Bug - Fixed Waitq() does not abort

Sentrion

This took me a while to figure out, but I finally did it. I have a bot I run which logs in automatically, and starts its login script. That script has a few waitq()s in it. Over the last few days, I discovered that I was unable to abort out of these wait cycles.

Now, I was under the impression that login scripts were unlike chatbotScripts and whatnot in that they would occupy the CLI, making other commands queue up. Either I never paid close enough attention, or this recently changed, because they do in fact leave the CLI free. Anyway, I won't go into details, but that had me confused for a long time.

Point is, I'm unable to abort from waitq()s. (I can still abort from regular wait()s.)

Theraze

This is actually an issue that was noticed while waitq had completely replaced wait. I believe the issue may be that waitq runs a single pause that goes as long as the requested wait, while the normal 'wait' command runs a 1 second pause request every second.

Theraze

Here we go. Now it runs in a for loop where it runs one 1 second pause per second requested, and checks between each second for permitscontinue. So you can actually tell it to stop, and it'll listen. Tested, it aborted properly. Whee.

Attachments

• WaitqAbort.patch
    552 bytes · Views: 29

Theraze

Yes. It's a feature or a bug.

No clue what you're talking about currently, since it's not a part of this (fixed) bug.