Feature When creating a macro from CCS, don't use a spooky putty sheet after the 5th copy

Rinn

Developer
If you try to use a spooky putty sheet a 6th time from a macro, this will cause the macro to abort. It would be safer for automation if when creating the macro, mafia would omit using the spooky putty sheet if it has already been used 5 times. This may also apply to the 4-d camera.

slyz

Developer
I think this is a problem with KoL macros more than with Mafia CCSs, but maybe something can be done about it. I'll try to have a look.

Rinn

Developer
Well yeah, I realize that. KoL is aborting the macro when it tries to use the spooky putty sheet, but mafia can prevent that abort by not adding that usage to the macro to begin with.

matt.chugg

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but could it also skip adding the usage of a spooky putty sheet if you don't have one, or have a spooky putty monster present. For example during crimbo, I set my CCS to putty the swarm of wasps, but didn't want to actually fight them until after the rest of my turns (keeping the moster in my inventory until later) so had to edit the the ccs.

edit: having a spooky putty monster is a redundant check since having a monster would mean no sheet, I think. unless you can have 2 sheets, use one, and attempt to use the other?

Last edited:

xKiv

edit: having a spooky putty monster is a redundant check since having a monster would mean no sheet, I think. unless you can have 2 sheets, use one, and attempt to use the other?

Wiki lists a message that refuses to use another putty sheet with a putty monster in inventory, so that's what should be checked.

slyz

Developer
I'm not sure how relevant this is, but could it also skip adding the usage of a spooky putty sheet if you don't have one
The macros that Mafia submits intentionally abort if you don't have the item you wanted to use. And you can get around this by adding a "if hascombatitem" before using the putty.

Bale

Minion
Some time ago on this forum there was a discussion about KoLmafia adding the "if hascombatitem" predicate before submitting a combat item in a macro to head off that problem. In case anyone is wondering why that isn't done, it is because it breaks if you are ambidextrously funkslinging 2 of the same item since hascombatitem won't reveal if you possess 2 of the item.