bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Download it instead. On a mac, ctrl-click. On a pc, right-click. Then save the link.

Doesn't work like that on Windows 8 with Firefox. Pretty much every right click option offers to save download.htm which is not the script itself. What works best for me (most of the time) is to left clink on the script link at http://sourceforge.net/projects/bumcheekascend/files/, wait 5 seconds and then my browser offers to save the file or open it in the default application, at which point I save it.

Theraze

Nah, I've done it. If you've got it set to open automatically though, which is what mine tends to do, you just need to find the "If it doesn't start automatically, click here" link and save that. :) In under 5 seconds.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Nah, I've done it. If you've got it set to open automatically though, which is what mine tends to do, you just need to find the "If it doesn't start automatically, click here" link and save that. :) In under 5 seconds.

What you said absolutely, positively did not work for me. Period. End of discussion. Only point being there is more to a successful download of a script from SourceForge than just "saving it". ;-)

Terrabull

Figured out what was happening, on level 8 it was the boss killing me, and on level 9 it was the ghosts in the a-boo peek cause I had no elemental damage.

Now I'm getting this error:
BCC: We have not completed the stage [chasm].
BCC: We have completed the stage [aboopeak].
BCC: We have completed the stage [oilpeak].
BCC: We have completed the stage [oilpeak].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [twinpeak].
BCC: We have completed the stage [peakitems].
BCC: We have completed the stage [peakstench].
BCC: We have completed the stage [peakoil].
BCC: We have completed the stage [peakinit].
BCC: Something went wrong while going through the Twin Peak. Please check for yourself.

I adventured until I got to the hotel and I get the options: Investigate Room 237 and Search the Pantry.
Seems like my character doesn't have enough items to complete these two challenges, but for some reason they got flagged as completed.

EDIT: Might be worth noting that this was the first time I ran 0.54 instead of 0.53

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Running 0.54 as an Accordion Thief. Decided it needed to get to Barney's Barr and aborted because it couldn't get there. Ran again and it aborted because the maximizer command +outfit swashbuckling (or whatever the correct spelling is) failed because I didn't have the outfit. I adventured manually to get the outfit and the script then decided to level in the Ballroom. I suspect the attempt to go places without the right equipment may, in some way, be related to what I observed in 0.53 with the continuum transformer. I suspect the realization that it did not want to go to the Barr after all has to do with Swimming Laps and having ML +40 or thereabouts, as reported by mafia. Neither is a big deal. Reporting because I can, but a fix is not expected.

Terrabull

New post cause it's a different problem.

<code>
[2123] Hidden Temple
Encounter: Fitting In
BCC: We have not completed the stage [nostril].
choiceAdventure582 => 1
Encounter: Stone-Faced
You lose an effect: Stone-Faced
Encounter: Such Great Heights
</code>
The encounter line repeats infinitely until I force stop mafia. I have about 4 pages of that line.

Winterbay

New post cause it's a different problem.

<code>
[2123] Hidden Temple
Encounter: Fitting In
BCC: We have not completed the stage [nostril].
choiceAdventure582 => 1
Encounter: Stone-Faced
You lose an effect: Stone-Faced
</code>
The encounter line repeats infinitely until I force stop mafia. I have about 4 pages of that line.

That is interesting. It's been functioning perfectly for me every time for the last few ascensions...

Theraze

What you said absolutely, positively did not work for me. Period. End of discussion. Only point being there is more to a successful download of a script from SourceForge than just "saving it". ;-)

Okay. Just saying though, I just popped Firefox (actually Aurora 20130204042019, aka 20.0a2) on Windows 8 64-bit, browsed to http://bumcheekascend.svn.sourcefor...d/bumcheekascend.ash?revision=218&view=markup, right-clicked on the Download link, Save Link As..., and it offered to save bumcheekascend.ash. Not sure why yours is different. Extensions and results may vary, especially with Firefox.

Worked for everyone else who's had that problem, but I'll try not to suggest it to you again. :) I reserve my right to tell other people what works for me and has worked for everyone ELSE I've suggested it to besides you.

