Feature Ultrahydration

Bale

Minion
I'm spoiled by the way mafia used to work, but I want mafia to auto-hydrate for me as it used to before the Desert Revamp.

At the very least, please give me a warning screen the first time I try to adventure un-hydrated. The warning screen can give me the options of "adventure un-hydrated" or "get hydrated before adventuring" and don't warn me again.

Theraze

Just a note regarding mafia auto-hydration. If we start doing this, we probably need to actually check if we got the stone rose instead and not adventure unhydrated. If it's done by beforeBattleScript, then writing that is up to the player.

Bale

Minion
Just a note regarding mafia auto-hydration. If we start doing this, we probably need to actually check if we got the stone rose instead and not adventure unhydrated.

Actually, all that is needed is a check to see if the character is ultrahydrated. If not, BAM — back to the Oasis.

Winterbay

I would be happy to extend this request to also work for auto-adventuring, but I guess an afterAdventureScript can do that.

Bale

Minion
I guess an afterAdventureScript can do that.

Before adventure scripting (betweenBattleScript) would be a better idea. I suppose I could script it also. This just feels like it should be part of mafia since it used to be part of mafia.

guyy

Presumably they took this out because you no longer absolutely need to be ultrahydrated to advance the quest; if you're not doing the drum machine (or already used it) and can deal with the negative effects, it's a waste of turns. But it'd be nice to have it as an option, since you usually do want to stay hydrated.

Darzil

Developer
It mainly stopped working because the zone changed. It also wasn't clear that it was necessary any more (Jick had considered making it not so in a radio chat).

Perhaps we should consider adding autohydrated / warnings, but not if you have recovered the 15 pages ?