Bug When the first funkslung item ends combat, the second one is deducted from inventory

Cool12309

If you funksling opium grenades at a pair of burnouts, mafia thinks it used both grenades successfully. However, only one is used (and is resynced next combat when it looks at the combat item dropdowns). This appears to be the same thing for any other combat item thrown after the opium grenade:

Round 1: Cool12309 uses the opium grenade and uses the old-school flying disc!

It thought the old-school flying disc was used. This probably also affects any other instant-killers, though I'm unsure.

There is no general message to check for. All that there is to parse is the lack of a message for the second item being used (or the monster dying), because KoL never uses it.

I'm inclined to mark this Won't Fix.

Meh. Next combat mafia will recognize the existent number of opium grenades so... meh.

Any time that the first combat item kills or scares off a monster, mafia believes that the second combat item is used, but corrects the count in the following combat.

I'm inclined to mark this as Already Fixed.

Why would you do that? Are you pulling them, or something? What a waste of a pull!

Since you get at most 2 poppies per battles, if you make a grenade every time you have two poppies, you will never have more than one grenade going into a battle. So, if you have two, you didn't use one when you could have.

We don't need to put in special code to cater to people who do stupid things.

We don't need to put in special code to cater to people who do stupid things.

Sorry my small bit of testing is "stupid".

Also, most people do not run +900% item to get 2 poppies per battle, nor do people do this quest in run, so I'm not pulling anything.

Sorry my small bit of testing is "stupid".
...which is nothing like what I actually said, but I am sure you know that.

I see. So, you were intentionally doing stupid things in order to test. Good for you, I guess!
Perhaps somebody will put in a fix to help out people who are doing stupid things without even knowing it.

This report has nothing to do with opium grenades. The "bug" (or whatever) is that when the first combat item (no matter what it is) kills a monster, mafia thinks the second one is also used even though it is not.

Yes, I understand that. It is exactly the same thing that happens when you funksling tattered scraps of paper and the first one ends the battle. The second tatter is never used.

I fully expect that KoLmafia treats that in exactly the same way as it does in this case.

Unlike funkslinging opium grenades, funkslinging tatters is not a stupid thing to do, since the first one is not guaranteed to end the battle.

There are probably dozens of other similar situations. Do you want to change the title of the report to indicate the real issue?

Back