bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

I think I'll remove that and duplicate the baseball bat with the other bats as well instead. Makes for easier reading at least :)

Ioeth

I think there might still be a problem with getting candy for the Sugar Rush effect:

Code:
case "Angry Farmer candy" :
case "Tasty Fun Good rice candy" :
	if (tryPull(lairitems[x].a))
		numGatesWeHaveItemFor = numGatesWeHaveItemFor + 1;
	else if (bumAdv($location[Orc Chasm], "item", "hebo", "1 " + lairitems[x].a, "Getting " + (lairitems[x].a == "Angry Farmer candy" ? "an" : "a") + lairitems[x].a, "i", "consultHeBo"))
		numGatesWeHaveItemFor = numGatesWeHaveItemFor + 1;
	break;

Isn't this going to attempt to adventure in the Orc Chasm in the case that the lair item is an Angry Farmer candy? If so, that's bad, because while Tasty Fun Good rice candy is found in the Chasm, Angry Farmer candy is found in the Giant's castle, which would result in adventuring in the Chasm forever. I've attached a patch file that I think should resolve the issue.

Attachments

• fix_candy.patch
    1.5 KB · Views: 27

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm putting this here because I think bccascend might choose to make changes to deal with it.

I have been running the character with v0.53. I ran out of adventures and just checked my quest log for giggles. On the Current Quests it says:
<name> and the Quest for the Holy MacGuffin
You've picked up your father's diary, and things just got a whole lot more complicated. Oh dear.

On the completed quests it says
A Pyramid Scheme
The mighty Ed the Undying has fallen! You recovered the Holy MacGuffin! Jolly good show, mate!

I have a Holy MacGuffin in inventory and not a handful of confetti so the only "problem" is that bccascend visited the council to acquire the Level 12 quest before Ed was defeated. Perhaps it should check for a Holy MacGuffin in inventory and visit if present?

Winterbay

Does bumcheckascend make use of Clip Art Tome or VIP room? Any other items worth buying that it would use AND speed up HC runs?

It does use Unbearable Lights instead of pumpkin bombs if you have that and no Heboulder so there's that. It does also use the hatter if you have drink me potions available so that may be useful as well I guess.

The Obtuse Angel is a nice familiar that cna help speed things up (specially the beach and the orc chasm) and anything that can help you get more +meat, +item or similar will definitely help with many of the quests.

It will even use a Knob Goblin Organ Grinder on the Boss Bat and then autosell the pie when you're in a HCO run!

So...yeah I'm running my HCO turns manually this run...first HCO run so we'll see how it goes. ;)

It does use Unbearable Lights instead of pumpkin bombs if you have that and no Heboulder so there's that. It does also use the hatter if you have drink me potions available so that may be useful as well I guess.

The Obtuse Angel is a nice familiar that cna help speed things up (specially the beach and the orc chasm) and anything that can help you get more +meat, +item or similar will definitely help with many of the quests.

So we have to manually get the items for whatever we want it to do? I was hoping that it would always save the last summon for the bucket of wine nightcap.

I'm also not quite sure what else it can do besides using unbeatable light.

Winterbay

It will summon a light if needed, but no it won't summon any nightcaps or similar. Eating and Drinking is mainly left as an exercise to the user since there are way too many possibilities for how to do that.

Crowther

Does bumcheckascend make use of Clip Art Tome or VIP room? Any other items worth buying that it would use AND speed up HC runs?
To add to what Winterbay said. . . The script can automatically use the fax machine. You should be running Bale's healing script and that will use the hot tub. You'll mostly need to use the tome yourself, but that's not hard and it helps lots. You can pick up the mirror/drinkme/teaparty/hat buff manually, but the script will not use it automatically. Mafia's breakfast will pick up your swimming pool item and I think it will use the pool table automatically to defeat the NS's familiars. The shower is up to you, but if you create the ice hat thing, this script is likely to wear it.

As far as what else helps, first there's spleen familiars. Currently only Bloovian Groose, Rogue Program and Baby Sandworm are used. I've got a patch I need to submit for the Unconscious Collective. Hobo monkey and Hound Dog are used. As are fairychauns. I prefer the hipster as my default familiar. Slimeling will be used for equipment drops. That's off the top of my head. You can look in mafia's data folder and find some "bcs_fam_" files. Those are the familiars it will use. The best ones are on the top of the list. Ideal, then you'd get the #1 from each list:
he-boulder
Hobo Monkey
jumpsuited hound dog
Knob Goblin Organ Grinder
mini-hipster
obtuse angel
Pair of Stomping Boots
slimeling
Sounds expensive. The camp scout backpack is awesome for hardcore.

EDIT: Patch submitted. Hopefully I did it right this time.

Last edited:

Ioeth

I've been having a bit of a problem with bumcheekascend going back and adventuring in the Spooky Forest after I've already completed the Level 2 quest. This ascension, it happened after I ran out of turns while adventuring in the Fun House (part of the new LEW code). I ate and fired up the script again and it started Level 2 and began adventuring in the Spooky Forest. I went and investigated and noticed that the bcascSpookyForest() checks the questL02Larva property. In my vars file, though, it looks like Mafia might keep two separate properties for this quest: questL02Larva and questL02Mosquito. Don't know what's up with that. In addition, it looks like there's a setting that can keep the script from doing the temple open steps until later, called bcasc_openTempleLater, but this setting isn't in the settings file. Mind looking into this?

I've noticed in my last few ascentions that tokens are not being turned into keys for me anymore. I don't know if I messed up a setting or what, but here's the output I get when it comes time to use the keys:

Code:
Inserting skeleton key...
You acquire an item: stone tablet (Really Evil Rhythm)
Wielding star crossbow...
Equipment changed.
Putting on star hat...
Equipment changed.
Taking Trort the Star Starfish out of terrarium...
Inserting Richard's star key...
You acquire an item: stone tablet (Sinister Strumming)
Inserting digital key...
You acquire an item: stone tablet (Squeezings of Woe)
Verifying ingredients for Boris's key (1)...
You need 1 more fat loot token to continue.

BCC: We got through the whole entryway. That's fairly unlikely at this point....
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair1] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_lair1 => 54
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair1].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair2].
BCC: We are doing the Mariachi part.

You don't have two distinct legend keys. This script will not attempt to zap anything.

> /count token

You have 3 fat loot tokens.

> /count pine wand

You have 1 pine wand.

so a couple of things - for one it's not finding the tokes for some reason. for two, it's getting me 3 tokens even though i have a pine wand and can obviously zap a key when necessary. I'm not sure what all the pertinent variables are here, but the one I know of seem to be set right:

Code:
> get bcasc_3KeysNoWand

false

any help, or advice? as it stands now i am simply going to get the keys manually, but i'd love it if you could school me on a setting i'm missing or if you could check into a possible bug. thanks.

Winterbay

I've been having a bit of a problem with bumcheekascend going back and adventuring in the Spooky Forest after I've already completed the Level 2 quest. This ascension, it happened after I ran out of turns while adventuring in the Fun House (part of the new LEW code). I ate and fired up the script again and it started Level 2 and began adventuring in the Spooky Forest. I went and investigated and noticed that the bcascSpookyForest() checks the questL02Larva property. In my vars file, though, it looks like Mafia might keep two separate properties for this quest: questL02Larva and questL02Mosquito. Don't know what's up with that. In addition, it looks like there's a setting that can keep the script from doing the temple open steps until later, called bcasc_openTempleLater, but this setting isn't in the settings file. Mind looking into this?

What path were you on? Also, did any of those Level02-settings say anything other than unstarted? Relying on Mafia's quest support is perhaps not the best idea always, but it makes things easier sometimes :)

I thought that setting was already in the relay-file, but there are a few that needs to get added now I think (LEW, ROFL and so on).

Check your coinmasters setting...

I dont know how to get that setting in the CLI, but I checked in preferences and it's turned on, re: Buy items with tokens at coin masters whenever needed. That's not a setting I've ever messed with and has always been on.

I was wondering if this issue maybe had something to do with the new IOTM content and the fact that fat loot tokens are now available to get another way, but i dont know.

Ioeth

What path were you on? Also, did any of those Level02-settings say anything other than unstarted? Relying on Mafia's quest support is perhaps not the best idea always, but it makes things easier sometimes :)

I thought that setting was already in the relay-file, but there are a few that needs to get added now I think (LEW, ROFL and so on).

HCNP. After I killed the script for adventuring in the Spooky Forest, I went and looked in my settings file and questL02Larva was set to "unstarted" while questL02Mosquito was "finished". After shutting down Mafia and firing it back up, both of them were listed as "finished". I didn't see bcasc_openTempleLater in bumSeMan and had to manually add it to the settings file to get it to show up.

Ioeth

I dont know how to get that setting in the CLI, but I checked in preferences and it's turned on, re: Buy items with tokens at coin masters whenever needed. That's not a setting I've ever messed with and has always been on.

I was wondering if this issue maybe had something to do with the new IOTM content and the fact that fat loot tokens are now available to get another way, but i dont know.

I've had this problem as well and was wondering the same thing.