Bug - Not A Bug Using moveable feast from daily deeds, unequips feast if already equipped

jwylot

I'm pretty sure that this has only recently started happening. Originally the feast would be re-equipped after use. Build r9991.
Code:
> equip
Pet: Pair of Stomping Boots (31 lbs)
Item: moveable feast

> use moveable feast

Taking off moveable feast...
Equipment changed.
Using 1 moveable feast...
Finished using 1 moveable feast.

> equip
Pet: Pair of Stomping Boots (36 lbs)
Item: (none)

Theraze

Does it run a retrieve_item? That will remove equipped items automatically as its first source of getting the requested item...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that this has only recently started happening. Originally the feast would be re-equipped after use.
If an item is marked "usable" - as the moveable feast is - we create and call a UseItemRequest on it.
That will call retrieveItem(), which will, as Theraze says, move an item from equipment to inventory before using it.
There is no code in the UseItemRequest or the "use" command to re-equip an item which has been so "retrieved" into inventory.
There never has been such code. I have no idea why you think the "use" command ever reequipped for you.

Now, you refer to using the moveable feast from daily deeds. I have not looked at that. I looked at the "use" command, since that is what you demonstrated in your gCLI output. What you showed me for the "use" command worked exactly as expected.