Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In npcstores.txt I see:

Code:
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books	bartlebys	pirate brochure	300	ROW612
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books	bartlebys	pirate pamphlet	300	ROW613
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books	bartlebys	pirate tract	300	ROW614
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books	bartlebys	The Big Book of Pirate Insults	500	ROW615
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books	bartlebys	abridged dictionary	1000	ROW617

Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)	bartlebys	pirate brochure	300	ROW612
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)	bartlebys	pirate pamphlet	300	ROW613
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)	bartlebys	pirate tract	300	ROW614
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)	bartlebys	Massive Manual of Marauder Mockery	500	ROW616
Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)	bartlebys	abridged dictionary	1000	ROW617
In my session log I see:

Code:
buy 1 abridged dictionary for 1000 each from Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)
You spent 1,000 Meat
You acquire an item: abridged dictionary

buy 1 The Big Book of Pirate Insults for 500 each from Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)
You spent 500 Meat
You acquire an item: The Big Book of Pirate Insults
Well, no. I am not in a Bees Hate You run.

When I go to the Purchases frame and search for pirate I see:

pirate brochure (unlimited @300) Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)
pirate pamphlet (unlimited @300) Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books
pirate tract (unlimited @300) Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books (Bees Hate You)
The Big Book of Pirate Insults (unlimited @500) Barrrtleby's Barrrgain Books

(pirate brochure and pirate tract are grayed out, since I can't get them this run.)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's NPCStoreDatabase.storeNameById, where the store name is obviously just overwritten by the last name when reading the data file. getStoreName() could have a special case for this store, and it would fix the logging issue.

What confuses me is that NPCStoreDatabase.canPurchase() doesn't stop me from buying a pirate tract from the NPC. I would expect NPCStoreDatabase.NPC_ITEMS to only have the entry for the BHY store name, which shouldn't be available.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bump to move off of page 12. My most recent session log where I bought from this store still shows this.