Last edited:

Crowther

Doesn't work like that on Windows 8 with Firefox. Pretty much every right click option offers to save download.htm which is not the script itself. What works best for me (most of the time) is to left clink on the script link at http://sourceforge.net/projects/bumcheekascend/files/, wait 5 seconds and then my browser offers to save the file or open it in the default application, at which point I save it.
Yeah, Sourceforge's load balancing is primitive and not at all user friendly. During those five seconds, there's a direct link on your screen. You can right click on that and do the things that most websites don't makes so hard to use.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Okay. Just saying though, I just popped Firefox (actually Aurora 20130204042019, aka 20.0a2) on Windows 8 64-bit, browsed to http://bumcheekascend.svn.sourcefor...d/bumcheekascend.ash?revision=218&view=markup, right-clicked on the Download link, Save Link As..., and it offered to save bumcheekascend.ash. Not sure why yours is different. Extensions and results may vary, especially with Firefox.

Worked for everyone else who's had that problem, but I'll try not to suggest it to you again. :) I reserve my right to tell other people what works for me and has worked for everyone ELSE I've suggested it to besides you.

That's it. I start from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bumcheekascend/files/ which is the URL posted in the first post of this thread telling me where to get the script. You start at http://bumcheekascend.svn.sourcefor...d/bumcheekascend.ash?revision=218&view=markup and indeed, the download link works as you say for both of us. You totally bypass load balancing.

It seems to me that starting at my URL gets me the latest released version of the script whereas yours will get the latest checked in version, I believe.

In a perfect world the URL in the first post would tell me where to get the latest released version using a right click and Save As, but in any event the reason things work differently for us is that we really are doing different things ;-)

Winterbay

But if you start there, isn't it easier to just click the link and get it to download the script that way? At least when I do that I get a popup asking me where I want to save my .ash file (after having waited the 5 seconds).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
But if you start there, isn't it easier to just click the link and get it to download the script that way? At least when I do that I get a popup asking me where I want to save my .ash file (after having waited the 5 seconds).

Easier is a relative term but yeah, that's how it works for me. Not specifying where to start caused the confusion. Things are easier and more reliable for me if I wait for the timer to run down.

Crowther

Not for me. Sometimes I'm running mafia remotely and Firefox locally. I need a URL I can cut and paste into a command line or I have to do a bunch of extra steps to transfer the file between computers. Yes, I'm an odd bird.

Theraze

For me, it automatically opens the page... it doesn't give me the option to save instead. So it really does need some effort somehow. :) And anytime I point someone to the link, I point them to the SVN, since it's the version that actually works... just like mafia and release v. daily builds. :) Anyways, makes sense. Just not sure why your FF gives you the choice to save and mine doesn't. Ah well.

Crowther

I just use a shell script that updates via svn and then copies the file to my scripts directory. :D
Yeah, I do that too for this script. It even merges the changes into mine. I was speaking from experience using Sourceforge for other things. I use SVN for KoLmafia too.

P.S. I submitted a couple of patches. Can someone give me some feedback if I'm using SVN right? I'm more used to RCS and Hg.

EDIT: I'm really glad kolmafia.us stopped requiring a login to download scripts. That was a far bigger problem for me than Sourceforge.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I haven't had the time to check them out. I should download them and email them to myself since I don't have access to sourceforge at work (the firewall blocks it) and see if I can get the time to look at them.

bumcheekcity

Winterbay, do you reckon it's worth spinning a new version before the Festival of Jarlsberg (or whatever) challenge path this Feb? I imagine the new version spun a week or so ago would suffice, but didn't know if you or anyone else had made large changes since then.

I'm not sure if I am missing a setting or what, but is there a way to get bca to identify hidden city stones for me? I have the option turned on in Custom combat, but I am using WHAM, so maybe that's overriding?

Winterbay

Winterbay, do you reckon it's worth spinning a new version before the Festival of Jarlsberg (or whatever) challenge path this Feb? I imagine the new version spun a week or so ago would suffice, but didn't know if you or anyone else had made large changes since then.

Maybe. There is a bug with the wand zapping that crowther pointed out (and that I've fixed locally). Apart from that there is no real need I think although I am adding a new option for softcore (to play it as if it was hardcore and allow the maximizer to do its job and ignore the bcaascend outfit) and I've started to adapt the code for Jarslberg (i.e. generalise the code for getting skills since I assume that will work in the same way as for Boris).

I'm not sure if I am missing a setting or what, but is there a way to get bca to identify hidden city stones for me? I have the option turned on in Custom combat, but I am using WHAM, so maybe that's overriding?

If it is turned on in Custom Combat WHAM should do it for you as part of the SmartStasis integration. The only times I've had problem with BCA and the spheres is when the last spheres are dropped with no combats after it so that the spheres fail to identify.