bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

GValko

This pretty much says all you have to know about one of the admins involved in the discussion. It's a shame, there are some people there that actually do care.

Oh and thank you bumcheek, I'm going to try out this script now.

bumcheekcity

This makes me sad.

I defended you because it seems like they were being hypocritical: it's OK for such-and-such an admin to have 180 ascensions worth of ascension history posted (with a comment to the effect that if you didn't like it, tough, since it was intended for his own benefit, not for your viewing pleasure), but people using your templates were clogging up the Wiki with non-Wiki-related stuff which nobody would be interested in seeing, anyway and therefore the templates should be "nuked from orbit" and/or people using them should be "warned" and then "banned."

I hoped to get it all resolved amicably - not to intentionally antagonize people by "trolling". If that's what you did, I am now sorry that I defended you.

No, you were right, Veracity. I was just annoyed at their hypocricy, but getting arsey wasn't the right way. I think I managed to get my point across without deliberately getting peoples backs up.

Last edited:

Terrabull

I agree w/ Veracity bumcheeky, your latest post on the forums was not very helpful. I defended you and your project in a similar way.
Trolling is never an appropriate answer.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

So do I. It was poor form and I've apologised. I should apologise to you too - sorry. I've had a crappy day and I was angry. We're all human and that was certainly a mistake and counterproductive. Hopefully they'll accept my apology and we can all calm down.

Last edited:

Terrabull

So I'm up on your site now. As usually, here is my obligatory bug report.

Edit: The hilarious recurring problem where it doesn't detect bookshelf skills has been fixed.
No, no it hasn't. However, it IS still hilarious.

I have some parts of Slime Tube skills, but none permed, perhaps remove the "X/10" counter and just put whether or not it is permed?
Hobo tattoo still says 19/19 w/ a gray background.
War medals still just state which ones you have, not how many of each you have. (Although this is super helpful, I hate digging through my inventory to see which medals I still need.)
I would prefer to re-organize my area, not be forced into that one layout. For example, trophies are more interesting to me than skills, and I would like those first.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would prefer to re-organize my area, not be forced into that one layout. For example, trophies are more interesting to me than skills, and I would like those first.

I was just hoping to remove some sections completely, looks like the script can't be edited to do that.

Edit: "Gnomish Hardigness" is misspelled "Gnomish Hardiness" in the data file. And I don't see campground.php in the script at all, so I don't see how the bookshelf skills could possibly show up in the script.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

No, when I say "fixed", I mean "I fixed it on my version" not "I uploaded a change". And it uses showplayer.php for the bookshelf skills.

The script can't be modified easily, but I COULD let you choose the order of included sections via a string. "1234567" would be as it is now, but "3124567" would put trophies first, for example. "67" would give you only Hobopolis and Slime Tube, etc. Does this sound like a good way of customising your layout?

Similarly, I could allow you to choose between War Medals showing just whether you have them or not, or how many you have. I'd then store your "settings" on the server and give you ridimentry control over the layout.

Terrabull

That customization is fine, although possibly overcomplicated.
It would also be acceptable to have check boxes or number boxes on the php page you could set.

bumcheekcity

Yes, you're right about showplayer.php - I'll have to append campground.php to the HTML and test that.

It's going to be substantially easier to change your profile settings on the website itself. Big question is, there's essentially no way of making that secure without a user/password system. I think I'm just going to have no passwords, and imagine it won't be that much of a deal. I can't imagine people being so massively interested in changing the layout of others' profiles.

Edit: http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profilesetup.php - the war medals is not yet working, but you can change the order of your profile at will.

Edit: Summary:
- You can change the order and/or exclude sections at will.
- War medals can be listed by quantity.
- I added the red back for unobtainable trophies.
- I fixed the hobo tattoo check. I think. I don't have the hobo tattoo, so I'll need confirmation.

The new version of the script is just for making sure everything is absolutely correct before release. Should nobody have any suggestions or changes or anything else they wish to alert me to before the day is up, I'll release version 1.0-beta as version 1.0.

Last edited:

Terrabull

New version of the script won't run, it keeps telling me there is a new version.

EDIT: Oh wait, no it works, just prints the error.

EDIT2: Okay, I like it. I just rearranged my page to suit my preferences, and it worked w/o a flaw. I don't think I see any missing skills or misplaced colors anymore. I only have one really small feature I would like to add. When it prints out your link, can it give you a link to your config screen?

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Yeah. I hate that sodding error - I saw it every single time I ever ran the script - because of course as soon as I uploaded a new version, I bumped the version number of the one I was currently working on. But yeah, I'll print out a link to the config page as well. I think it's finally at a stage where I can release it to people not on the mafia forums, as a finished piece of work.

natnit

Some thoughts/concerns:

*I have a couple complete outfits (with no tattoo) in Hagnk's, including El Vibrato and Slime Suit. These don't show up as yellow on the page like they used to in previous versions.
*It is not listing the following skills that I have: moxious madrigal, ode to booze (guessing this has to do with prepending "the" at the beginning of skill names)
*All tome/grimoire skills are working well
*It says "Hobo Tattoo /19", might want to stick a 0 in there rather than a blank

Otherwise, great work as always. Thanks for the script!

bumcheekcity

I'll double-check why the outfits aren't showing as yellow. And the Moxious/Ode problem can be fixed by re-uploading the data file, which I've done. And there's now a '0' there.

Norah

This is really awesome - thanks! This is really helpful for someone like me who is very, very bad at paying attention to what I do and don't have.

A tiny note: Vestments of the Treeslayer is spelled wrong ("Vestements" vs. "vestments").

Muhandes

I just started to use your script, admittedly mainly because I was asked to remove my manual page from the wiki, and I must say I'm sorry I didn't do so before. It works very well and provides the type of information I was working hard to manually collect. I truly appreciate the work you are putting into it.

I'm not sure how many other people do this, but I also use my wiki user page to track my discovered recipes. I think this could easily be automated as well. I'd love to see such functionality.

(On a separate note, another thing I track is my IotM collection. This might be harder mainly because when I have a skill or familiar I consider this as if I have the IotM. Again, I'm not sure if this has any wider use.)

Grotfang

Developer
(On a separate note, another thing I track is my IotM collection. This might be harder mainly because when I have a skill or familiar I consider this as if I have the IotM. Again, I'm not sure if this has any wider use.)

I too would appreciate this, although if it's going to seriously increase work or server load, it's not worth it. They aren't sufficiently hard enough to follow manually to be worth a real effort.

Muhandes

Another minor suggestion: background red for Crimborg Assault Armor and Snowman Suit if you don't have them. They are no longer obtainable.

bumcheekcity

Thanks for your input - I will be including an IotM collection, ascension rewards collection (Stainless/Plexi/Brimstone) in version 1.2.

Collections will come after my exams end :D