bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The store changed, so mafia would have failed to get keys as hinted at by
Verifying ingredients for Boris's key (1)...
You need 1 more fat loot token to continue.
It should be working in r11850. If it isn't, then someone will need to post about it.

Terrabull

On the level and 8 quests I somehow manage to get constantly beaten up and then the script aborts every time. When I manually adventure I'm fine. I have no clue what's up.

Theraze

Well then you should probably post that in the Universal Recovery thread, neh? Along with specifics such as your class, if you're in a challenge run, any meat constraints, etc, etc, etc...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Went into an infinite loop. Complained it couldn't meet the maximizer requirements and then tried again, and again and again... One problem was that it was trying to get the digital key and maximize with the transformer equipped but the character did not actually have a transformer yet. A second problem may have been that it was attempting to reach a safe moxie level that was high because of +ML but too high to be reached under current conditions. The former seems like an easy to fix oversight. The latter can be left to the operator. Thanks.

For some reason it keeps changing my familiar to the Slimeling when I use the script, I set the bcasc_defaultFamiliar to Fancypants Scarecrow, it doesn't work with a space or _ either. What am I doing wrong?

Winterbay

Went into an infinite loop. Complained it couldn't meet the maximizer requirements and then tried again, and again and again... One problem was that it was trying to get the digital key and maximize with the transformer equipped but the character did not actually have a transformer yet. A second problem may have been that it was attempting to reach a safe moxie level that was high because of +ML but too high to be reached under current conditions. The former seems like an easy to fix oversight. The latter can be left to the operator. Thanks.

For the first part: I am guessing you are running the release version and not the SVN version? At least the SVN version hasn't failed me yet on getting teh transfunctioner (the released version still uses the old URL).

For the second part: Could you give a bit more detail on the problem?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Release version.

mainstat 53 max, +equip continuum transfunctioner +item drop -melee +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max failed IIRC after I got the transformer.

mainstat 33 max, +equip continuum transfunctioner +item drop -melee +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max IIRC failed before I got the transformer.

I got the transformer and swam laps between running BCCAscend and having it try those two strings. My presumption was that the increased ML raised the desired Moxie
from 33 to 53 and the latter was unachievable. Fail, in both cases, means infinite loop. If my off the cuff hypothesis doesn't make sense then it is probably is wrong and certainly not worth pursuing.

I'm trying one of the newer builds not in the first post from here. When I click download, it opens it in my browser as a text file, so I just copy pasted everything into the existing bumcheekasend file. I did this by hitting ctrl+a and ctrl+c in my browser window, and ctrl+a and ctrl+v in the bumcheekascend file. Now when I try to run it nags about a script parsing error on line 1?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm trying one of the newer builds not in the first post from here. When I click download, it opens it in my browser as a text file, so I just copy pasted everything into the existing bumcheekasend file. I did this by hitting ctrl+a and ctrl+c in my browser window, and ctrl+a and ctrl+v in the bumcheekascend file. Now when I try to run it nags about a script parsing error on line 1?

Since line 1 is just starting a comment block, it sounds like you didn't use a plain-text editor.

The script worked fine when I ran it. Then I saw it send its notify Kmail. I stripped out the notify line, as I do in every other script, and now I'm getting the script parsing error again? I tried commenting out the line instead, and it still generates the error. But then I tried putting the line back exactly as it was before, and it now still generates an error? I'm happy to just download a fresh copy and never touch it, but what's going on here, so if it pops up elsewhere I know?

Edit: for the curious, it's a practice I adopted ever since getting baleeted by someone who I was unwittingly spamming with notifications, before I knew they existed, as a resulted of my continued tinkering with their script.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I use notepad++, but notepad should suffice, but copy pasting text is always a potential issue. If you downloaded it via right-clicking and it gives that error after editing then something is up with your notepad...

For some reason it keeps changing my familiar to the Slimeling when I use the script, I set the bcasc_defaultFamiliar to Fancypants Scarecrow, it doesn't work with a space or _ either. What am I doing wrong?

It just keeps replacing it with a familiar when I'm trying to set Fancypants as a default.

It just keeps replacing it with a familiar when I'm trying to set Fancypants as a default.

Does it say anything like "Need Items" before changing? It's probably/possibly referencing one of the bcs_fam_* files in the /data directory to achieve something. You can edit those files to put familiars you prefer over ones that the script is choosing (I've had to add/reorder things in there in the past).

If it keeps picking your slimeling it could be using bcs_fam_items.txt for example.

Winterbay

The default familiar is only used when nothing else is needed and in place of a stat familiar. If you want your fancypants all the time you'll need to set it as your 100%-familiar.