EoD Softcore Ascension Script

Winterbay

This is the type of thing that Jick complains about out-of-control mafia scripts doing, and then asks if there's a way that mafia can stop scripts from doing that...

Given that I've tried to set up that choice adventure several times and always have it do odd things to me I wonder if it is me being confused or if the interface is confusing and have a possibility for clarification.

Given that I've tried to set up that choice adventure several times and always have it do odd things to me I wonder if it is me being confused or if the interface is confusing and have a possibility for clarification.

I've ran into the same issue. I've worked on it before too and thought this time around I had been clever enough to not get caught in its easy-to-get-caught-in endless loop. I suppose Ill just handle the choice adventure without KoL auto chioce. Visit snarfblat, if fight.php run_combat, else parse the page, look at what things are available, visit each choice via url. No endless loop ;).

Actually, looking at the code I can't really understand why/how it got in an endless loop.
Code:
set_property("choiceAdventure923", 1); // main choice
set_property("choiceAdventure924", 1); // bushes - 1 is fight, 2 is cobbler
      while (i_a("blackberry galoshes") < 1) {
		if (i_a("blackberry") < 3) {
		      print("Getting blackberries for the blackberry galoshes.", "blue");
		     adventure(1, $location[The Black Forest]);
	        }
	         else {
		       set_property("choiceAdventure924", 2);
			print("Looking for the cobbler.", "blue");
			adventure(1, $location[The Black Forest]);
		}
	        if (to_int(get_property("blackForestProgress" )) == 5)
			break;
		}
}

My guess is I thought I had 3 blackberries when I didn't? Zen, posting some of the session log before this might clue me into what is going on.

This is the type of thing that Jick complains about out-of-control mafia scripts doing, and then asks if there's a way that mafia can stop scripts from doing that...
I try my best to prevent such cases happening.... Maybe a solution to this could be to have KoLMafia keep track how many choice.phps its been to in a row? Then if its been more than 10-15 or whatever it auto aborts? I suppose this solution would have problems with things like mining? If that is a choice.php...

I was chatting in Hardcore earlier today, and while many people think Bumcheeks ascension script is "terrible", your script is described as being "cheap-skate, but works fine". So consider yourself complimented or something. :p

Haha, I am not sure what "cheap-skate" means... and I am surprised people would consider it as working fine since I didn't update it for nearly a year >_> but I guess Ill take it as a compliment :D. Actually, I am more surprised that people even know about it....

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Looks like the script gets to The Blackberry Cobbler (choice 177) and then backs out instead of buying galoshes.

Haha, I am not sure what "cheap-skate" means...
It means that a consumable that costs 20k is too expensive to go on the pull list for more turngen, for example. That discussion already happened in G-D, though.

Winterbay

I was chatting in Hardcore earlier today, and while many people think Bumcheeks ascension script is "terrible", your script is described as being "cheap-skate, but works fine". So consider yourself complimented or something. :p

I wonder if it is a sign that I'm terrible at the game (from an optimisation pov that is probably true) since BCA does at least as well as, if not better than, me every time :)

Looks like the script gets to The Blackberry Cobbler (choice 177) and then backs out instead of buying galoshes.

I thought choice 177 was the old Blackberry Cobbler choice? I also have
Code:
 set_property("choiceAdventure928", 4); // shoes from cobbler
I just didn't add all the choices because there were 6 or so...
Edit: You might be right Lost, the wiki has both 177 and 928 for the Cobbler adventure. I guess Ill just set both lol.

Edit: Actually, I missed the part that he was trying to get an adder bladder. I will just set the choices to fight the bushes before getting the bladder to circumvent any possible looping.

It means that a consumable that costs 20k is too expensive to go on the pull list for more turngen, for example. That discussion already happened in G-D, though.

I suppose that is true, but people could add in whatever items they feel like taking.... Honestly tho, I didn't see a point in taking more turngen when I don't think I could do a 3 day ascension and it already does 4 fine.
I wonder if it is a sign that I'm terrible at the game (from an optimisation pov that is probably true) since BCA does at least as well as, if not better than, me every time

Haha its okay WinterBay, my script ascends me twice as fast as I have ever done :(

Last edited:

Zen00

Okay, starting a new ascension, AT on Picky Path. #1 thing you don't get the class moxie starting skill, so that doesn't get applied, alright. But it doesn't seem to handle purchasing Moxious Madrigal AT skills yet. Anyways, found a new endless loop, mafia loop though so yeah.

Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
We are going to get 1 observational glasses at The Laugh Floor.
You ran out of adventures, how sad :(
We are going to get 5 cans of imp air at The Laugh Floor.
You ran out of adventures, how sad :(
Taking off Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion...
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best score 885.31
Wielding Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion...
Equipment changed.
Getting Azazel's lollipop
Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best score 885.31
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Somewhat Poisoned, uneffect Somewhat Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I get Hardly Poisoned at All, uneffect Hardly Poisoned at All
Set mood trigger: When I get A Little Bit Poisoned, uneffect A Little Bit Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I get Really Quite Poisoned, uneffect Really Quite Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I get Majorly Poisoned, uneffect Majorly Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I get Toad In The Hole, uneffect Toad In The Hole
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 10 hair spray
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Mind control device already at 10
We are going to get 1 observational glasses at The Laugh Floor.

It also seems to have forgotten to grab 5 bus passes. Possibly due to the run out of adventures? Not likely since that happened during the air cans. I was actually level 7 at the time this happened yet it didn't check if I could eat anything else to gain more adventures at this point. Though I'm glad it doesn't kind of, as if it did and started eating crappy food instead of letting me choose that tempura I mention pulling later, I'd not have even gotten to this quest on day 1.

If you start up the script again after manually getting the Steel Margarita, the script doesn't properly check for the item/skill and trys to keep adventuring in pandemonium.

Anyways, just barely ran out of adventures before hitting level 6, so I pulled a Tempura vegetable with the spare pull that gave me just enough moxie to hit level 6 so I could pie. Actually those tempura veggies are just under the 20k item value limit, so you might include them in general as they can be eaten at level 4 and round out that 14/15 eating nicely.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have already went through and added returns to the whiles if out of adventures, just haven't pushed it yet.

What happened was you got the steel margarita, but didn't eat it. I didn't have a check for that condition. Fixed that.

If you try to do something like picky, you are going to have to add in better consumables.

Skills are implemented, I just don't have it getting them... Like, there is a function that will buy them but I don't have checks to buy certain skills. Once I finish my SC Ascension checklist script (it is ~95% complete), I am going to make a relay script for the variables and one of the options will be to choose which skills you'd like it to buy. This would also eliminate your variables getting changed by the script being updated.

Zen00

Oh yeah, forgot about that. :p

Anyways, trying to figure out what to replace it with so I can update the script to be Picky compliant.

If I was you, I'd rename the VARS to PICKYVARS or something like that, comment out the current import in the ascendfunctions and import your renamed vars. Then change the items it pulls. It is a huge mess in there tho :(

If you don't already use Notepad++ with a custom defined language, I'd highly recommend it.

Zen00

Anyways, best thing I can come up with is the Tempura Avocado, and just filling up the 2 missing drunk points with whatever booze comes to hand, Cobbs Knob Wurbrusts (however it's spelled) are handy from when getting the guard outfit. Also had to re-arrange some quests due to the lack of low level moxie from the Gin Mint. Put off doing the Haunted Kitchen till after I'd managed to get the harem and guard outfit, and took off the Hand in Glove while killing the Knob Goblin King (but kept the MCD at 7 for the item), got the guard outfit before doing the king instead of after for that little bit more XP, and ran with an XP familiar the whole time instead of item familiar.

As it was, barely was able to pass the level 6 bump, in the future I'll have to look at some of those item pulls to see if I can optimize it a bit. As this is a test run, it's not so important right now. I'm going to be farming anyways at the mining camp for a few days before finishing this run, since those molds are so profitable.

Zen00

I think I might try replacing the Gin Mint with an Aye Aye, Captain. However there's only a couple of those for 6k meat so it's kind of a temporary stop-gap.

Zen00

I think I've figured out an alternative Day 1 meal plan, using a Corpsetini at level 5, and then two Mae Wests at level 6. This also leaves space for you to pull one more item, either a 1 food item or a 3 spleen item.

Zen00

One thing that needs to happen is the gear changing/healing need to be more intelligently applied, because there are times you put on gear for one little thing, and it changes your HP so you go through the whole business of healing yourself, but then you take it right back off again so you lose all that HP you just bought, and all that meat you spent with it.

You could post an example Zen? I think the healing is set at .8 or so of max hp. Changing one piece of gear shouldn't trigger the healing unless healing was required for some reason.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
My current HP is 81, my max HP is 100 and I will restore from .8. (In this case if HP is less than 80 try and restore it to 100). I put on a fancy new hat and it does +20 to HP. So I have 81 HP, max of 120 and because .8 * 120) is 96 any automated healing is going to kick in. In this case if the healing is done up to 120 then when the hat is removed there were 20 HP restored unnecessarily. Not Zen's example but I have seen this a lot and IIRC there are even a few edge case feature requests still out there that mafia itself not do this when using certain items.

Zen00

Yeah, like that, especially when swapping out costumes for one reason or another whenever you remove the Vicar's Tutu or Hairpiece on Fire you'll lose all the HP/MP from those items, which is a real drain on meat resources early on.

Zen00

On day 3 you don't seem to grab a friar blessing. Might as well get one, even if your familiar is level 20 by then.