EoD Softcore Ascension Script

QVamp

Ah... thank you. I couldn't figure out any way I could lose that skill, but since that was the first time I used this script, I wasn't sure if there was something I didn't know about.

Bale

Minion
The KoL revamp has made it impossible for an old version of mafia to buy stuff from NPCs. It has nothing to do with the script.

That's why mafia had a new point release yesterday. Update KoLmafia.

Montheo

I have deicded to try and use this script after having it forever. I am receiving an error using Kolmafia v16.8 r 154000. also after the error I ran svn update to make sure everything was up to date. Just updated mafia tonight as well.

> call scripts/EoD SC Ascension/EoDSCDay1.ash

Function 'entryway( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 6101)

> svn update

Updating all SVN projects...
zekaonar-0-PVPBestGear is at HEAD (r7)
therazekolmafia-canadv is at HEAD (r52)
bale-new-life is at HEAD (r31)
eodscascension-0 is at HEAD (r53)
therazekolmafia-thesea is at HEAD (r39)
mafia-harvest is at HEAD (r23)
mafiachit is at HEAD (r210)
mafiarecovery is at HEAD (r17)
mafia-harvest-data is at HEAD (r4)
winterbay-mafia-farm is at HEAD (r16)
bale-relay-campground is at HEAD (r80)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-auto_mushroom-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
bale-ocd is at HEAD (r28)
winterbay-mafia-sushi is at HEAD (r4)
wrldwzrd89-mafia-scripts-trunk-pandamonium-quest is at HEAD (r7)
bumcheekascend-bumcheekascend is at HEAD (r554)
slimetube is at HEAD (r7)
psychoseamatic is at HEAD (r12)
bumcheekascend-bumpork is at HEAD (r554)
winterbay-mafia-autobasement is at HEAD (r34)
slyz-nemesis is at HEAD (r7)
bestbetweenbattle is at HEAD (r19)
clilinks is at HEAD (r5)
guyymafia-porkfuture is at HEAD (r163)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-enhanced_inventory_spoilers-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-fax_tell-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
fluxxdog-coding-trunk-superdrinks is at HEAD (r8)
bumcheekascend-snapshot is at HEAD (r554)
batbrain is at HEAD (r56)
formhtml is at HEAD (r1)
bale-relay-manor_unlockInfo is at HEAD (r80)
winterbay-mafia-wham is at HEAD (r41)
autobhh is at HEAD (r1)
bale-counterchecker is at HEAD (r19)
smartstasis is at HEAD (r18)
kolmafiascripts-cfstat is at HEAD (r2)
zlib is at HEAD (r24)
rlbond86-mafia-scripts-bounty_hunter_helper-trunk is at HEAD (r37)
kolmafiascripts-shop is at HEAD (r8)
therazekolmafia-eatdrink is at HEAD (r25)
guyymafia-spacetripper is at HEAD (r163)
Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release is at HEAD (r229)
Checking for working copy modifications...
M /home/smasherton/.kolmafia/svn/winterbay-mafia-farm/scripts/farm.ash
Synchronizing with local copies...
Sync complete.
Requests complete.

Bale

Minion
Function 'entryway( )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 6101)

Took a look at the script to verify your problem. Yup. It's right there in EoDSCAscendFunctions on line 6101 of the current version. (And several other related problems on other lines as well!)

You did nothing wrong. EoD needs to uppate the script to deal with the changes to the Naughty Sorceress which happened a month and a half ago.

Those other people who are using this script must have edited out those problems so I'll let them give you advice since I don't use it.

Last edited:

Zen00

I'm still working on this, I'm just running a lot of different scenarios that should hopefully allow me to upgrade the script to do 3-day stuff. Plus I'm writing another script (Space Quest) and other things.

Zen00

Put a lot of work into it today, I believe that most of the Day 1 revamp is done. I also deleted all reference to the now unnecessary Dungeons of Doom and all the old NS content. Added support for Cubelings and will be adding in Daily Dungeon and such soon. Revamped moon sign and the obtaining of meat cars, tinkerers and such that go with it (unlock Degrassi instead of the sub-par gnomes). Updated the friars quest to use NC/fire resist gear, rather than item find gear which it previously was using, which should speed up the quest. Moved a lot of things around, and in general am preparing it for one day adding 3-day ascension support (once you have most of the top 30 skills you should be able to do it).

Montheo

Hey Zen00. Thanks for your hard work on revising the script. I was wondering if you were still going to post your updates for others to make, or if you were going to re-upload your version

Kodazzle

I have deicded to try and use this script after having it forever. I am receiving an error using Kolmafia v16.8 r 154000. also after the error I ran svn update to make sure everything was up to date. Just updated mafia tonight as well.

> call scripts/EoD SC Ascension/EoDSCDay1.ash

I'm getting this as well, I'm using KoLmafia v16.9 r15782

I tried this on an alt today and ran into the tower revamp stuff. After commenting that stuff out, I ended up seeing that my settings kept getting overwritten. Would it be possible for you to change to using zlib for variable storage? That not only will not continually overwrite settings settings, but will allow multiple characters to use the same script.

Also, does 100% automated not include consumption? I was surprised to see it run out of turns, and to see EoDEatFast.ash fail.

Lastly, this keeps hitting Beaten Up. It does not seem to be quite 'grab and run', which is fine, but the first post doesn't really outline what requirements I may be missing on my alt to get it to run smoothly.

Edit: I should also say that despite these, it did do more of Day 1 than I remember bumcheekascend.ash doing on this character, so there's positive too!

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
After commenting that stuff out, I ended up seeing that my settings kept getting overwritten. Would it be possible for you to change to using zlib for variable storage? That not only will not continually overwrite settings settings, but will allow multiple characters to use the same script.

Updating the settings in the SVN copy and then using "svn sync" to copy the changes over will avoid that issue.

Update: Got to day 4 of the script (the consumption issues seem to be rooted in using spleen items instead of chewing them.) Hit an issue with Staff of Ed.

There seem to be two issues here. The first is that it uses i_a("staff of ed") to determine if Staff of Ed is available. This (and item_amount($item[Staff of Ed])) return 0, presumably due to Actually Ed and all that. The second is that "find 1 staff of ed" fails, probably the same underlying cause. I'll copy the appropriate bits from bumcheekascend.ash, just figured I'd catalog the issues my alt hits as they get hit.

Edit: There's a similar issue with the MacGuffin.

Last edited: