Bug - Fixed Unexpected error: KoLmafia tried to log in while already logged in?!

Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
          KoLmafia v14.8 r9926, Mac OS X, Java 1.6.0_26
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
 would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
 at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were 
 doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Tue Oct 25 17:01:05 EDT 2011

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.processLoginRequest(LoginRequest.java:414)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1647)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1578)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1290)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1181)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.detectChallenge(LoginRequest.java:143)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.run(LoginRequest.java:265)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:82)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.executeTimeInRequest(LoginRequest.java:363)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1685)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1578)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1290)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1181)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.ChatRequest.run(ChatRequest.java:89)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:82)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.chat.ChatSender.sendRequest(ChatSender.java:196)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.chat.ChatSender.sendMessage(ChatSender.java:170)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.handleChat(RelayRequest.java:1451)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1545)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.readServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:459)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.performRelay(RelayAgent.java:150)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.run(RelayAgent.java:127)

KoLmafia relay browser chat froze up at the time, also. Not sure what happened, exactly...
Trying to close and relaunch the relay browser gave me a file download prompt for game.php. Odd.

slyz

Developer
KoL login is behaving erratically after today's down time, maybe it has something to do with this?

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
I assume this has to do with the kol server reconfiguration that happened earlier today. I've also been noticing some intermittent relay browser issues where it's not redirecting correctly.

In order to fix this, click on the "connection" tab and choose "www.kingdomofloathing.com".

At some point kolmafia needs to be reconfigured to not use server load balancing anymore.

spidermcfly

I hope the solution also allows logging in via IP address - this function isn't working at all now, and it's the only way I can connect from work.

slyz

Developer
I didn't change the IP for "www.kingdomofloathing.com", which is currently 69.16.150.196 in Mafia's source. It's just a matter of finding out the new one. I tried 69.16.150.211, but it doesn't seem to work.

Winterbay

I am guessing that the system now set up lets you connect to www.kingdomeofloathing.com and after logging in directs you internally to one of the different webservers. The only server with external contact is then www. meaning that even if you connect to that one via IP-address you won't be connected to your game since the first thing that server does is forward you to another server with an internal IP-address that you can't use. But this is just my guessing :)

holatuwol

Developer
Hola figured you couldn't connect via IP address any more, but I don't know why.
You can try telling KoLmafia to use '69.16.150.211' port 80 as a proxy. That seemed to work in my testing, and is essentially equivalent to what we would have to do if we wanted to support it more formally.