bumcheekcity's Ultimate Manipulating Relay Appropriating Technical Substance

Isvarka

It's a bUMRATS bug. I should have checked for ajax=1 in the URL and not applied the patch if so. Hold on, I'll spin a patch.

Eidt: Patch to fix that, as well as a "settings" page to come soon. Couple of days, tops.

Hey, out of curiosity, did you ever get a chance to look at that bug? I noticed you edited the OP a while ago, but I'm not seeing any change in the uploaded files, so wasn't sure if you had posted the fix and I just missed it or whether you hadn't had a chance to work on it yet.
Thanks.

DuckAndCower

Any idea why I'm receiving the error "Begin index -1 out of bounds (bUMRATSv0.5.ash, line 495)"?

I'm running the most recent version of Mafia.

icon315

@DuckAndCower Could you give more information on your situation
@BCC Hey could you add the feature to edit whether the certain things are used?

DuckAndCower

Version 14.3 r8821

For what it's worth, I've never installed any other relay thingamajigs.

The actual line in question is:

string select = substring(results, index_of(results, "<select "), index_of(results, "</select>"));

In the section whose comment is "//Now get the drop-down of relay_*.ash scripts."

Oh, as for the actual situation, it seems like bUMRATS isn't really doing anything it's supposed to. The top pane is changed, but none of the extras like the inventory mods seem to be in effect. Also, the "Settings" link doesn't do anything at all.

Ah, also notably the relay script dropdown doesn't appear.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Do you have any GM scripts?

@BCC
sewer no more exist "There was never a sewer in Seaside Town."

What do you mean?

And DuckandCover, I'm unable to replicate your problem. Is it on every page load, or only certain ones, or what? The drop down may be forced down. Perhaps check by increasingthe size of your toppane?

Theraze

Also, DuckandCover, are you trying to use this as a relay script (following BCC's directions) or just trying to run it as a script?

DuckAndCower

Yeah, I think I've installed it properly. I put the v.5 file in the Relay folder, ran the "set masterRelayOverride = bUMRATSv0.5.ash" line in the Graphical CLI, and made sure that the Relay Override setting was checked in Preferences.

As far as when the error occurs, it shows up in the Graphical CLI when I first open the relay browser.

icon315

What do you mean?
I mean you should remove the sewer link

EDIT: I just got an idea, why not have some sort of external html file saved on another website, which mafia imports and puts on the page, that way you can keep updating and we won't have to re -download. sort of like real time updating

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I'm going to start work back on this script after CRIMBCO and some other RL stuff has cleared. So far, I have:

- Remove "sewer" link. The sewer is dead! Long live the chewing-gum-on-a-string!
- Clanhop option in the topmenu.
- Add links to the right/wrong side of the tracks to correspond to the other side's stuff.
- Lets you know what monster you have just recieved from the fax machine.

I'm a little unhappy with the topmenu, I feel there's more to be done with it. I'd like to remove everywhere that directly goes to adventure.php but am willing to listen to suggestions as to how to manage it at all.

bumcheekcity

I fear drop downs would take up too much space - I've removed a few links and done what I can, also adding a quick-clanhop to the topmenu. I'd like to add faxbot support there too ASAP.

Add links to the right/wrong side of the tracks to correspond to the other side's stuff.

Why not have both pages simply return the same widescreen page containing both sides of the track? Would be pretty nifty (just... remove the hop URL from the track itself).

Not sure if it would be -too- wide though... hrmph.