bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

HankStrong

I think it only adds spheres currently if you're a Sauceror, that could get changed I guess. Also, it should probably maximize for initiative as well to make it slightly more probable that you survive.

Init would be good or even a toggle to do that quest via the EXTREME route instead.

I have no idea why it would do that. The consultmyst-function should return the CCS if bcasc_doMystAsCCS is set to "true" (and it apparently did that other times as you say) and no matter what it should never return "attack"

It's doing it on the ancient spirits too.

Code:
[964] Hidden City (Square 2)
Encounter: ancient protector spirit
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: This isn't actually adventuring at the noob cave. Don't worry! (Myst)

Round 2: chef_rannos attacks!

[964] Noob Cave
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 3: ancient protector spirit takes 1 damage.
You lose 29 hit points
Round 3: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
Round 4: ancient protector spirit takes 1 damage.
You lose 29 hit points
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 4
Round 5: ancient protector spirit takes 1 damage.
You lose 29 hit points
Round 5: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks it is round 5
Round 6: ancient protector spirit takes 1 damage.
You lose 29 hit points
Round 6: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 7 but KoL thinks it is round 6
Round 7: ancient protector spirit takes 1 damage.
You lose 29 hit points

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Casting Tongue of the Otter 1 times...
You gain 19 hit points
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
Tongue of the Otter was successfully cast.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

That repeated a few times before I noticed it and broke automation. :(

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The "does other thing instead of what it first did" is most often due to you gaining stats so that you are suddenly above the stat set up by BCA to do a specific thing the next time you run the script (be it form the turns you ran or the food you ate), and yes it's somewhat annoying. With the new maximize-option of getting all options out of the command it should hopefully work better. I just need time to actually do anything with it (same for autobasement).

Duh. Of course this is driven by stats. I guess one solution would be to always "restart" the decision making process every time stats were gained. Another solution might be to have some kind of "in progress but not done yet" variable and consult it before looking for something else to do. Of course, since I am amused and not annoyed by this, now that I know why, I am content to leave it as it is. Thanks.

Winterbay

You'll have to ask bumcheekcity, I only have commit access and nothing else. Also, cannot upload a fixed version unti ltomorrow as I'm on a train, on my work computer without access to SVN-tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crowther

Well, the formulation was meant to mean "Please do that part yourself, the script will assume you have done so when rerun and thus move on to the next step". If you have a better formulation then I'm all ears :)
Yup. The minimal change is to state what the user needs to do. How about this?
BCC: Unable to buff item drops to at least +50. Please search the pantry yourself, the script will move on when you rerun it.
BCC: Unable to buff stench resistance high enough. Please investigate room 237 yourself, the script will move on when you rerun it.
It's not perfect, but clearer.

On the topic of changing current goals when the script is rerun. . .

I played around with that once. I modified the script to only spend one turn before reevaluating. This exposed a number of minor abort bugs, where the script would assume a condition was met, just because adventuring stopped. I believe most of those where later fixed when BCC went on an abort bug fixing bender. I stopped doing it, because it was very expensive, both for my machine and for the KoL server. I still limit adventuring to 37 times before reevaluating, which sometimes saves me from spending all my adventures on an infinite loop.

Theraze

But you don't need to search the pantry yourself... if you get your item drops to 50, the script will continue for you. Same goes for stench resistance. Which should be at least 4.

Winterbay

Well, currently if you get your +item to 50 after it aborted and rerun the script the script will aim for 4 stench resistance and use tose choices so you really need to do it yourself (or set bcasc_stage_peakitems to 0 I guess).

Winterbay

Well, it was the easiest way to implement it at the time :)

That said, my local copy currently uses the new maximize()-function to access all of Mafia's suggestions and execut ethem in order of score trying to get to 50 which is a clear improvement over the current version. Need to test it out in "reality" though (and not only in my test script).

Crowther

Well, it was the easiest way to implement it at the time :)
Yup. I was looking at this as a work in progress. I was impressed that was the only problem I ran into. It's a messy quest.

Last run even the maximizer couldn't find +50%. I had to roll for half a dozen candy hearts before I got a lavender one.

It also fails to fight the protector spectre properly as a Mystic class...it's ignoring my CCS for that as well.

