bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

bumcheekcity

Yes, but not until after my exams :D

Version 1.1 out now. Adds telescope checking, ascension reward checking, fixes a few bugs, and stuff.

GValko

2 other q's

Are you going to move the Trader/Crimbo stuff from "other" to "class" and will there be an upgrades to the telescope display. Took me a few minutes to find the little "1234567".

bumcheekcity

No and yes. I might have a tweak of the skills page, but to be honest, it's fine as it is. And yes, I'll take suggestions from people as to how everyone wants the telescope display managed.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Are you going to move the Trader/Crimbo stuff from "other" to "class"

The crimbo skills barely make sense as class skills. Sure, the skill books were only buyable by that class, but they can be used and permed as any class. It seems weird to me when mafia mentions those as an unpermed skill of that class before I ascend when it isn't also mentioning things like hodgman's skills.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It seems weird to me when mafia mentions those as an unpermed skill of that class before I ascend when it isn't also mentioning things like hodgman's skills.
It's going by skill numbers.

Seal Clubber skills are 1000-1999
Turtle Tamer skills are 2000-2999
Accordion Thief Skills are 6000-6999

---

Holiday Weight Gain is 1024.
Jingle Bells is 2025.
Cringle's Curative Carol is 6027

... so, KoL itself classifies the Crimbo skills as "class" skills.

Similarly, Käsesoßesturm is 4023, which is in the Sauceror range.

Regarding Hodgeman's skills: I'm surprised. I've permed all four of them, so cannot easily test, but I don't recall anything strange about them.

Bale

Minion
The crimbo skills barely make sense as class skills. Sure, the skill books were only buyable by that class, but they can be used and permed as any class. It seems weird to me when mafia mentions those as an unpermed skill of that class before I ascend when it isn't also mentioning things like hodgman's skills.

Each of the Crimbo skills is themed to a particular class as well as only being purchasable by that class.

• Holiday Weight Gain: Seal Clubber
    Not particularly SC-ish, but is a HP buff
  • Jingle Bells: Turtle Tamer
    Buffs familiar, requires turtle totem or Epic weapon
  • Candyblast: Pastamancer
    Spell attack with food
  • Surge of Icing: Sauceror
    Spell attack with stream of sauce
  • Stealth Mistletoe: Disco Bandit
    Boosts Disco Bandit deleveling skills
  • Cringle's Curative Carol: Accordion Thief
    AT buff, requires an accordion and a song slot
These skills all relate to their class and in some cases require a class weapon to cast. Are they really as irrelevant to class as the Hodgman skills?

Last edited:

RobN

First -- awesome! I really like it! Good work all around!! I'd make this paragraph longer, but it would really be more of the same -- just remember I personally give this paragraph more importance than the next.

Secondly...

Would it be possible to add something for recipe tracking, like Rinn's discoveries.ash script does?

Let me second this (although I didn't know there's a script out there already, I guess I need to do some hunting if you don't add it yourself).

bumcheekcity

What? Oh, and I started work on the discoveries bit today. Could someone who has a jewellrycrafting recipe tell me what the URL for the jewellery page is? Oh, and I'm taking suggestions as to the best way to present the discoveries on the user page.

Last edited:

squeegee mcdoo

Potentially new Mafia user here... snapshot 1.1 buggy? Getting an error on load that says "Begin index -1 out of bounds (line 357)"

I don't have a telescope, but perhaps it has something to do with me currently being in Bad Moon? Dunno.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Ah. I suspect that since you're in Bad Moon, it is refusing to allow snapshot to load your telescope information so the usual check fails completely. That's somewhat unfortunate since it means that using the script will always give bad telescope information for anyone who has a telescope, but tries to use the script in Bad Moon.

I guess that when the script is fixed to not fail in Bad Moon, the best option would be to not change existing telescope information on bumcheekcity's server in that case.

bumcheekcity

Oh feck. I'll sort this out in 1.2. My exams end on Thursday, at which point there will be discoveries checking and this Bad Moon/scope bug fixed.

Edit: Also, I've been told of a bug from Pantsless: "It thinks I have done 90% runs with both the Teddy Bear and the Evil Teddy Bear, when I've actually only done the evil one.". I really should learn to code properly.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

A version 1.2 beta has been uploaded. It's VERY beta, but does have limited initial support for discoveries which are 10, 11, 12 and 13 for cocktailcrafting, cooking, meatpasting and smithing. I have absolutely no idea how to lay out the discoveries yet, so I'm awaiting input and suggestions.

Example: http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profile.php?u=bumcheekcity

Edit: Oh, and if you DO use it, you'll get a bunch of errors about needing to update. Goes without saying that you should ignore them :D

Last edited:

Muhandes

I use my wiki user page for undiscovered items. The way I preferred it is to list the items not discovered, since the discovered items is just a huge meaningless list, which is available in-game anyway. You can see how it looks here.

Edit: Also, do you want bugs reported on the discoveries feature, or is it too beta?

Last edited: