is removed there were 20 HP restored unnecessarily. Not Zen's example but I have seen this a lot and IIRC there are even a few edge case feature requests still out there that mafia itself not do this when using certain items.

I understand that, but I thought KoLMafia's healing kicked in right before adventuring? So if you are just switching items around, it shouldn't cause a heal. Correct?
Yeah, like that, especially when swapping out costumes for one reason or another whenever you remove the Vicar's Tutu or Hairpiece on Fire you'll lose all the HP/MP from those items, which is a real drain on meat resources early on.
I don't think the script ever takes those off... except in cases where some other item is required, example would be equipping Mohawk for castle.

On day 3 you don't seem to grab a friar blessing. Might as well get one, even if your familiar is level 20 by then.

It uses it for Twin Peak if needed.

It will fail on Picky Path at the Black Market because it wants the Reassembled Blackbird familiar, though on picky you only need it in your inventory to work (and it will fail if it's the first time through the black forest without a blackbird as well instead of going ahead and getting the items to make one).

I captured the abort so it won't fail. What do you mean by "it will fail if it's the first time through the black forest without a blackbird as well instead of going ahead and getting the items to make one"? I was under the impression that the black bird is no longer *needed* to complete that part, only speeds it up. Also, KoLMafia automatically creates it.

Hmm, it opted for overdrinking with Ye Olde Meade, instead of Psychotic Train Wine which is twice as good as the meade. Oh well.

Yeah, that part of the code is hard scripted, so it won't look for anything better. I'll update it some time to make it consider other choices.

Oh yeah, the problem with the no-healing comes from using "ash set_property("EoD_Ascend_Day", "X")" to set the ascension day, then it doesn't set up other properties as well with it.

Yeah, I have an idea how to make it always setup the day one attributes.

It should probably do the Trapper quest finish before trying to farm The Giant's Castle for meat to buy the forged documents.

Not a bad idea, I'll look into it.

Last edited:

Zen00

I mean every time you do the Black Forest quest it checks your terrarium for a Blackbird familiar, if it doesn't find one, then it aborts the script saying, "You don't have a blackbird familiar". So it aborts before it even gets the Black Map (during the pre-quest check to see if you have everything for it), so KoL Mafia doesn't even have the opportunity to make one from found components.

As for the part about picky, I'll add that into the picky variables I make later on. But in general, yeah, it aborts if it doesn't find a blackbird familiar, even on normal no-path ascensions.

Zen00

Yeah, that part of the code is hard scripted, so it won't look for anything better. I'll update it some time to make it consider other choices.

As for part of why it did that, it was because I ran out of enough meat to buy the Fog Murderer which the script normally uses at that point, so the script aborted. Once I sold some junk and manually bought the Fog Murderer, I restarted the script so it could set the end of day variables and such, but instead of drinking the Fog Murderer I now had in my inventory, it went for the meade instead.

As for the part about picky, I'll add that into the picky variables I make later on. But in general, yeah, it aborts if it doesn't find a blackbird familiar, even on normal no-path ascensions.

I see, you are right and I fixed it. It will no longer abort due to that.

Zen00

If you restart the script while in the middle of the duck quest, but after having sent them all off to the back fields, it will pull another chaos butterfly anyways.

Zen00

Tries to use sing to burn turns while doing the goblins, but you don't have that skill in picky. Change it to use dictionairy/magnet if you have funk sling.

Zen00

On day 4 it doesn't get Corsican's blessing for training up your leprechaun, it should grab it right before doing the ducks I think.

Zen00

In order to limit the amount of need to heal (due to the unavoidable special attacks from high level monsters), once you hit level 13 it should probably stop running ML, as it's no longer needed, probably even at level 12. Instead the gear should kit out for item/meat drops at that point.

On day 4 it doesn't get Corsican's blessing for training up your leprechaun, it should grab it right before doing the ducks I think.

That is a good idea, changed it.

As for the ducks, not sure there is a good fix for that. Just don't abort there ;).

The fix for the junkyard isn't that optimal as one could not have a dictionary...I could go with Spectre scepter?

I'll think about the ML. Not sure if I would be comfortable stopping at level 12 because it would be awfully annoying to lose turns due to not getting level 13. The small meat price seems worth.

Zen00

Well, part of your script is picking up the dictionary for the Bridge anyways, so anyone using your script will have the dictionary, but yeah, seal tooth works too.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would not be surprised if Jick eventually changes the dictionary like he did fat stacks of cash, to make them not usable for extending combat (since it's a source of 0 damage instead of 1 damage).

Zen00

Another replacement, actually a better and cheaper option, for the gin mint would be pulling a grimstone mask, going to the Stepmother adventure, collecting the silver coin from each room, then spending those coins to obtain 2 expensive champagne, usable at level 4 and gives more adventures than the gin mint did and more stats total. Plus some MP as a bonus to cover the cost of Ode to Booze so you can cast it especially for drinking them.

Last edited:

Stonecat

When I ran the script, I first got the message "fizzy invigorating tonic is not implemented" and the script stopped. So I filled up my MP by buying tonic from Doc Galactic. Then when I ran the script again, it keeps trying to adventure in the Spooky Forest but says "nothing more to do here" and now keeps getting caught in an infinite loop whenever I run the Day 1 script.

Any ideas as to what I should do? Many thanks!