bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

bumcheekcity

That's interesting. So for the Slime Tube instance, instead of printing the whole table, I'd just print:

{{Snapshot/SlimeTube|1||1|1||||1}}

Obviously with 1's where relevant.

Thankyou for this suggestion, this will severely reduce the size of the script. Might take a couple of days though, watch this space :D

*Oh, and anyone, please feel free to continue with the feature requests.*

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Template:Snapshot

I may take you up on that offer. I've made 6 templates (well, you made one, but there are 6 templates). Generally speaking, the template is not the problem, they all seem to work. My issue is that there's a problem with the tattoos. Everything else will either never change (Slime Tube, Hobopolis), or additions will be added sequentially (Skills, Familiars, Trophies).

But with the tattoos (they're listed by name), more will eventually be added, but they'll have to be put in the middle of the tattoos list.

Also, I'm having massive problems with Zarqon's map to ash script. I figured if I'm using these templates, I don't have to have all the maps included in the ASH file, but mafia's int and float problems are playing up. But I think what I'm going to do is wait for mafia to fix it's problems it's having with integers and whatnot, and sort out the wiki templates, THEN have the script produce what I need.

Edit: Essentially, I could fix this just by using the old method and manually entering the array data. I think I'll do this. New version out between Christmas and New Year. It'll print a hell of a lot less :D

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
... but mafia's int and float problems are playing up. But I think what I'm going to do is wait for mafia to fix it's problems it's having with integers and whatnot,
I assume you are reporting every one of the problems you are having on the bug report section, right?

Because otherwise, we have no clue about what problems you are having and will not be changing any code...

bumcheekcity

You assume absolutely incorrectly because I thought I did but then I worked on the Wiki code and forgot about the errors. So I'll report it now :D

Terrabull

But with the tattoos (they're listed by name), more will eventually be added, but they'll have to be put in the middle of the tattoos list.

Just because you display them in a certain order doesn't mean you have to submit the variables in that order. It is perfectly acceptable to do this:

{{#if:{{{1}}}|(stuff)
{{#if:{{{12}}}|(stuff)
{{#if:{{{2}}}|(stuff)

While perhaps a bit confusing, it will work.

bumcheekcity

Sweet. Well, I'll see how it goes. I think the problem with Zarqon's map thing may have been that I am an idiot. There's a lot of that going around when I program. I'm still having problems with the templates though. Could you have a look at them? (Link 4 posts above).

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You assume absolutely incorrectly because I thought I did but then I worked on the Wiki code and forgot about the errors. So I'll report it now.
Ah. So your file_to_map problem was "KoLmafia having problems with ints and floats"?
I'm sure you MEANT to say "KoLmafia having a problem when you give it a bogus data file?"
Or even "KoLmafia doing what I told it to do, which is not what I wanted, but I didn't understand how to tell it to do what I wanted."

;)

bumcheekcity

No, I am not at fault, I shall explain why immediatel... AARGH LOOK OVER THERE A BADGER

*runs*

Don't be mean, I work in PHP. I'm not used to having to declare a type, or properly declaring a function, or not being able to divide a string by an integer, or a float by a string, or a boolean by a float or whatever, or having to define an array or fill it properly or parse anything or declare a record or not be able to evaluate a string or int as a boolean or actually do any proper programming whatsoever.

So it's PHP's fault, not mine :p

bumcheekcity

Just uploaded v0.8, which prints something like:

{{Snapshot/Skills||||||||||||||||||1||||||1||1|||||2|||||||1|1|1|1|1|||1|||||||||1|||||1||||||1||2|1|1|||||1||||1|1||||1|1||||||1|1|1|||1|1|1|1|1||1|1||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||1||||||||||1||1|1|||||||1|1|1|1|1}}
{{Snapshot/Tattoos|1|1||1|1||1|1||1|||1|1||1|1||1|1|||||||||||1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1||||1|1|1||1||1|1|1|1|1||||1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1||1||1|1|1|1|1|1|||||1|1|1|1|1|||1|1|1|1|1||1|1|1|1|1||1}}
{{Snapshot/Trophies|1|1|1|1||1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1||1|||||||||1||1||||1|||||1|1||1|||||||||1||||||||1||1||1|||||||1||||||||||||||||}}
{{Snapshot/Familiars|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1||||||1|||||1|1|1||1|||||||||1|1|1|1|||1||||1|1||||1|1|1|1|||1|||1|1|1||||||1|1|1|1|||1||1|1|||||||1||1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|1|||1|1}}
{{Snapshot/Hobopolis|1|1|1|1|||1||1|1|1|1}}
{{Snapshot/SlimeTube|1|1|1|1|||1||1|1|1|1}}
{{Snapshot/War_Medals||||1|1|1|||||1|1|1|1|}}

So it should be easier to use and change. It's been a massive change, so let me know if anything's going crazy, although I think I got most things.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I just ran this script on bmaher, you can see the results at http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/User:Lostcalpolydude . Light yellow for P and light green for HP seem a bit close in color to me, but that's just a cosmetic thing. The output says I have Snowclone when I don't. It's missing Gnomish Hardigness (P), stickers, party favors, and rainbow gravitation. My skills are publicly viewable if you want to look at that.

For trophies that can't be obtained any more, could some color like red be used to differentiate them from the blank that indicates you still need to get them?

For familiars, I have done several 100% runs, and none of them are showing up (including the black cat, which was even 100% when I went through the gash).

bumcheekcity

I just ran this script on bmaher, you can see the results at http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/User:Lostcalpolydude . Light yellow for P and light green for HP seem a bit close in color to me, but that's just a cosmetic thing. The output says I have Snowclone when I don't. It's missing Gnomish Hardigness (P), stickers, party favors, and rainbow gravitation. My skills are publicly viewable if you want to look at that.

For trophies that can't be obtained any more, could some color like red be used to differentiate them from the blank that indicates you still need to get them?

For familiars, I have done several 100% runs, and none of them are showing up (including the black cat, which was even 100% when I went through the gash).

I've identified some problems with the skills, and fixed them, though the tomes still aren't reporting correctly. I absolutely forgot to add the 100/90% familiar checks, so I'll re-add them in.

I've made unobtainable trophies red. This has been changed on the wiki, so shows up instantly.

Terrabul, the problem with the trophies being incorrectly reported has been fixed.

EDIT: If the problems still occur, check you're not using an old version of the data files. Delete the relevant data files from your directory and then try again :D Then if it doesn't work, shout at me.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I was just reading a controversy you've stirred up on the wiki. There's talk here and here about deleting these templates. This is why some scripts should be kept out of sight.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Unbelievable. I've just lost a whole lot of respect for a some of the people associated with the Wiki. "Having a personal page is a privilege, not a right", and "putting that kind of stuff on your page is vanity" and so on. What a bunch of tea-pot tyranny.

Makes me want to stay far, far away from contributing.

bumcheekcity

But at least I won't be complaining that you take it down. No, I've obviously not built the page, I'm just illustrating the URL. Might do it anyway, to be honest. I have adverts on my site, so why the hell should I help the wiki with their advertising if they don't want it?

bumcheekcity

http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profile.php?u=bumcheekcity

Yep, change of plan, it's going on my website. The script now runs and automatically connects to the site, updating the code without anything else needing doing. It's actually easier, because you won't have to bother copy/pasting anything in, you won't need a KoL Wiki account and you won't have to deal with people who seem to have their heads shoved so far up their own arses they can lick their hats.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
If you want bum I can host the script on the kolmafia servers once you finish it.