Code:
[990] Hidden City (Square 13)
Encounter: Protector Spectre
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
BCC: This isn't actually adventuring at the noob cave. Don't worry! (Myst)

Round 2: chef_rannos attacks!

[990] Noob Cave
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 3: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 19 hit points
Round 3: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
Round 4: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 20 hit points
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 4
Round 5: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 19 hit points
Round 5: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks it is round 5
Round 6: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
Round 6: MP-Gamer tosses his identity disc at him for 1 damage, then invites you to drink some glowing blue liquid out of the disc. The whole thing's a little more intimate than you're comfortable with, but it's still refreshing.
Round 6: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You gain 1 Mana Point
You lose 22 hit points
Round 6: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 7 but KoL thinks it is round 6
Round 7: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
Round 7: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 8 but KoL thinks it is round 7
Round 8: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 22 hit points
Round 8: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 9 but KoL thinks it is round 8
Round 9: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 20 hit points
Round 9: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 10 but KoL thinks it is round 9
Round 10: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 19 hit points
Round 10: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 11 but KoL thinks it is round 10
Round 11: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 20 hit points
Round 11: chef_rannos attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 12 but KoL thinks it is round 11
Round 12: protector spectre takes 1 damage.
You lose 19 hit points

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
You gain 177 hit points
Restoring HP! Currently at 177 of 177 HP, 78 of 387 MP, current meat: 13741 ... Target HP = 169.
BCC: Run_Combat() being used normally.
Failed to kill the last spectre!

EDIT: Also, it didn't maximize first...I just noticed it tried the fight with my rings on and time halo...and no weapons!

EDIT 2: It's also ignoring CCS for Ed and is using "Attack" ... ok seriously who broke the Mystic support? LOL

Last edited:

Ioeth

I'm not sure if anybody would be interested in having this, but I've written a Legendary Epic Weapon module for bumcheekascend that will do the first part of the nemesis quest right after clearing the rats out of the tavern. I've found it greatly beneficial to have the LEW in my hardcore runs, which I usually play as an AT due to the increased moxie and increased song duration. In particular, it helps to save that critical early-run meat by only having to do one cast of Ode to drink on the first day. Is this something that other people would be interested in having as well? If so I'd be happy to provide it to Winterbay.

Last edited:

Ioeth

Has anyone else been having trouble with the script collecting the climbing gear from the Lair of the Ninja Snowmen? As a high-skill AT in hardcore, I seem to get beaten up by the ninja snowman assassins about 2/3 of the time, making the process chew through a whole lot more turns than it should. I've found that adventuring in the Lair with the MCD turned down to 0, instead of the 10 that bumcheekascend leaves it at, makes my success rate against assassins much higer, probably up near 9/10 or so.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Nits. Zombiecore run. v0.53

During "initialization" I pretty consistently see
Code:
Visiting Bart Ender
Cleared mood.
Equipment changed.
Server returned response code 404 for rats.php

Visiting Bart Ender

Visiting Bart Ender
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern

and it seems as if the "Server returned response code 404 for rats.php" is a scripting issue rather than a lag or mafia issue.

I also see
Code:
BCC: Maximizing 'nuns'
Maximizing...
188 combinations checked, best score 229.00
Wielding ocarina of space...
Equipment changed.
Unable to interpret: , mainstat +melee +outfit frat warrior
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

and the blank before the comma suggests an uninitialized variable to me. Again, Zombiecore, doing the war as a Frat Boy and all of the quests.

Neither one of these seems to effect performance so I report them without any expectation that anything will change.

Winterbay

The first one is because the script tries to use Mafia's quest property and that doesn't get updated sometimes, I've no idea why.

The second comes from this:
Code:
cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, " + (my_path() == "Zombie Slayer" ? "" : "0.5 mp regen max") + ", mainstat " + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : "-10 ml") + (my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist" ? "" : " +melee ")+((anHero()) ? "+shield" : "")+" +outfit "+bcasc_warOutfit); break;

I guess there would be an extra "," if you are a zombie slayer... Fixed locally.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
questL03Rat=unstarted would certainly explain things wouldn't it? Mafia definitely knows where the faucet is and a plain vanilla login via browser shows
Ooh, I Think I Smell a Rat
You've solved the rat problem at the Typical Tavern. Way to go!
in the quest log so things are out of whack. Not sure what to report as a mafia bug and one hopes it would be a duplicate anyway.