New Content - Implemented Zombie Master items - The new challenge path and its items

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It might be nice to filter out non-brains from the Food menu. You CAN use them to binge a GGG - but why would you bother, since you can't use MP?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Currently doable using the filter bar, but it would definitely be nice if this were done automatically (so that one doesn't, for instance, make a pumpkin pie for no good reason). After all, we did have this for beecore (I do remember explicitly creating an item because I didn't realize that it got filtered out).

Fluxxdog

In Preferences => Text Colors, I have the Not Available color as red. Currently, mafia shows shots of blackberry schnapps in red since I have to be LV 11 to drink it. Why not simple make non-brain food "Not Available" colored in Zombiecore? There are 5 confirmed ZC brains:
crappy brain
decent brain
good brain
boss brain
hunter brain

It's been speculated that there could be more, but other than that, shouldn't be to difficult. Or am I talking about something I have no idea about?

Theraze

Any other food with "brain" in the name appears to be edible as well. Veracity and I have both eaten fricasseed brains successfully, for example... But marking food without "brain" in the name as non-available should be easy enough.

The real question is if the brain-meltingly hot wings are edible or not. :)

Bale

Minion
You CAN use them to binge a GGG - but why would you bother, since you can't use MP?

Because you want an attacking volleyball to help killing the first few hunters on your first run when you don't yet have a Hovering Skull. On my future runs I'll have a Hovering Skull which will obviate any need for the GGG, but until then I really needed help with the early hunters because my combat skills sucked and my level was low.

Is it worth having them there when it only matters for someone's first run?

Last edited:

Theraze

And only for people with two somewhat old former IotM familiars, which they can still feed using the relay browser?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Because you want an attacking volleyball to help killing the first few hunters on your first run when you don't yet have a Hovering Skull.
Perhaps filter it if you don't have a GGG equipped.

On my future runs I'll have a Hovering Skull which will obviate any need for the GGG, but until then I really needed help with the early hunters because my combat skills sucked and my level was low.
Nit: to obviate means "to render unnecessary". So, if you "obviate the need for the GGG", you "render the need for the GGG unnecessary". Is it the "need for the GGG" which becomes unnecessary, or the "GGG" which becomes unnecessary? ;)

Bale

Minion
Nit: to obviate means "to render unnecessary". So, if you "obviate the need for the GGG", you "render the need for the GGG unnecessary". Is it the "need for the GGG" which becomes unnecessary, or the "GGG" which becomes unnecessary? ;)

Both. The Hovering Skull is just that cool. (I played Planescape so its cool factor is +5 for me. Everyone should play Planescape)

Darzil

Developer
Good Brains give 5-7 of each stat in addition to the adventures. Couldn't see if others were missing, but Decent Brains give 3-5. Hunter's Brains give 9-12. Boss brains give 9-12.

Theraze

There's still some brain-stats missing. Good brains aren't marked as 5-7, per Darzil's spading (they're still 0s). The others look added though...

After the good brains get their data in, I'd close this thread and suggest people add the hunter-stats to their own thread later. Since that isn't in mafia, but then... we still don't have any of the bugbear monster stats in.

Rinn

Developer
Brain stat gains added with r11472. If someone has time, you should probably update the kolwiki to match.